Welcome to Gaia! ::

ROMVLVS

You're saying that I can't possibly know that Gaia is hurting, but honestly, How can you not?

When a business, a show, a store, etcetera begins to fail, they take drastic actions, it's called jumping the shark.

Gaia jumped the shark. You ******** watched it.

Sure, one or two morons asked for everything, there were people who wanted the halo released, but not in any significant numbers. There are people who will always want everything, and then they want it for free, on top of that.

You all saw Gaia jump the shark, the re-released the halo, they literally said 'we need money so bad, we're selling an item for $1,000, please, please buy it so we don't have to fire Reapersun.'

You honestly think they'd sell an item for that much if they didn't need to?

What's more sad, Gaia selling the Halo/their word as a business, or the people who shelled out $1,000 for it?

There's no excuse for spending a thousand dollars on pixels.. That's just wrong.. and sad..

Noob

User Image

its ok i screenshot this thread to show you in the next 2 years, when summer olympics arrive, when summer olympics pass and for the future that you have doubt yourself and became one of those unbeliever xp .

MA VIE EST D'ENVIRON FRAISE CRÈME DE PETIT GÂTEAU DE PÊCHE ET BEAUCOUP DE SOMMEIL
MA VIE EST D'ENVIRON FRAISE CRÈME DE PETIT GÂTEAU DE PÊCHE ET BEAUCOUP DE SOMMEIL
Kleopattra
ROMVLVS

You're saying that I can't possibly know that Gaia is hurting, but honestly, How can you not?

When a business, a show, a store, etcetera begins to fail, they take drastic actions, it's called jumping the shark.

Gaia jumped the shark. You ******** watched it.

Sure, one or two morons asked for everything, there were people who wanted the halo released, but not in any significant numbers. There are people who will always want everything, and then they want it for free, on top of that.

You all saw Gaia jump the shark, the re-released the halo, they literally said 'we need money so bad, we're selling an item for $1,000, please, please buy it so we don't have to fire Reapersun.'

You honestly think they'd sell an item for that much if they didn't need to?

What's more sad, Gaia selling the Halo/their word as a business, or the people who shelled out $1,000 for it?

There's no excuse for spending a thousand dollars on pixels.. That's just wrong.. and sad..
People spend over 1,000$ for things like Dinsey land and so on, what's the diffence? If it makes someone happy, it's their money they should be able to spend it how they want.

Unstoppable Krampus

Kleopattra

Then it's a good thing it doesn't affect you at all and no one's making you spend any money. 3nodding

User Image

Sparkly Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Megathread 100
It died for me... hmm.... I can't even pinpoint it. I used to be such a forum regular, then I was just bumping around questing, then an all-out lurker. Maybe it was the zOMG period, but not for the game itself since I love it but can't play with my internet speed.

Eventually I just stopped spending money. : When Gaia shuts down I don't think it'll be a "we can't afford it" situation, I think it'll be a "stop while we're on top" scheme. I'd miss my pixels.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

n o i r i s t

I agreed with everything you wrote! 3nodding It really does feel like we (the community) just sit around and wait for the next RIG to arrive, and repeat...

Honestly, if Gaia just stopped releasing items tomorrow and just updated with the manga, NPC storylines/interaction and events I would be satisfied! Comapred to other avatar based forum sites we really are spoiled for choice in regards to equippable items.....

ETA: Well tbh, I would prefer new items but maybe only once every 2-3 months so that there would be a build up like with the first EIs. It was so much fun to watch them evolve and speculate on what was coming next. REIs are just that for me - too rapid. whee

I think that's basically what's wrong with Gaia now.
Everything is instant gratification. : /
People have also learned to have less patience and basically
it's all "GIMME GIMME!" All the time.

But it's a shallow and quickly ending happiness that doesn't last
long enough for people to want to stay on Gaia. The only
reason I'm still on Gaia is because I have friends here and that's
where I can talk and art with them.

I used to want to go online on Gaia because I wanted to know
about the next MC Riddle and what people were speculating.
Excitement about upcoming events and how it would affect the community.
Or always watching out for the next installment of the EI Report.
(With the Hoarfrost Pass -- better storylines which is good to see)

: / So yeah. It's kind of sad where even the GCD is more content
discussing items than what's happening around Gaia anymore.

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
I keep having this love/hate relationship with gaia and while I don't participate in the events like I used to merely because they don't interest me like back in the day I will still be here and post occasionally. While a ton of my "so called" friends here don't talk to me anymore it's fine. I started out as a loner in this world of gaia and can continue on as a loner with rarely anyone to chat with anymore.

Witty Darling

10,750 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
I joined in 2007 and have always been a lurker... I can say that Gaia feels different to me, though I'm unsure if that's because I've matured, or because Gaia has.

It has felt a little less like a united community as of late. The latest events/plots haven't felt as "community gathering"... and I always thought things like events were what brought everyone together. Compare What The Fluff event to something like the original Frontier Skies or the Prom.(It could just be me though, so take what I say with a grain of salt!)

While I certainly hope Gaia isn't going anywhere, I do feel like it needs something to make us all interact more.

*hugs Gaia Online tightly*
I don't see how gaia is dying personally. Going to have to highly disagree on that one.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Just to note

We hit 20,000 users logged in today. It's currently 22,470

so no

this site is NOT dying. It's just that everybody is dispersed around doing... things...

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Slipping into a niche demographic? Yeah, probably.

Dying? Nah.

Tenacious Hellhound

Nyadriel
Just to note
We hit 20,000 users logged in today. It's currently 22,470

so no

this site is NOT dying. It's just that everybody is dispersed around doing... things...

True but perhaps we should consider the death of the soul.
Are gaians over all happy as things stand right now, should we be or not be concerned about some of our most beloved artists being fired?
What about this avalanche of new "zomgs" that keep getting catapulted and fall asunder in turn?

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
The userbase has gone down because of the dramatic decrease of bots yo. (Decrease started in 08; peaked 04 05 06 07)

(just pointin this out)

Magnetic Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
I'm not really sure if it's dying or not, I'm not around as much (anymore) to really know what's happening...

But as someone who's been in and out of gaia, I'd say it's a little uhm. In a standstill I suppose? It's been around for quite some time, and from what I see its growth is a little slow... Well, in my opinion anyways. Then again I wouldn't know much about what's going on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff