Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
More like you guys aren't making any sense rofl

I took the poll and enjoyed venting about how much I hate mobile games though, so that was nice.

Romantic Genius

Narumi Misuhara

Ah, thanks for the example. So in that case it would be the CEO

Ok thanks for replying Narumi. See I thought it would have been the other way around. I always thought Lanzer was head honcho as in higher Authority than the CEO.. sweatdrop

I just thought that when the CEO wanted to do something, he'd run things by with Lanzer first. And then if it was agreed upon then it's all systems go.. *shrugs* ...

But thanks for clarifying that.. heart
Even though you guys have promised change, your actions have proven you intend to do nothing of the sort. When Gaia first came along, it was charming and original. It wasn't afraid to try new things and be quirky. Now though, Gaia is trying to be like everyone else instead of being original.

There was a time that sites were trying to emulate Gaia. What happened to that?

You guys turned your back on the roleplaying and anime fanbase that made Gaia great started trying to copy the bigger sites that, frankly, aren't the same genre of site. You're going to have to face it, Gaia is not Facebook and never will be. As long as you try to emulate sites that Gaia isn't, things will continue to fail.

And stop trying to be Zynga. Zynga is just a cash grab by some money hungry CEOs. There's a good reason their stocks are tanking.

Quote:
What we are doing is putting more focus on Gaia Online. The Gaia team has more developers working on it now than it did before any of the changes occurred a couple weeks ago.
It doesn't matter how many developers you have. What matters is their vision and what they aim to do.

Quote:
We are making and continuing forward with big plans for the site. Part of that is examining our presence in the mobile space currently.
It doesn't matter how big something is if you have no clue what you're doing. 'Big' does not automatically equal fun. Concentrate on what is fun first. If it's a small project, so be it.

Quote:
We're very interested in how we can make Gaia's mobile experience better, both through the app and through a mobile browser itself. In order to understand that though, we need to understand what our users are using their phones for or if any of them even have phones. The poll is not one sided or singularly focused. The data we gain from it will be of use to both sides of the company.
It's one thing to want to know what you can do to make Gaia's site more smartphone friendly, but most of the users are underage without parents that are rich enough for unlimited plans. This is part of the 'emulating sites Gaia isn't' problem.

Quote:
Those looking at the poll and seeing evidence of us lying or contradicting ourselves are being too limited in their judgment and are looking far too much down one path and not seeing the other paths coming from it.
Honestly, being attacked for expressing concern about continued poor business choices covered up with promises of 'change' doesn't seem very professional. You're the second admin that has done that. If you're going to claim to listen to the userbase, actually do it. Let us have a genuine say in what's going on.

Why do you think projects keep getting so little response? Because you guys get hung up on something that's popular on another site and think Gaia needs a copy of it. That's just bull. Until you guys started fumbling around for everything from the internet, Gaia's users had come to expect a certain kind of thing from Gaia.

If you want to know what you should work on, form a system to let users outline their own projects that can be voted on by other users. Then you'll know what people actually want.
Princess-Orphelia

Here's an idea. Maybe a venting forum for people who need to do just that? sweatdrop

A forum for venting with a rapid expiration of threads (perhaps a day or less) would be a very good idea. I could totally get behind something like that.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Princess-Orphelia
Narumi Misuhara

Ah, thanks for the example. So in that case it would be the CEO

Ok thanks for replying Narumi. See I thought it would have been the other way around. I always thought Lanzer was head honcho as in higher Authority than the CEO.. sweatdrop

I just thought that when the CEO wanted to do something, he'd run things by with Lanzer first. And then if it was agreed upon then it's all systems go.. *shrugs* ...

But thanks for clarifying that.. heart

Lanzer is on the board but the board acts as an advisory council to the company. They don't play a role in day to day decisions. If the CEO wanted to invest company resources toward building a theme park, then yeah he would have to run that by Lanzer and the other board members for approval. Otherwise though, Lanzer is on staff as a developer and does not have authoritative say on day to day operations. Obviously though his ideas and opinions do hold a lot of weight.

Romantic Genius

Cedarbox
Princess-Orphelia

Here's an idea. Maybe a venting forum for people who need to do just that? sweatdrop

A forum for venting with a rapid expiration of threads (perhaps a day or less) would be a very good idea. I could totally get behind something like that.

Yes, I am totally for this. It'd be one of those self vanishing threads. Kind of like the new compostable bags we have at work. 3nodding ..

Romantic Genius

Narumi Misuhara

Lanzer is on the board but the board acts as an advisory council to the company. They don't play a role in day to day decisions. If the CEO wanted to invest company resources toward building a theme park, then yeah he would have to run that by Lanzer and the other board members for approval. Otherwise though, Lanzer is on staff as a developer and does not have authoritative say on day to day operations. Obviously though his ideas and opinions do hold a lot of weight.

Nods, nods. Ok I get it now. So in the case of looking through the company log books, budgeting etc and cutting back on staff is done solely by a CEO, right? Wow, we never knew Lanzer was a Developer. See we learn something new each day. 3nodding

P/s...
So looking forward to more outfit slot savers and the new inventory arranger.. sweatdrop
Narumi Misuhara

If the CEO wanted to invest company resources toward building a theme park,

I'm pretty sure a Gaia Theme Park would be a disaster... but if you decide to build it... come to Louisville, Kentucky. ^_^ We have horses.

Quotable Hunter

If Gaia had decided to make this site more fun for everyone with focusing on everything that you have to offer rather than trying to police the forums with power hungry moderators, you guys would of never had the need to fire a good chunk of your staff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff