Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Consumer

Raven of the Darkened Sky
I joined in December of '06. I had a ton of friends from school on here, but as the years went by we all parted ways. I stayed, and I still enjoy the site from time to time. But now it isn't nearly as fun. I don't like how the cash shops gets the best of items. I don't like how the market has changed (Gwee is now 30k at best when it took FOREVER to get 100k to buy it... I kept it for what?) especially with the MC's being kind of.... well.... lame in comparison to what money can buy. I don't have the money to do it nor would I want to. The events are completely different and less focused on games and fun and more on trying to get everyone in the forums. I stay on I guess for the nostalgia, but really it is not the same. sad

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me. I held onto my Gwee thinking it would become the next Kiki Kitty. Maybe itll have a comeback....

I started my first Gaia account back in 04 and was heavily involved in the Zurg Hive, this account was actually my mule. I often disappear for months on end (thats what university does to you) but I never really completely vanish.

Retro Punk

since O' Eight.

Masterful Misfit

22,975 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
I'd answer the questions but to be honest I don't remember all the answers. And I noticed on the first page most of them were all answered anyway. So no point really.

But I've been here since 2003.

Gaia is always changing. Or more so adding new things to try and keep member interest. At it's core it's still a forum based site with spiffy avatars, which is what keeps me around. Even if I take a long hiatus every now and then, I always come back eventually.

Magic Hobo

I remember, but nostalgia is dull. I've been here since 2004, and I could care less how much of Gaia's history anybody else remembers. What matters is what they do with the future.

dusterix's Partner

Invisible Dragon

I've been here since 07 but I missed most of the major events since I was in school :s. but I do know what you're talking about since I hated missing those events. Most of friends don't go on anymore so it's hard to stay for long periods of time. I remember the number of players online would reach in the millions. It's kind of sad how few people play now.

Playful Phantom

Quilles-
Raven of the Darkened Sky
I joined in December of '06. I had a ton of friends from school on here, but as the years went by we all parted ways. I stayed, and I still enjoy the site from time to time. But now it isn't nearly as fun. I don't like how the cash shops gets the best of items. I don't like how the market has changed (Gwee is now 30k at best when it took FOREVER to get 100k to buy it... I kept it for what?) especially with the MC's being kind of.... well.... lame in comparison to what money can buy. I don't have the money to do it nor would I want to. The events are completely different and less focused on games and fun and more on trying to get everyone in the forums. I stay on I guess for the nostalgia, but really it is not the same. sad

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me. I held onto my Gwee thinking it would become the next Kiki Kitty. Maybe itll have a comeback....

I started my first Gaia account back in 04 and was heavily involved in the Zurg Hive, this account was actually my mule. I often disappear for months on end (thats what university does to you) but I never really completely vanish.

Perhaps it could but I am impatient. XD

Indeed it does!! Ah well.
I've been around on a bunch of different account since 03 or 04. I don't remember any of that stuff, though.

Beloved Perfectionist

Name a Zurg other than Flarn. Mother (creator of the energy drink)

What was the key item that Gaian Resistance members wore, and how was this item obtained?
i want to say it was the rebellion face mask

What was the name of the 3-part Gaia Movie starring Louis, Edmund, and Moira?
i try to block that part out.... MMVll
User Image
What was Ian's original hair colour? blond... i miss it

Name the bank teller! MEREDITH... no one remembers her like ever

Bonus Points: how did your average Gaian interact with the Zurg during the long-term event they were involved in?
gaia towns, also the ufo's seem to have been drawn to groups of gaians sitting in triangles, and the plots that had the number 19 in them. mainly 1919.

MY TURN POSTER MAN. and my quiz is much harder

1. who sold a never-ending supply of the vial of mysterious liquid in the marketplace?

2. which 2 npcs were romantically involved enough to have a child?

3. how did gino snap out of his amnesia?

4. what was the first evolving item?

5. why did gino come back with super powers?

NOUS QUESTION. how many elftechs are there and which one died?

Beloved Bunny

15,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
'05. I was like 9 years old when I started though, so I had a noobish name and my writing was terrible and I almost never knew what was going on.

Good times.

Of course Gaia has changed a lot. To be honest, it doesn't affect me that much because I wasn't THAT attached to this site, and I've seen worse. I used to play an old Zelda-based game called Graal, it was highly enjoyable purely because of friends and different servers that did different things. Then all of a sudden subscriptions were a lot more expensive, and their trial system was completely different -- you couldn't customize your look that much and could only play for 5 hours a month.

I still visit it sometimes, and it's sad to see how small it's gotten. At least Gaia isn't THAT bad, just not as nostalgia-inducing as you remember.
I just for back after not being on for 3 years, just to check everything out. It's definitely a culture shock. I started on here as anime12 (so it's been almost 10 years since I joined), and my name and whatnot have changed many times. I wasn't ever part of the larger guilds, but I was actively participating every day for hours over at least the first 3 years! Then my time dwindled until I completely stopped in 2010. So many memories on here, though. I doubt anyone remembers me, but it's whatever. I used to love this place; it was like my second home.
YEAH. REVOT BROKE UP INTO ABOUT 50 ACCOUNTS. BUT REVOT WAS INVOLVED WITH THE BELIEVERS. LET'S SEE, WASN'T 02 "BOING" OR SOMETHING? I REMEMBER... WHO WAS THE ZURG IN THE BLACK COAT? 11? ANYWAY, EXCUSE MY SHOTTY MEMORY. BUT YEAH, I LEFT GAIA ON HIATUS FOR ABOUT 4-5 YEARS, POST SELL-OUT. OF COURSE, I WAS NEVER MAD AT GAIA, I KNEW THEY NEEDED THE MONEY.

BUT I NEVER FORGAVE EVERYONE ELSE FOR HATING THE ZURG EVENT.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff