Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Why do you think Gaia keeps releasing gold generators when they know it's driving Gaians out?
What are some ways we can fix this inflation with out taking gold generators away?
Do you believe gaia has a legit reason for releasing so many generators? ( ex. they need money to help pay employees)
What do you think gaia should do next?

Relentless Glitch

For those with the means, having gold generators does make their life easier. If they act faster than the next wave of inflation, they can buy the things they want. Once the economy adapts to the higher bar, they'd wait for the next gold gens with higher output and rinse, repeat, and profit. Sure, it's killing the rest of the users, but it doesn't look like that population cares a lot.

Distinct Lunatic

Sell! emotion_awesome

Noob

I've been gone for quite awhile and I come back to everything literally inflated... Can someone please give me an explanation? Like basically explain it like I'm five but not literally. What are gold generators? How do they work?

Shameless Streaker

User Image
An impostor sailor senshi is speaking☽☾ ...

gaia_spoons Why do you think Gaia keeps releasing gold generators when they know it's driving Gaians out?
___ gaia_gaiagold It makes a lot of money, very quickly. People keep buying it so they can keep their personal accounts up with the rest of the economy. It's not really driving out enough Gaian's that gaia would care. Go into the towns, 100s of happy gaians conversing. The CB is still full of it's usual high and drunk young adults doing giveaways and talking about how annoying college is. There's still guilds being made. There's still literate, successful RP's going on in Barton town. The GCD is still here talking about the new RIGS and bitching about things that aren't a giant deal, like poorly done recolors.
gaia_spoons What are some ways we can fix this inflation with out taking gold generators away?
___ gaia_gaiagold Tell users to stop taking there items off of the MP and raising them 300million gold every time a gold generator is released. Oh yeah, not gonna happen, big time vendors only care about themselves, and everyone else is trying to keep up with the economy.
gaia_spoons Do you believe gaia has a legit reason for releasing so many generators?
___ gaia_gaiagold No.
gaia_spoons What do you think gaia should do next?
___ gaia_gaiagold Make more Sailor Moon items because we seriously do not have enough Re-release all the high demand, low supply items.

Thanks for listening♥
That Asian Girl x
I've been gone for quite awhile and I come back to everything literally inflated... Can someone please give me an explanation? Like basically explain it like I'm five but not literally. What are gold generators? How do they work?

Gold generators work when people buy these items with gcash that give out billions of gold. that gold floods the marketplace.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Virgin Slayer
Why do you think Gaia keeps releasing gold generators when they know it's driving Gaians out?

It makes them money, more money than they would get by not selling gold generators and not driving people out. Well, more money in the short term. The long term effect, in every other case where this has happened, has proven disastrous.

The Virgin Slayer
What are some ways we can fix this inflation with out taking gold generators away?

Well, this is technically possible. The current gold generators produce between 50 million to 2 billion gold. Once everything is inflated to the point that "cheap" items cost 2 billion+ gold, then the gold generators will not be worth much and not be purchased.

Of course, this wouldn't work in Gaia's favor because they wouldn't be getting money from the sales anymore. Gaia would simply just release new gold generators for larger amounts, which just feeds back into the problem once again.

I suppose the complete abandonment of the website by all paying customers would technically solve the problem as well, although that's probably not what you mean.

The Virgin Slayer
Do you believe gaia has a legit reason for releasing so many generators? ( ex. they need money to help pay employees)

They want money.

I'd say that they're using the money for some project or another, but between the tentacl website and the lack of new features here, that's pretty much not likely.

That Asian Girl x

Gaia released items that can be purchased for real money/Gaia Cash, and when used, produce a random amount of gold. This started in the summer of last year, with the item producing 50k-2m gold, and we've seen an almost continuous selling of such items sense. The top gold prize for such items is now 2 billion gold.

As for why this is a problem, it's economics. Everyone gets money, everyone buys items. The less expensive items are no longer for sale, people have more money and so they don't sell their items anymore. More people get money, they're forced to buy the higher priced items.

Whenever someone sells an item now, they list it for a higher price - not only because that's the average now, but also because they want to buy something else with the money it is sold for, and the only available items are the more expensive ones.

The more money that gets put into a system (in the hands of the general Gaia public), the more you see prices increase because of this. We might be seeing the same number of items in the marketplace as usual, but because of all the gold that everyone collectively has, prices have increased dramatically. Prices are 1000x higher from last year, or more, because there is 1000x more Gaia Gold on the website now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff