the MP is getting greedy.

How would a new Gaian even start?

Seeing the Marketaplace, the inflation.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Easy. They start as any other new Gaian, they post on the forums, join guilds, play games. They find the things that everyone neglects to be fun and consider avatars to be second. If people leave then that's their decision that should be respected and not used as a point to make someone's debate more plausible. There's no point in staying on a site that makes you unhappy when there's a new site opening up every month or so.

Also a dying business wouldn't be hiring new and old people nor would be ramping up sales. It's a growth, more like they're trying to make a rebound. If Gaia kept it's old model then it would have been dying.

Anamosa Valentine's Sweetheart

Gallant Hero

25,600 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Master Slayer 200
As long as gold generators are released and greed exist within the users, inflation will continue. I was thinking before whether Gaia putting gold price limits on items and the maximum number of the same item a single user can possess at a time would work... but I'm not too sure.

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
The only gold making methods that may be effective even CLOSE to vending/exchanging atm would be fishing.

Bolders are going for millions a piece, so even if you're not great, you could still fish for the small/medium fish required for them and still make some bank

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Well at this point, Gaia is mooching off the loyalty of their users as their prime source of profitable income. If the CEO/COO/marketing know anything, it's that Gaia is a gem for wracking up money because of how rare it is. 11+ years of value all being compensated by Gaia's bigwigs. That said, I really don't think Gaia could care about new users, the development of this site, or the future. A good analogy of Gaia is that they've struck oil. They'll make a lot of money now, but once the oil is gone, they'll move on to their 18+ site, and all of the pollution will make Gaia a wasteland.

Draconian Raider

26,775 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
How'd they start?

Well, if it's about items and money: by buying GGs with cash

A good scheme on Gaia's part, nay?

But Gaia isn't just about dressing up and getting pretty items, otherwise I'm sure many other would have already left already. It's also about making friends, posting in forums, discussing whatever catches your fancy, there's still plenty to do here.

If you completely ignore the existence of the MP, SF and install ad-block, to block both announcement bubbles and all the ads and popups, it's like nothing has changed.
People have been saying Gaia is dying since like 2007 or 2008. Methinks people ought to chill out with the dramatics.

Keep in mind that the expensive items are NOT a requirement. Yes, they're awesome, but one doesn't NEED them to enjoy the site. There are still plenty of items in the gold shops for new users to purchase, and if you don't count the inflation and specialty items not found in the gold shops, with the amount of gold given out to users just from browsing, posting, the games, the aquariums, and daily chance, newbies can still get a decent amount of gold for nice outfits. A lot of the starter items are VERY nice; when I joined it was just the peasant stuff and the starter items today look MUCH better. New users will be fine. It's the ones who've been around long who are doing all the complaining.

Wealthy Hoarder

Funny I haven't lost my spirits for the site. Many other gaian's I meet haven't lost their spirit for the site.

Of which if a person fells they "must" give Gaia their money in order to play than they need to rethink things and go off to read the TOS. You are not required in any form or fashion to support this website.

You're given the choice to.

Yet, these dying threads have been here since I was new to gaia. Keep in mind I am a 07 user.

If you really feel that Gaia is dying op than I implore you to find somewhere else. What ever that site is.

I wish the people who don't enjoy gaia would simply leave.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
iBalthier
The only gold making methods that may be effective even CLOSE to vending/exchanging atm would be fishing.

Bolders are going for millions a piece, so even if you're not great, you could still fish for the small/medium fish required for them and still make some bank

There are still problems with the new captcha system, it's taking long for people to correctly type out a captcha after their buckets are full, which is very annoying.

Eloquent Lunatic

The other thread was funnier.

Nerd

New Gaians must pay to play, obviously.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
([CandyKoRn])
New Gaians must pay to play, obviously.
except its free to post and autocash/gaia cash is optional. If you feel that you have to pay then thats a sign you should take a break.
I agree with " losing their spirits to continue playing"
So many of my friends have quit (recently, even those that I would have never imagined would quit)
Im preparing for a long hiatus myself.
I think Gaia would want to attract new players that would be willing to spend cash ; ~; and I feels like:
Screw the new players that won't spend cash,
(unless they suck it up or unless they dgaf about items)
It feels like gaia prefers a smaller, cash -buying userbase rather than
a big userbase with a bunch of freeloadersmajority of people not throwing money at the screen for shinies.

Prophet

Fishing can give a lot if you try, I haven't lost my spirit, I love this site to death but some of the business practices don't sit right with me..

Star

Zandykins
Well at this point, Gaia is mooching off the loyalty of their users as their prime source of profitable income. If the CEO/COO/marketing know anything, it's that Gaia is a gem for wracking up money because of how rare it is. 11+ years of value all being compensated by Gaia's bigwigs. That said, I really don't think Gaia could care about new users, the development of this site, or the future. A good analogy of Gaia is that they've struck oil. They'll make a lot of money now, but once the oil is gone, they'll move on to their 18+ site, and all of the pollution will make Gaia a wasteland.

So basically they're gonna become like IMVU.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff