Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Gaian

Gaia Community Discussion Forum Etiquette

I've been in this forum since the day it has been created, from that day forward I've noticed a lot of elitism and rudeness spring up from regulars of the forum. So I decided to create this thread, to show everyone how to act in this forum. Please feel free to PM me with more information, I'd love to add it.

Clean Gaian

What to do if?

1. If someone makes a thread in this forum that does not pertain to the overall forum guidelines, please politely state that said thread is against forum rules and then submit a thread report which can be located at the bottom of the page.

2. If someone begins to spam a thread with bumps and/or flames, once again politely tell them that said action is unneccesary, and then if it continues, begin to report their posts.

3. If someone asks for gold/items out of the blue, please politely inform them that said action is frowned upon and can result in moderator action.

If anyone thinks of any others, please PM me so.

Clean Gaian

Tired of spam threads?

1. If someone posts a roleplaying thread, marketplace thread, discussion that doesn't pertain to Gaia thread, or something else that does not pertain to Gaia, all one must do is simply submit a thread report (located at bottom of page) stating that said thread is spam and request to have it moved.

2. If someone repeatedly does the some thing that is against Gaia Community Discussion Guidelines, politely inform them that said action is against the guidelines and ask them nicely to take it somewhere else.

3. Do not under any circumstances begin to flame, cuss, insult, or use any deragatory slang at the offender, it will only make it worse for you.

Clean Gaian

What to post, and what not to post.

Billious
Thread Creation Guideline

GCD is an open forum that welcomes a wide range of discussions on all aspects of the site.

To help you get started, here are some examples of the kinds of discussion and chit chat you might find here. But remember, they're just examples. By no means is this a definitive list of the kinds of topics that might come up, so have fun and use your imagination. ^_^

The Future of Gaia?

Guessing is always fun, and what better place than the GCD to guess about the future of Gaia. From future donation items and events to the wacky adventures of Gaia's NPC's, this is definitely the place!

Community Chit-Chat

This might include things like discussion of community development, trends you've noticed in your favorite forum, user relations, and even site policy changes.

Those are types of threads that would be welcome in the GCD, please feel free to make one.

Billious
While you're free to discuss any aspect of the site you can think of here, there are a few kinds of threads that might be better off in other forums.

Pure Spam threads

For these threads, such as bump for gold, please use the Chatterbox.

Feedback threads

If you wish for the moderators and admins of the site to see your imput on the site changes and development, you would be better off posting in the Site Feedback Forum.

Help needed threads

This forum is for the discussion of the Gaia community and all related things, but it is probably not the best place to get help with that community. If you are having problems with the site and need some help, or need to report a glitch, try the Questions and Assistance forum

Threads concerning Avatars

Also, remember that we have a subforum called Avatar Talk. If you'd like to have your avatar rated, talk with other users about the latest fashions, or chat with other users about avatars, that's the place to go!

Threads concerning Housing

Most threads having to do with Gaia Housing (such as rate my house or housing design discussions) should be placed in the Gaia Housing Forum

Those are big "no nos" for this forum, please refrain from posting them.

Clean Gaian

So what are the guidelines?

Yuzi_K
General Posting Guidelines

Site Wide Guidelines

All of Gaia's forums are subject to the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines

If you are not already familar with these, please take some time to read them over. Failure to abide by the rules contained in them will result in consequences to your account including warnings and possibly bannings from the site.

Forum Specific Guidelines

Please keep posts on topic for the thread you are posting in. Respect other users's threads and post appropriately in them. This should be done by trying to keep posts in discussion threads thoughtful and on topic, not spamming in more organized threads such as newspapers and fanclubs, and otherwise keeping your posts appropriate for the thread they're in.

Try to avoid excessive bumping.

If your thread is on the first page, bumping is not necessary. Even if it is on the second or third page, try and be patient and give people a chance to see it and post. They may have already seen it and could be working on a response. So have patience, and let people come to your thread.

Threads not directly related to Gaia and the Gaia Community will be moved to their proper forums.

The preceeding are the rules for this forum, please use them.

Clean Gaian

*Reserved, now open for discussion.*

Clean Gaian

I hope my spelling is okay.
Ah, excellent. It's a valiant effort, but I don't think that those who need to read this will, or at least they won't listen. It's a hard job making people play nice.

Clean Gaian

TriskDaemon
Ah, excellent. It's a valiant effort, but I don't think that those who need to read this will, or at least they won't listen. It's a hard job making people play nice.
If only it were stickied....*stares off into the distance*
Draxe
TriskDaemon
*grins* You've quoted pre-existing stickies for most of this info. It's unlikely that they'll sticky something with repeat information. Unfortunate, yes, but unlikely.

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
I don't really understand the point of this thread since its basically the sticky copied sweatdrop

Clean Gaian

TriskDaemon
Draxe
TriskDaemon
*grins* You've quoted pre-existing stickies for most of this info. It's unlikely that they'll sticky something with repeat information. Unfortunate, yes, but unlikely.
I only quoted the rules and the guidelines, I created the etiquette out of my own cranium.
This is some good info I think many could use, it would be nice if it was STICKIED, perhaps you could request it or does it just *happen*?

Some n00bs just dont listen however..it makes me rather sad cry And yes your spelling is perfectly correct. heart

Clean Gaian

emerald_star19
I don't really understand the point of this thread since its basically the sticky copied sweatdrop
No, I just used the rules and guidelines for the two posts. I wrote the etiquette out myself.
Three of the longs posts are his, they are the steps to take when someone is doing 'wrong' and the other things are quotes from other stickied threads, yes, but having it in all one area merely makes it easier, and he does comment on them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff