Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

05'er here...

I didn't enjoy the Zurg event, to be honest, so I don't remember much about it aside from the two drinks hiding in my storage full of event grants...

I can remember when the biggest change Gaia was making was the repeated (and widely complained about) site layout changes. When Nitemare scarves were around 130k, which was unobtainable...and Gaia Cash was non-existent. At the time I was in the Exchange full time, but I've lost interest as the old exchangers left and the non-barterers moved in.

I remember the Zurg event, but I didn't really enjoy it too much.

At the time (and still) my favorite events are the Easter events. emotion_kirakira

Magnetic Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
Haha I've been around only for about 5 years or so. That was such a long time ago... And I didn't do any of these guild things or whatnot. I used to hang out here for friends--we had so much fun going around towns and just sitting down chatting for hours on end.

Promaggeddon (did I spell that right?) was one of our favorite events together, too. Now that I think of it, Gaia doesn't really have events like that anymore... Do they? I honestly don't know. I'm not around as much anymore to really tell.

Interstellar Explorer

I joined in 2009 February so I can tell only a few things, mostly learned from old mangas and pictures, I know much less about the events before 2009.
I really loved some events in 2009/2010 (but I like all events in general).
My most favourites were Promageddon, Frontier Skies, SIN vs BOO Halloween, Rejected Olympics 2k12.
Aliens... Mother. And those I saw in the comics (02, 09, 11).
Ian was blonde.
The videos were called MVII and they finished the plot of the chapters Convergence, Damian and Gun Show (found the videos later, don't remember how).
The bank NPC was Meredith. I know she didn't run the bank in 2009 anymore but I found some old pictures of her in an old thread.
Like these (if you click them, you see the full ones):
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rayelon's Kouhai

Beloved Junior

'06er here! uwu
It really doesn't feel like it's been that long, hot damn...
Since we're all taking a trip hand in hand down memory lane, I guess I'll share a bit too!
I remember not understanding Gaia's stocks at all, and I was really excited to get the Momo Monkey the day it came out. But it was like... at least 20k. Either way, it was a big accomplishment for me.
lol
I also remember running around towns, chasing the UFO with a big group of random people! Im still not sure if that was a 'hacker' or an actual event though...
emotion_donotwant
I had a lot of memories in towns, really.
Going into a topic and seeing hundreds of frozen avatars (like so), or suddenly there's water guns flying across the corners of the area.
Ahhh, I loved the scripters. Even if they were doing bad things, it was pretty funny.

But really, I feel like Gaia is a lot more... distant with it's users now. Back in the day, the events were small, fit with the plot in a logical way, and weren't that hard to understand. They'd hand out cute little items on small holidays, and we had the comics!
Now it's all very... confusing? Suddenly there's grunnies and fluffs and allllll these people from the zomg universe and war and just SO MUCH that it doesn't make sense anymore!
Not to mention that I'm still peeved over the summer event. What happened to town vs. town? Last year's was fantastic! Cute games, cute teamwork, cute forums. This year it was just 'eh fluffs' and half of the things were broken!

Well, now i'm just ranting, but to put it simply, I don't feel at home with Gaia like I used to. They're like that childhood best friend that grew up a little too fast, and now they're trying to fit in with their 'cool new friends'.
emo

(long post is very long)

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I know the answer to the movie question but I don't
remember the name, lmao.

I'm from 08. Originally from 05 but didn't give a crap
about the site then. And I was never one to really care
about the 'plots' and such of the NPCs. But still I support
the site and enjoy it. So my lack of actual Gaia knowledge
doesn't really bother me. xd

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Party Explorer

Remember when it was go-gaia.com?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Ah. the good OLD days back in 7th grade.

emotion_puke

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I've been here since very late 2004, but I can't answer any of those questions because I didn't really start becoming involved until summer 2007 when they had the big water event between the four towns. Before that, all I did was log in occasionally and try to earn enough gold to dress my avvie (and then going poor again after buying one item LOL).

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

Slick Southpaw
Those watermeats, man! crying heart I was part of the watermeat guild for the longest time because they were so weirdly cute and adorable

I fell in love with watermeats too. They're still so cute but I dont carry one around with my avi. Sometimes I think it would be fun to do again, like just recreate an old avi of mine. I looked so nooby but somehow I looked cute. lol

Questionable Phantom

The fact the people still state how much Gaia has changed shows how little it's actually changed
I can hardly remember anything from the old days but I've left a couple of times and just recently came back a couple of days ago. Things sure have changed in the year I've been gone. The good old times are gone.

Aged Gaian

5,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Full closet 200
I have been here since 04 and I don't really know any of the answers to the questions. I have been off for two years and came back yesterday, Gaia has change a bit since then.

Aged Gaian

5,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Full closet 200
kittenswithRIBBONS
Anyone?
Anyone?

emotion_puke
Oh my gosh...I remember that! And the most costly thing in the store were the fairy wing at 40,000 gold. If you had those then you were rich. lol

Fashionable Flatterer

7,700 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
kittenswithRIBBONS
Anyone?
Anyone?

emotion_puke

I was beginning to wonder when someone would bring up the Go-Gaia thing razz
User Image It was a major shock to the system for us all when the website switched from Go-Gaia to Gaia Online.
I vaguely remember the old events, but it's all hazy as I've been away for the past eight or so years.

Remember when the website would go mental during high loads and the graphics would bug out?
User Image

I can't believe I still have that image...
On a side note, do the Sushi database errors ever surface these days?
ninja I miss those.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces