Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi
Any news on whether our CEO will be attending this week's AtA?

I'm interested to see how the community responds to this. :/

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

We will find out in about one hour and fifteen minutes.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Want to place your bets now?

My bet is they cancel the entire thing. lol They have done that before after something controversial happened.

That is a possibility. Especially since a post I saw that said they won't spend any time on these questions and what pertaining to the events.

It would not surprise me.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Nyadriel
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi

My bet is they cancel the entire thing. lol They have done that before after something controversial happened.

That is a possibility. Especially since a post I saw that said they won't spend any time on these questions and what pertaining to the events.

It would not surprise me.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi

I bet we'll have an AtA tonight!

Omnipresent Glitch

siskataya
I bet we'll have an AtA tonight!

Willin' to put money on it...

Oh wait you'd already know, cheater. cat_3nodding I am interested in seeing AtA, as just another lurker.

Scurvy Pirate

Taking all bets! 20:1 odds that we'll have AtA tonight! Get in while you can! All proceeds go directly to myself and no one else receives anything.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Uncle Kenny
Taking all bets! 20:1 odds that we'll have AtA tonight! Get in while you can! All proceeds go directly to myself and no one else receives anything.

LIES! scream Well, lies about all proceeds going to YOU. Not lies about having an AtA! XD

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi

Only time we've cancelled an ATA was during holidays, unless you have some proof otherwise, I'd love to see it!. wink So if you really wanna bet, like Sisky, I'll put down a bet. Live a little!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi

Heya! We are just trying to remember when we cancelled any AtA after anything controversial. I know we cancelled for holidays and stuff, but not because of a community topic. Refresh my memory! We're trying to recall this cancellation incident biggrin
Uncle Kenny

Just wanted to address this one real quick since it seems to be a rather big jump to make from where things are. I'm not being used by anyone to hide behind, nor have I been told to try and put out the fires so anyone else can avoid doing so. It's pretty much entirely on myself that I'm in here answering/responding to questions because I saw a lot of misinformation and anger and thought that I could try to provide as much clarification and insight as I could to help. The thing about Gaia is we're not like other companies. We don't communicate strictly through one PR person or a pre-written company statement. One of us may make an "official statement" but they also, along with everybody else, hang around and contribute in the Q&A that follows the statement. We're getting any information out to you guys that we can so you can better understand what's going on. Whether that information comes from myself, from Sisky, or from anyone else on the staff, it's still the same information and personally, I'd find it annoying if I wasn't allowed to come in and help in these kinds of situations. Having specific people to yell and scream at may make you feel a little better, but it isn't going to change what has happened and it won't get the confidential details released. The answers really are still the same.

tl;dr version: We're here because we want to be, not because we're being forced to or are trying to shield anyone from your reactions and feedback. We do actually convey your feedback to those making decisions. Whether they hear it firsthand while being cornered in a forum, or from us after we've heard it ourselves, they're still hearing it.

While it's in some ways a good thing that our new, esteemed CEO isn't actually trying to hide behind you, the fact that he has so far not shown the common decency to at least show the community that he actually cares and that it's sad to see these people go even if it is (in his opinion) necessary - or even just have the decency to pretend to care - means that it's still you guys taking the brunt and braving the storm to get the news out to us.

I'm not denying it's a good thing that you're willing to do so and willing to help Gaians get the answers they're looking for where and when possible. I'm glad that you're taking the effort, really.

I just feel it would have been proper if our CEO would at least have bothered to leave a message about this, even if it's just a single, short one and the answers would still have to come from you. It was sudden, far too sudden, really. Not surprising that it's worrying to us Gaians as a whole.

I feel that his lack of communication can mean only two things, really. Either he does not care, or he does not understand how Gaia's community, the whole big Gaian family works. This is not facebook, where the staff are basically names without a face or personality attached in the eyes of most.

Gaians may complain about staff a lot, but it's because we care for the site - and because of all the hard work staff has done for Gaia (even if not always in the directions users would have wished to see) and because it has been so clear that so many of you care for us, care for Gaia, we care for the staff.

Here at Gaia, when people are layed off, it's not just numbers being reduced to us, like it would be at Facebook and I don't know how many other online forums, communities and games. It's not outrage because we go from, say, X artists to X-Y artists. It's not about the numbers for us. We know the staff as people, and they're worth immensely much more to us than just "number of staffmembers".

The fact that so far, our new CEO has not deemed us worthy of even just a minute of his time to just say something along the lines of that he had to lay off people - people who were immensely good at what they were doing, even - and that while necessary, it is still sad to see them go and he understands that...

I cannot take that any other way than that he either does not understand the community, or he does not care to.

Gaia is a company. Not all decisions that are made, or that have to be made, will be pleasant. I understand that. I believe most Gaians understand that. But it's important for the CEO to remember that beyond that, Gaia is also still a family and a home online to us.

I think most Gaians would be able to accept that in many ways Gaia is a company and a business much better if the CEO was also willing to show signs that he knows that beyond that, to us, his customers, Gaia is also a family. Even if it just comes in the shape of a message that takes twenty-five seconds to type and five seconds beyond that to post.

The staff which has been layed-off will be missed dearly, and I'd like to thank them for all the work they did in the years they were staff.
I'd also like to thank current staff, and especially you and Siska, for giving us at least those answers you are able to give. It's more explanation than we would have had otherwise.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Seriously, neither of our latest two CEOs has ANY presence on the site, and that's really irritating. I was bummed when Fin took over as CEO just because it was disheartening that Lanzer and the other creators weren't in charge any more, but at least he actually did show up in the forums and talk and interact with us. He once PMed me personally about a thread I'd made in Site Feedback. New Guy (I don't even recall his name) has zero site presence at all, which really doesn't make it easy to trust him.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It's all a bit...wow.

High profile, visible, popular staffers gone. I'm struggling to understand it all.
I can almost understand why Pan and JK had to go if Gaia is abandoning HoC and zOMG (though I really wish this wasn't the case) but I'm totally puzzled over the artists. Either they cost too much, weren't productive enough, or their work wasn't popular. It's hard to imagine any of those being the case.

I'm not going to blame the new CEO though, they've not been around long enough to say they've terrible decisions for the site. And, hey, they've not referred to us as 'roaches' yet like a previous one XD

Fashionable Browser

I know I probably did not many or any of those who have left
But I still sorrow for them leaving
Gaia, as silly as this sounds, is one big messed up family
I've met some funny and amazing people here
This is my home away from home
I am a proud gaian
And for those who have left:
Thank you. We know you've all worked hard to keep this site a fun and exciting place. You will be missed. I wish all of you the best

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Literally the most staff response I have ever had to one of my snarky comments. Like. Three. A RECORD!

The time I remember had something to do with Alchemy possibly Diedrich, though it is likely it also coincided with a holiday.

I'm a bit fuzzy.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
siskataya
Yeata Zi
Opera Phantomess
Yeata Zi

Heya! We are just trying to remember when we cancelled any AtA after anything controversial. I know we cancelled for holidays and stuff, but not because of a community topic. Refresh my memory! We're trying to recall this cancellation incident biggrin

:3 I'll try to look through some old ones maybe and see if I can find it, though whatever it was likely just got covered in the next AtA. And it maaaaaaay have coincided with a holiday, and I just don't remember that because I have awful memory. razz

It's super weird for one of my comments to get so much staff response.

Loiterer

14,275 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bidding War 100
Sil is Silly

I just feel it would have been proper if our CEO would at least have bothered to leave a message about this, even if it's just a single, short one and the answers would still have to come from you. It was sudden, far too sudden, really. Not surprising that it's worrying to us Gaians as a whole.

I feel that his lack of communication can mean only two things, really. Either he does not care, or he does not understand how Gaia's community, the whole big Gaian family works.
I think it's because he doesn't think we're worth talking to -- at least not about anything meaningful. It would be a waste of time when his primary interest is in how he can squeeze money out of us. Do you honestly think a middle-aged businessman/CEO whose only association with Gaiaonline involves turning a profit from it is going to have any emotional investment in the users of this site whatsoever? I think people are dreaming if they think he cares. The way he conducted those layoffs speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff