Welcome to Gaia! ::

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
the art makes me think so much of Odin sphere

i reeeeeeally just hope that it is a game that you can just play and wont be set up like a facebook game, but since apparently its going to facebook, it probably will

i effin' hate having limited energy that takes hours to refill.
I'm going to not play the game before i'm going to spend real money on it unless the real money deal is like a one time thing to get me unlimited.

Tipsy Grabber

Oh look - Gaia has a new shiny to play with and then neglect after a bit.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Hell_Tutor
Hi-Potion
Hell_Tutor
Hi-Potion
Horizon Knight just rose to 1 mil xD

If I hadn't bought two of them last month I would be soooooooooooo mad right now.
It's a great pie of armour, over all it's a great set with a sword to match and now BAM.
I could only use the helmet, the rest looks so bad female avies xD

Yes, it's a bit bulky I guess.
I actually tried making some female avatars on tektek and the results weren't so bad.
I just see most armours as being aimed at the guys more, which isnt so bad, considering that ladies/people with lady avatars get so many variant kinds of clothing xD
Plus, we also have the Ciels ;D

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
It can be played entirely on Gaia (and in fact playing on Gaia may be better for you, as it will give you some way to earn gold).

There is not an energy mechanic -- you can play as much as you want.

It's definitely free-to-play. We're trying to be reasonable about monetization (that is, the game will be eminently playable even if you don't spend cash).

demonduck
the art makes me think so much of Odin sphere

i reeeeeeally just hope that it is a game that you can just play and wont be set up like a facebook game, but since apparently its going to facebook, it probably will

i effin' hate having limited energy that takes hours to refill.
I'm going to not play the game before i'm going to spend real money on it unless the real money deal is like a one time thing to get me unlimited.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The game play is significantly more complex than Soul Crash / Monster Galaxy. The trailer doesn't give the full sense of it.

As in, astoundingly many variables to control, if you want to concern yourself. We wanted to do a game where you could talk about strategy, and good play can make a difference.

B u n n i B u m s
It looks ok from the trailer, i just hope it isn't like Soul Crash and you can actually DO something, rather than click three buttons. :/

I dunno. I can't really judge it, considering it hasn't even been released yet. But I'd oughta be been than zOMG to make the dump worth it.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Confirming various points in your message:

- the game will go through two rounds of beta on Gaia: closed beta (this is about 400 people) and open beta (open to everyone on Gaia).
- we do plan to have some way of granting gold if you play the game

Yuki Shimizu
Okay, here are some of the details I have about HOC. Gaia made an earlier statement that there may be earnable Gold in the game depending if they have the time. This suggest it will be on Gaia and the trailer suggest Gaia made HOC in the first place. Gaia may be making one on Facebook themselves but this is unconfirmed. Further, since Gaia originally stated that some, not all, Gaians will be allowed to test the game from two different game plays, not everyone on Gaia will be able to test the game. I've been paying attention to the announcements about HOC so if you have questions, I might be able to answer them. PM me if you do. What I don't know I'll attempt to do research on and might ask a friend of mine for information.

Heroic Hero

16,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
Panagrammic
The game play is significantly more complex than Soul Crash / Monster Galaxy. The trailer doesn't give the full sense of it.

As in, astoundingly many variables to control, if you want to concern yourself. We wanted to do a game where you could talk about strategy, and good play can make a difference.

B u n n i B u m s
It looks ok from the trailer, i just hope it isn't like Soul Crash and you can actually DO something, rather than click three buttons. :/

I dunno. I can't really judge it, considering it hasn't even been released yet. But I'd oughta be been than zOMG to make the dump worth it.
Then is it like...Might and Magic? Or like Final Fantasy? :u

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
It's a different art base and doesn't have an avatar system per se.

When you play, you'll be able to see your headshot / that of your opponent, but your avatar won't be in the middle of battle. It's similar to the approach in the Viximo games.

M6
I'm a little confused. Is this game launching an entirely separate character system, or will it be tied to our current Gaia avatars somehow? I'm all for a revamped MMORPG but the cynic in me hopes they aren't trying to sell a new, likely Cash Shop-funded avatar paradigm to us. I guess time will tell how popular this game becomes.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I can promise that none of our advertisements for this game will have the word "orgy."

The Undead Suitor
It looks like one of those really shitty facebook games made by the skeevy company that pumps out about 5 a month.

like, those really awful ones on the sidebar advertisements.

like..the ones with "Join a roman orgy" titled on it, with the shitty concept art of Athena.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
No, not a separate character system, at least not with respect to avatar. You do collect different soldiers as you play, and those are available for you to use in your army.

This isn't an MMO, and while there be some overlap between people that enjoy zOMG and people that enjoy this game, it's nonetheless a very different game experience.

M6
I'm a little confused. Is this game launching an entirely separate character system, or will it be tied to our current Gaia avatars somehow? I'm all for a revamped MMORPG but the cynic in me hopes they aren't trying to sell a new, likely Cash Shop-funded avatar paradigm to us. I guess time will tell how popular this game becomes.

Devoted Vegetarian

tyvm pana for your clarifications c:

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Panagrammic
I can promise that none of our advertisements for this game will have the word "orgy."

The Undead Suitor
It looks like one of those really shitty facebook games made by the skeevy company that pumps out about 5 a month.

like, those really awful ones on the sidebar advertisements.

like..the ones with "Join a roman orgy" titled on it, with the shitty concept art of Athena.

Well now I'm never playing then dramallama

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Signed up and looking forward to it

Benevolent Healer

28,925 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Healer 50
Definitely looks interesting, be looking forward to giving it a try.
emo looks epic i'm definetly gonna try it >:3 cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces