Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Pants

Candie-Letter

seems fishy that they would come up with a money perk first though...

Why does that seem fishy? I mean actual businesses reward paying customers over ones that just sit in their stores and never purchase anything.
Phanna
Candie-Letter

Why does that seem fishy? I mean actual businesses reward paying customers over ones that just sit in their stores and never purchase anything.
lol making prices higher isn't a reward

Lady Pants

B e a r i s a l
Phanna
Candie-Letter

lol making prices higher isn't a reward

Yeah, I know that...but we got a spiffy pin and a birthday plumb-bob crown...(okay, those aren't all that great either and I had to buy the crown for August since my birthday is in May), but we did get those awesome fascinators.
But that's not really my point.
These "rewards" (yeah, I'm gonna call them that for lack of a better word for now) were given to those that spend cash, but we (yes there are some that are fairly newbie that prolly got in) are still loyal posters/lurkers/users of the site, hence Gaians that have been on here for years. I have never ever known someone to spend cash on a website if they didn't enjoy it.
Phanna
ive been here since 05 and i only bought gaia cash a couple of times, and it was for the collectibles. Never would i spend 250 for wings

Lady Pants

B e a r i s a l
Phanna
ive been here since 05 and i only bought gaia cash a couple of times, and it was for the collectibles. Never would i spend 250 for wings

Me either. (mostly because I don't do the wing thing)
I'll also admit to the prices being higher than what I would like, but Gaia is, alas, a business...and they will push the envelope on prices as long as people buy them and are okay with them. If sales of these items dwindle to non-existence, that will signal Gaia that the prices are unsatisfactory to their userbase.
I joined in 06 and became a full-on letter vender by 07. Back in those days, I could easily spend $50 a month...

Generous Gaian

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Big Tipper 100
Phanna
Candie-Letter

i do purchase stuff, ive been buying a bunch lately, just sucks because its "not enough" in their books..

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
money hungry would imply they have money and want more

Gaia is more like...on a money IV drip and desperately needs a risky money transfusion to save it's life

Humorist

of course they are, why else are they only showing appreciation to the folks that can bring them $$$. i use to support gaia, but from now on out. i am seriously done. they'v gone too far. they'v lost my dollar fo-eva. emotion_awesome now to watch gaiaonline burn to the ground.

Humorist

Candie-Letter
i do purchase stuff, ive been buying a bunch lately, just sucks because its "not enough" in their books..
yes! this is exactly how i feel like. and because of this i feel cheated and ashamed. they don't make you appreciate spending whatever amount you have on them. they want you to spend MORE

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Kiyoura
I just spent $5 to watch Pacific Rim today, and I know some people watch a lot of movies. If I spent $10 a month to watch movies, that adds up to $120 a year. This new Verge Club is $100 a year, which adds up to less than $10 a month.

...It's not much, honestly. And with the time it would take to rack up the gold to buy said $100 item... you'd probably be putting in a lot more time, time that could be used for something else.

I think people with your argument are really just jelly of users who can spend the money.

But you'd have the experience of having watch said movies. And well, I like going to movies occasionally because it's a nice and quiet place to get entertainment, blow off some steam, and get out of the house all in one.

And it's $100 just to get into the club. For that $10 a month, what exactly are you getting? A chance to spend more money.

Also, a lot of movie places give you stuff for going there frequently, not ask if they can take more money from you. :V Mine, if you spend $100 at the movie theater over the course of a year, you pretty much get to see a movie for free. And they'll waive online ticket surcharges for you.
The fact that Gaia is a COMPANY which would need money to survive means nothing to anyone?

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Zeroah
The fact that Gaia is a COMPANY which would need money to survive means nothing to anyone?

All companies need money to operate. Hell, I could go to city hall and start a company tomorrow. Since when does company = 3rd world country full of starving children? And since when did company = the public should look away from how they try to earn that money?

Yeah. Any company needs money to operate, that's a given. The question is why should any of the customers give a rat's a** much less their money, especially when they try a stunt as shady as this?
AKB0048
Zeroah

All companies need money. Hell, I could go to city hall and start a company tomorrow. Since when does company = 3rd world country full of starving children? And since when did company = the public should look away from how they try to earn that money?

Yeah. Any company needs money to operate, that's a given. The question is why should any of the customers give a rat's a** much less their money, especially when they try a stunt as shady as this?
It's not mandatory anyone participate. The people's opinion yes we need it, trial &' error is this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff