Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, allow me a quick preface; I was once a frequenter of this site. I was on here every day, all day, for hours on end. I posted, I played, I lived Gaia. No one will remember me, but hey! That's life. I was a frequent participant in many of the big story events, and was a member of many guilds like the Gaian Resistance and the GIB.

Anyway, I had a blast of nostalgia hit me and I wondered... what has happened to this place? I know there's the usual talk of 'Gaia Selling Out' but believe me kids, that was the talk way back when. I remember a day before Gaia Cash. Old times indeed.

So, I am curious. I'm curious to see just how long you people have been here. To gauge the longevity of the average Gaian. Trivia!

Name a Zurg other than Flarn.

What was the key item that Gaian Resistance members wore, and how was this item obtained?

What was the name of the 3-part Gaia Movie starring Louis, Edmund, and Moira?

What was Ian's original hair colour?

Name the bank teller!

Bonus Points: how did your average Gaian interact with the Zurg during the long-term event they were involved in?

Just curious. I don't expect this to gain any attention.

Millionaire

I remember! Oldie 05er here. Back when Gaia had 30k users a day it didn't need Gaia Cash to fuel the servers the community supported it
Remember how FLOODED this place used to be?

Do you know if Klim is still around?

Benevolent Smoker

I joined back in 2006 on a different account. I never payed attention to the story stuff, but I do remember when 1mil was a huge freaking deal. I also remember getting 10k back then was a nightmare for me. On how times have changed. lol

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Those watermeats, man! crying heart I was part of the watermeat guild for the longest time because they were so weirdly cute and adorable

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Not fair, I've been here since 04 and I don't remember any of the zurg names lol. I hoarded those rebellion masks tho, there was nothing like it at the time..I wanted to sell them later. ninja
J Lone Wolf
Not fair, I've been here since 04 and I don't remember any of the zurg names lol. I hoarded those rebellion masks tho, there was nothing like it at the time..I wanted to sell them later. ninja

I actually remember your name for some reason.

And god, WATERMEATS. For some reason, I can't find mine. Or my Grunny.

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Virellius Corvinus
J Lone Wolf

I actually remember your name for some reason.

And god, WATERMEATS. For some reason, I can't find mine. Or my Grunny.

I show up now and then.

watermeat lol, the most successful fail ever.
Ugh I can't decide on an outfit. I have too many stupid old items and too many nostalgic suits I'd wear for different things. I really took this place too seriously.

Feral Sailor

10,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Hey OP, I do believe I recognize you from my old days as an active GCDer, before the hiatuses and the lurking began to take place.

Your quiz takes me back--- and ho boy, am I somewhat ashamed to say I don't remember the answers to ANY of your well thought out questions!
Nonetheless, memories.... sweet memories.

Gaia has indeed changed, but that's to be expected. Nothing gold can stay.
There's still that same old charm though.
And really when you think about it, people have been complaining about the same things for yeaaaars. Gaia has been "selling out" since it opened! lol!

Tipsy Bard

17,025 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • That One Hero 500
  • Dressed Up 200
Name a Zurg other than Flarn: 09? I wasn't here for this event. Or, I might have been offline during it all.

What was the key item that Gaian Resistance members wore, and how was this item obtained?: s**t, dunno.

What was the name of the 3-part Gaia Movie starring Louis, Edmund, and Moira: I don't know either.

What was Ian's original hair colour: Yellow!

Name the bank teller: Oh fffs. Meridith??

Bonus Points: how did your average Gaian interact with the Zurg during the long-term event they were involved in? FFFS I DUNNO.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

Hahahaha White Eclipse? dramallama I am not an oldbie but I found out about it... it's just... The best.
Oldies deserve their credit for sticking around so long and reveling in the days of yore is all fine and dandy but I find it discomforting when they flaunt their age or try to exclude newer members, not that I'm accusing anyone, I have just seen it occur. If Gaia had more users joining it might be in less of a financial predicament. The newbies are the future, so to speak...

If change is helping to keep this site afloat (I hope it is) then I am ok with it.

Supernatural Cupcake

Virellius Corvinus
So, allow me a quick preface; I was once a frequenter of this site. I was on here every day, all day, for hours on end. I posted, I played, I lived Gaia. No one will remember me, but hey! That's life. I was a frequent participant in many of the big story events, and was a member of many guilds like the Gaian Resistance and the GIB.

Anyway, I had a blast of nostalgia hit me and I wondered... what has happened to this place? I know there's the usual talk of 'Gaia Selling Out' but believe me kids, that was the talk way back when. I remember a day before Gaia Cash. Old times indeed.

So, I am curious. I'm curious to see just how long you people have been here. To gauge the longevity of the average Gaian. Trivia!

Name a Zurg other than Flarn.

What was the key item that Gaian Resistance members wore, and how was this item obtained?

What was the name of the 3-part Gaia Movie starring Louis, Edmund, and Moira?

What was Ian's original hair colour?

Name the bank teller!

Bonus Points: how did your average Gaian interact with the Zurg during the long-term event they were involved in?

Just curious. I don't expect this to gain any attention.

-I've been here since 2007 so I missed the Zurg event.
-When was the resistance event? I can't remember.
-I've watched the three part movie, I just can't remember the name ( I'm really bad with names)
-Ian's hair color was originally blonde.
-Wasn't the bank teller Flynn. She had redish pink hair and glasses. She ran the gaia cash shop originally.
NARF!rebellionfacemaskthroughsomesortofgrantintheufoforumsMMVIIbrunblondemeredithPOSTING IN CAPS ALOT IN TOWNSQUARES

butyeah
it's changed
pretty consistently for the better for some time imo
I've gotta say it's been awhile since I wasn't so sure

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
-Blarg, Narf, Zownd, Zoit (sunshine), Boing, Zooeep, Glarg, Woing, Flarn, Omph, Bobo, and Mother, in that order.
-Resistance mask
-MMVII
-Blonde, and he was suppose to be Liams brother too but they changed that in '07 to introduce vampires to the site.
-Meredith

I present a counter challenge to you Mr. Smartypants:

-Who hosted the first Gaia Easter
-Who did the Easter Bunnies original gang consist of?
-Name a labtech other than 101.
-How many Elftechs died trying to fix Santa when Jack killed him?
-What was the name of the very first Grunny?
-And how many stages of Grombie are there?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff