Welcome to Gaia! ::

shy gh0st's Wife

I have every right to "complain" just like you do.
      All I said was I'm tired of hearing it, I never said names or pointed fingers.
      No need to get snappy just because I don't 100% agree with you. lol
OtakuJeannie
B e a r i s a l
Drink More Beer
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think people judging others on how they spend their money is really stupid. :c

I could say I think smoking is a complete waste of money and judge them for spending their cash on cigarettes/tobacco. That's just an example. I could say anyone who spends money on any hobby or item I think is useless or pointless is a complete waste. But it's absolutely none of my business and everyone has the right to spend their money how they wish. If there are users who would like to spend their extra cash on items on Gaia, I say go for it! biggrin

________________________________________ ✪ ________________________________________
I understand it's a form of entertainment, I didn't say their was and problem with them doing it.
I'm just saying spending 50 - 250 dollars on one items is ridiculous. I think people judging others their opinions are really stupid. Reminds me of the Zimmerman trial.

And yet that's exactly what you are doing....
I said I found it ridiculous, I don't need a 2 page essay on why people do it. I can care less if u agree or not.
Busy Bunny
You're tired of hearing it, okay. You could have posted that in any thread but somehow you felt the need to in mine? Why not make your own topic, surprised I'm sure a bunch of these hard heads would happily join you.

shy gh0st's Wife

Drink More Beer
I think people judging others on how they spend their money is really stupid. :c

I could say I think smoking is a complete waste of money and judge them for spending their cash on cigarettes/tobacco. That's just an example. I could say anyone who spends money on any hobby or item I think is useless or pointless is a complete waste. But it's absolutely none of my business and everyone has the right to spend their money how they wish. If there are users who would like to spend their extra cash on items on Gaia, I say go for it! biggrin

________________________________________ ✪ ________________________________________
      The only flaw with that is that smoking cigarettes is not just harmful to the smoker, but to everyone else around them too. I don't like to be around it at all, so I'd like for others to respect that wish and take it someplace else. That's one instance where you can speak up. dramallama
Drink More Beer
B e a r i s a l
Drink More Beer

I understand it's a form of entertainment, I didn't say their was and problem with them doing it.
I'm just saying spending 50 - 250 dollars on one items is ridiculous. I think people judging others their opinions are really stupid. Reminds me of the Zimmerman trial.

Obviously you're entitled to an opinion. I, personally, could never imagine spending more than $100 on a single item, but I don't have a care in the world if others want to. If people have enough money to be spending that much on items, good for them. I'm not going to judge them for spending their own money on what they want, even if I'd never buy the items myself.

I find more of a problem with the price these items are set as. I could care less what people spend, I just don't agree with it.

Dapper Duck

11,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Busy Bunny
      The only flaw with that is that smoking cigarettes is not just harmful to the smoker, but to everyone else around them too. I don't like to be around it at all, so I'd like for others to respect that wish and take it someplace else. That's one instance where you can speak up. dramallama

That is a very valid point! xD I think it was a pretty bad example but it's the only thing that came to mind... sweatdrop I just meant people spending money on anything others could deem a waste, but I think you got that. xd

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Kiyoura
Adnama Lavode
Kiyoura
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.
It's probably less about being jealous of status items on the internet and instead being outraged that such items were created in the first place, to drain exorbitant amounts of money from people on a regular basis and excluding people because of their real life economic status (ability to buy this crap with real money, not game money). And of course it would take a long time to buy something like that in gold, if it starts out at $250, but that doesn't justify the price to begin with.

Why in the world would anyone be jealous of a person who puts that kind of money into a website where the items technically don't even belong to you, and could be taken for any reason at any time? There's no way to get your money back. This place is a money pit and all you'll ever get out of it is internet status among people you'll probably never meet or care about.

From people who can afford it? Why does it even matter that people are spending their money in a manner that don't appeal to you? It just sounds like jealousy to me. "I can't spend, but others can and do, so I'm going to b***h about it."

It's as if a person is being angry that Gucci exists or that Lamborghini exists. Or being angry that someone buys a t-shirt for $50, that you think should be worth $5. So what? Get over it.
"Don't like it, don't buy it." Yeah ok. Because that's solving the social irresponsibility issue Gaia has created for itself by promoting items like this to a large portion of it's userbase that is non-adult and would most likely not have the budgeting sense to not spend their money on this site when it could be better spent saving for their actual future. I can see Gaia having a lot of problems with parents in the future. On a separate issue, I can see a lot of people actually spending less on Gaia because of this because they've been made to feel excluded. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop spending money on this site because it's become apparent to me that they've lost all credibility and trustworthiness, and are just out to get my money. Yeah, it's a for-profit company, but they have no boundaries and they don't even adhere to promises they've made.

You can keep attributing jealousy to it if you want to continue disillusioning yourself, but I already explained how stupid that is and how it doesn't apply. I don't need social validation from pixels.

Dapper Duck

11,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
B e a r i s a l
I find more of a problem with the price these items are set as. I could care less what people spend, I just don't agree with it.

Well, that's fair enough. c: The price of these items is getting out of hand, but from Gaias point of view, if users are willing to spend $250 on a item, why not provide them with said items? They need the money and even though there are many people who could never imagine spending that much on a single item, there are also people which will.

Drink More Beer
B e a r i s a l

Well, that's fair enough. c: The price of these items is getting out of hand, but from Gaias point of view, if users are willing to spend $250 on a item, why not provide them with said items? They need the money and even though there are many people who could never imagine spending that much on a single item, there are also people which will.

Yes from their POV, making them money hungry because now they know people will spend money on items as those. If they can spend $50 on a sale, why not $250.

shy gh0st's Wife

B e a r i s a l
Busy Bunny
You're tired of hearing it, okay. You could have posted that in any thread but somehow you felt the need to in mine? Why not make your own topic, surprised I'm sure a bunch of these hard heads would happily join you.
      So now we're all hard heads because, once again, we don't 100% agree with you. rofl
      Ma'am, you are indeed the hard head here. You obviously care way too much about other people's lives.
      If they aren't harming you, why do you care? It's not your money their spending.
      It's the internet, it passes the time, and some people make this their hobby.
      Just like other people with hobbies, they spend money on what the enjoy doing and love.

I don't care if you respond, I was just putting in my two cents. It's like debating with stubborn child.
      Don't make a thread if you don't want others to actually DISCUSS your topic.
      Bye bye, I don't have time for a one sided argument.

Dapper Duck

11,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Adnama Lavode
Because that's solving the social irresponsibility issue Gaia has created for itself by promoting items like this to a large portion of it's userbase that is non-adult and would most likely not have the budgeting sense to not spend their money on this site when it could be better spent saving for their actual future.

I actually never thought about this! I was always posting and basing my opinions on users who did have the budgeting sense. It's a really good point. I guess it applies to everything people waste their money on though...There are many things people buy with money which would have benefited them a lot more if they'd saved it for their futures. Don't you think?

Busy Bunny
B e a r i s a l
Busy Bunny
      So now we're all hard heads because, once again, we don't 100% agree with you. rofl
      Ma'am, you are indeed the hard head here. You obviously care way too much about other people's lives.
      If they aren't harming you, why do you care? It's not your money their spending.
      It's the internet, it passes the time, and some people make this their hobby.
      Just like other people with hobbies, they spend money on what the enjoy doing and love.

I don't care if you respond, I was just putting in my two cents. It's like debating with stubborn child.
      Don't make a thread if you don't want others to actually DISCUSS your topic.
      Bye bye, I don't have time for a one sided argument.
w0w you say this is one sided when you are clearly telling me your piece. Please continue and tell me how I'm one sides when I'm telling others what I feel about the topic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff