Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sure, a lot of people come to Gaia for fun, conversational insight, a distraction, etcetc.

But being a site fundamentally built on interaction between people, it can't always be a perfect Utopia. Sooner or later you may find yourself face palming, rage quitting, or headdesking.

So Gaians, what do you do when something on Gaia starts getting under your skin?

What kind of things are most prone or most common to causing stress, in your Gaia life?

How do you deal with it?

Edit: People are taking the title a bit too literal. This isn't confined to direct confrontations. It can be anything that might "get under your skin", such as bad spelling, avi copiers, photo spam, undercutters, major changes to site layout.. the list of potential irritants goes on and on, which is why it is unique to each person.

tldr: What are your Gaia pet peeves, and how do you handle them

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
koolknight is always involved in drama

koolknight is apparently drama

why must all hate me? crying crying crying

ANYWHO... i deal with drama by ranting about it... in a jenna marbles kind of way.. smile

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I just go away from it. Take refuge somewhere else, so to speak, ignore the lot. I can't be bothered to stress out over things on the internet anymore. xP
I've never come across any drama on Gaia, actually. Perhaps it's because I don't go to the parts of the forum where people bicker and I'm not one to bother myself with trolls.
Incompetent crew members. Usually I'll try and help them out at first, but if they prove to be not following well I'll kick/leave the crew. Sometimes Though, I just won't be in the mood and leave straight up.

Aged Fox

I've given up on the whole drama on Gaia thing. Now I just throw the individual pain in my neck on my ignore list and just head on over somewhere else to do more important things. I figure that I have enough stress in my everyday life without having it here on Gaia too.

Leaf

I'm always involved with drama I just can't stand the way most people live there lives their opinions or the way they treat others some user supposedly "ended" me and is calling me a monkey http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/done-the-prayer/24060527/

Demonic Citizen

User Image

I think the last time I had actual real drama on Gaia was two years ago where someone decided to take their little lackeys and send hate PMs to me constantly when I started ignoring their threats on deviantart, which was easily avoided by the magical block button.
Most of the time nowdays I only get stressed with petty things. Mostly involving the marketplace. I usually convince myself its not worth getting stressed over and quickly move on to other things.

User Image

azphyxxxiate's Girlfriend

Spoopy Bat

I just walk away if at all possible. I seem to frequently end up in overly dramatic crews in DMS: from higher levels that for some reason don't know what they're doing, people yelling at lower levels because they're dying faster/more often, making up arbitrary rules or that douche that keeps whining we're all wasting his time while we wait for someone because his time is super valuable and we're being rude. stare Rage-inducing as some of their drama can get, I just take the first polite opportunity to leave (which with crap crews happens quite often as they will daze and they will not have revives XD) and remind myself never to crew with the offenders again. And that's the closest I ever really come to drama involving me directly. Instead I usually find myself comforting a friend during or after some major drama they've had but I still don't get myself involved in it.

Shy Gaian

If I post in a really hot topic that is on a touchy subject, I won't read what someone says to reply to me. I avoid it for the fact that I'll be sure to get pissed and attack back.
I don't really post in the GD anymore because people were attacking each other. Now, I never got attack but I didn't like seeing others getting flamed or trolled.

Angelic Nitemare

koolknight

ANYWHO... i deal with drama by ranting about it... in a jenna marbles kind of way.. smile
Dude, you have a whole chat thread on another website dedicated to bitching about you.-lol-

Just saying.

Fashionable Vampire

I have drama mainly due to my hook-up last October.
Users come up to not only myself but my SO, harassing us for being together.

End of story.
stare

Starrii's Wife

IRL Bunny

14,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
its like a game
treat it with seriousness when its fun
disregard it when it is not

exchanger gossip is a pile of hilarity, but no use in getting people to hate me

i cannot say i really dislike anyone on this site any more

although drama with certain people can be... what some may call the end of you lol ninja

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Ridley Starsmore
koolknight

Dude, you have a whole chat thread on another website dedicated to bitching about you.-lol-

Just saying.
wait i do? i want to see PLZ LINK ME xD

Nerd

I almost never get into drama, if a person is bordering me I just stop reading their posts and replying their quotes. And in threads I often let people hang cause I just know the argument won't go anywhere.

You just get into drama if you want to (or if the person is a stalker)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff