Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I feel really sad about this. I don't know what else to say... sad

To the staff who are no longer with Gaia: Thank you so much for all the hard work and good luck!

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Well I'm still sour about the situation.
I was pretty good friends with JK, knew him in the Zurg Hive guild and even trained under him to voluntarily work for Gaia when they were looking for people to help with zOMG and stuff... nothing really came of that though, I just learned a few techniques with sprite art because of him. I owe my current abilities and skills to him, that brief moment of training really did make me improve.
I didn't talk to him much, but we were close enough for him to be my friend on skype and facebook.
He talked to me in the Dev meats a lot too. ;u;

I now feel really guilty for orchestrating those E CORP ATA raids in the past, Pan lost his s**t because of us in that incident and I never made it up to him... ;m;

I didn't really know PRISM all that well, so her loss wasn't as much of a blow to me as it was to many others here.

I suppose no matter how it's worded, I'm still going to be miffed that someone I knew was laid off from a job I knew they loved without even a warning.

Along with like 20 other people.

Scurvy Pirate

xBillehx
Uncle Kenny
Fluffeh Whip
siskataya
With JK and pan gone...

will anything bad happen to zOMG? As in taking it down?? D:

We have no plans to take down zOMG or any other game/feature.

Do you happen to know if Heralds of Chaos development is being passed on to other devs with a new project lead or will it just be left in a paused state with no more bug fixes/updates?

I don't know, I'm afraid. That's out of my domain since I only work on the features/games developed on the Gaia Online side of the business. Heralds of Chaos was developed by the social team so I don't know what their plans are for it.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Pirate Captain Sushi
I was pretty good friends with JK, knew him in the Zurg Hive guild and even trained under him to voluntarily work for Gaia when they were looking for people to help with zOMG and stuff... nothing really came of that though, I just learned a few techniques with sprite art because of him. I owe my current abilities and skills to him, that brief moment of training really did make me improve.
I didn't talk to him much, but we were close enough for him to be my friend on skype and facebook.

I now feel really guilty for orchestrating those E CORP ATA raids in the past, Pan lost his s**t because of us in that incident and I never made it up to him... ;m;

I didn't really know PRISM all that well, so her loss wasn't as much of a blow to me as it was to many others here.

I suppose no matter how it's worded, I'm still going to be miffed that someone I knew was laid off from a job I knew they loved without even a warning.

Lost his s**t? How so? I never pay much attention to AtA since the tiny bits of useful info in them get reposted elsewhere in the GCD, so I never heard about this...

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Lazarus Larkin
Pirate Captain Sushi

Lost his s**t? How so? I never pay much attention to AtA since the tiny bits of useful info in them get reposted elsewhere in the GCD, so I never heard about this...

Memory is sketchy, but I believe another staffer at the AtA said he left his computer because of how furious he was getting when everybody was asking the same questions.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Wow, such super sad news...

Especially bummed to see PRISM go. crying

Best wishes to everyone affected. heart

Angelic Healer

Were a majority of the staff that was laid off from the social side of the development team?
Wow.

Just wow.

Distinct Explorer

Tragic l2abbit

on one hand, glad we won't be getting any more Ciel sequels. On the other hand, it still hurts to see anyone from Gaia leave.
So with a few developers being sacked, does this mean Gaia is haulting it's work on making games anymore or what?

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Fractale
Tragic l2abbit

on one hand, glad we won't be getting any more Ciel sequels. On the other hand, it still hurts to see anyone from Gaia leave.

The Ciels came about during my long hiatus so I completely missed out on all that hoopla. I personally tend to gravitate towards items of a dark or sexy nature, but major kudos to her pixels because their popularity no doubt brought in bucket loads of cash to help feed the machine.

Hearing about JK.. he always seemed so dedicated. Such a bummer.
And Pan.... ugh, that just sucks hardcore.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

As I said before god help you if Lanzer is layed off I think I'd quit Gaia if that were the case

This still sucks either way

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Parexus
Were a majority of the staff that was laid off from the social side of the development team?

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

It seems more developers on the social side were fired and more artists on the site's side were let go. I honestly am perplexed as to why seeing as how the more well known social developers like Pan and [ JK ] originally worked on the site and could have easily been converted back over to aide in the development process. The artists let go were some of the more well received when it came to the items they made, so I also am quite confused as to why, then, they would be let go if they were part in bringing in a lot of the profits.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Shameless Wench

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I just have one question, not directed at anyone in specific, but.. Where is Mr. CEO in all of this, expressing his sympathy for what's happened?

I'm really curious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces