Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
...so we're going into IMVU and Second Life territory...? eek

...those name choices are horrible. >_< ..also, you 'could' just add age-locked parts into this site so only those of a certain age may go past that point.

I'm thinking some of the folks that have left or wanting to leave/not very active are those that are also looking for more adult-oriented role playing and feeling RP is neutered as is. I've seen a few that have lost interest in the site because of their guilds for that stuff was removed though the people themselves were being very mature about the content.

Special Snowflake

Dota-chan

...those name choices are horrible. >_< ..also, you 'could' just add age-locked parts into this site so only those of a certain age may go past that point.

I'm thinking some of the folks that have left or wanting to leave/not very active are those that are also looking for more adult-oriented role playing and feeling RP is neutered as is. I've seen a few that have lost interest in the site because of their guilds for that stuff was removed though the people themselves were being very mature about the content.
I tried IMVU, and I really, really tried to like it but it was so awful I quit on the second day and uninstalled it from my computer! xd

I only hope Gaia doesn't go down the same route sweatdrop

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Dota-chan

I tried IMVU, and I really, really tried to like it but it was so awful I quit on the second day and uninstalled it from my computer! xd

I only hope Gaia doesn't go down the same route sweatdrop

I've never tried it or Second Life. x_x I know some folks that do use those sites and I just.....nah. Naaaaaah. Nuh-uh.

Special Snowflake

Dota-chan

I've never tried it or Second Life. x_x I know some folks that do use those sites and I just.....nah. Naaaaaah. Nuh-uh.
If you're ever tempted- don't , just don't sweatdrop It's so frustrating it's unreal. Second life I've never tried, mainly because I don't want to come home to relax, only to have to work another "job" online instead - ha ha ha.

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Dota-chan

If you're ever tempted- don't , just don't sweatdrop It's so frustrating it's unreal. Second life I've never tried, mainly because I don't want to come home to relax, only to have to work another "job" online instead - ha ha ha.

I'm just terrified of bumping into anyone that is from that "adult" part of Second Life. It thrives quite well especially since you can...uh...do a lot of sex stuff.... x_x

I'm seriously tempted to try to make my case about this "18+" site and why some folks I know have left Gaia or just can't seem to find a want or reason to do anything here. Quite a few people that come to mind were role players that couldn't stand being so restricted in their learning to write and think. I've gotten to a point in my writing where I'm too worried about trying to RP on this site because I've sort of...evolved...with my writing and feel more ready to try different things. Being afraid to write really sucks. >.< I just lurk the site now for the most part. Even trying to attempt to RP just has me worried I'm too "mature" in my writing or it may cause a fuss. ..there aren't a lot of places one can call home and feel safe in the fact that you aren't treated like a criminal or possible criminal because you want to be brave and try branching out to get a better sight of things outside your little world.

Special Snowflake

Dota-chan

I'm just terrified of bumping into anyone that is from that "adult" part of Second Life. It thrives quite well especially since you can...uh...do a lot of sex stuff.... x_x

I'm seriously tempted to try to make my case about this "18+" site and why some folks I know have left Gaia or just can't seem to find a want or reason to do anything here. Quite a few people that come to mind were role players that couldn't stand being so restricted in their learning to write and think. I've gotten to a point in my writing where I'm too worried about trying to RP on this site because I've sort of...evolved...with my writing and feel more ready to try different things. Being afraid to write really sucks. >.< I just lurk the site now for the most part. Even trying to attempt to RP just has me worried I'm too "mature" in my writing or it may cause a fuss. ..there aren't a lot of places one can call home and feel safe in the fact that you aren't treated like a criminal or possible criminal because you want to be brave and try branching out to get a better sight of things outside your little world.
Yes, running into someone from that side would be pretty confused

I agree with a lot of previous comments that we could just have a locked off branch for older people, like Heaven or Verge. I think it's much harder to find good RP'ers nowadays (compared with years ago) just because of the sheer numbers of users. The RP area in general could do with some better way of organising things so you can find your ideal partners... Even just splitting the forum into genres or various levels would be helpful for some.

Divine Cleric

27,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Yes, running into someone from that side would be pretty confused

I agree with a lot of previous comments that we could just have a locked off branch for older people, like Heaven or Verge. I think it's much harder to find good RP'ers nowadays (compared with years ago) just because of the sheer numbers of users. The RP area in general could do with some better way of organising things so you can find your ideal partners... Even just splitting the forum into genres or various levels would be helpful for some.

I'll see if I can drum up some interest on my end to see if I can have some help from some of them and get a thread going in Site Feedback. ...this seems to be an issue that's being ignored too long.

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
If they did make an 18+ website, I'd just hope to be able to use all my stuff from this website. Or there was a completely new avatar system surprised

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
I dunno but....

Even if they do make a 18+ Site and I AM the age of 26....

I don't think I would actually go there. sweatdrop

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Atrapenna
Kitt Koneko
tentacl.com

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

I've seen almost no hentai and I still thought that (and laughed)

The thing is, a misspelling of a domain name that is already taken seems to just ask for confusion.
tentacle.com is "3D Animation, Graphics & Design for Video & the Web"

Same for imagine.me if folks forget and default to http://imagine.com/. "Imagine.com is a Network Architecture and Engineering consulting firm. "

But mostly it seems like it would be hard to sell shiny pixels to adults so I'm wondering how the cash flow would be structured. Maybe it will be a subscription based site. There are lots of adults on Gaia. I'm one but I don't squee over every new shiny they toss out. Though possibly it would amuse me to look at people's tentacles. haha!

Time-traveling Loser

David2074
Atrapenna
Kitt Koneko
tentacl.com

The thing is, a misspelling of a domain name that is already taken seems to just ask for confusion.

Same for imagine.me if folks forget and default to http://imagine.com/. "Imagine.com is a Network Architecture and Engineering consulting firm. "

But mostly it seems like it would be hard to sell shiny pixels to adults so I'm wondering how the cash flow would be structured. Maybe it will be a subscription based site. There are lots of adults on Gaia. I'm one but I don't squee over every new shiny they toss out. Though possibly it would amuse me to look at people's tentacles. haha!

i dunno, technically im an "adult" and i buy shiny pixels lol, bnut the same as you i dont squee over everything they release, cause bills and food and such.
More shirt possibilities i guess if tentacles differnt length and colored sleeves all around lol. arm warmers for each tentacle maybe, lol
chattr.com made me think of tumblr emotion_awesome
But I honestly don't care about any spinoff projects.
I mean, we have already seen how their projects end.
So, I'd not waste any money or time into that.
I recall Lanzer saying in a recent ata the reason he chose Gaia as this site's name was he wanted to create a world that had roots in Greek mythology. So I say they shoudl follow the same trend. Make the next website midgardonline or something like that. 3nodding

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Atrapenna
David2074
Atrapenna
Kitt Koneko
tentacl.com

i dunno, technically im an "adult" and i buy shiny pixels lol, bnut the same as you i dont squee over everything they release, cause bills and food and such.
More shirt possibilities i guess if tentacles differnt length and colored sleeves all around lol. arm warmers for each tentacle maybe, lol

Well, me too. I've been 'technically and adult' for decades now. smile And I do like some of the items on Gaia and over time I have spent about $250 on GC. Much of that went to fish and second would be MCs I guess. Often not wowed by MCs but used to buy them to help support the site.

But Gaia seems to have a bad habit of creating something out of pixels, positioning it as a 'rare' and then expecting folks to be willing to pay big money for it because it is rare. And many of them do. I was amazed they recently priced the halo at $1,000 USD and more amazed that from what I hear some people bought one. If they flooded the site with cheap or free halos first there would be a b***h fest and then a bit later hardly anyone would want one because they were common. The more someone matures the less they fall for that mentality unless they have a lot of disposable income.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff