Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone,

As you are probably aware, there have been some changes made at Gaia. Unfortunately these changes impacted some employees. While we try to give Gaians a heads up on big news coming down the pipe, unfortunately, this was not a topic we could discuss prior to today. Even now, there are some specific details we cannot disclose - we're sure you understand why.

What I can tell you is that the changes were made purely for business reasons. The people who are no longer with Gaia are amazing individuals with talent, passion, and great spirit. This move wasn't about people not doing their jobs, or lacking in skills/abilities - it was simply made to help Gaia Online continue to be a vibrant and vital community.

We want you to know that losing awesome and talented people is always difficult, and we here in the office are deeply saddened by these changes. Many of us have worked with these individuals for years, these are our friends, so the loss is not just professional, but personal as well. We already feel their absence, and wish them nothing but all the best in life - both professionally and personally.

We also recognize that many of these people have been your friends for years too - that you have spent time talking with them, interacting with them on site, testing projects with them, or hanging out and having fun with them in events. We know you'll miss them, and understand why this type of change can be scary and upsetting. If you have any questions or comments, or want to express how this whole matter makes you feel, please feel free to use this thread to do so. You may also pm me privately if you'd prefer. Also, if you have any well-wishes you'd like me to pass along to any of the former staff members, I'd be happy to make sure they get the message.

Take care everyone,
- Sisky

Dangerous Loiterer

To those who have been affected, my deepest condolences.

Gaia has always been a family, and we will all miss you terribly. As artists you are responsible for the art we wish we could draw and the items which kept the site alive; as developers you're responsible for the site features which kept Gaia fresh and the games which hooked us; as admins and founders you've always been a source of trust and hospitality. Most of all, though, as Gaians, you're people we looked up to and respected even though we griped and groaned about this, that and the other.

I just hope we don't lose you altogether and that you'll keep us updated on how you are.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
thanks sisky. now i want to cry more since i fit into that bolded sentence. i'll cry a ton too if you, swarf, and zero left. i just love you all so much. crying

that's all i wanted to say. better keep it short than... lengthy? anyway... i hope you can get this thread announced so at least others may see it and well, i already know some groups are planning some memorials and such. ugh.. no one died but.. i guess a little piece of all of us died? sweatdrop

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

Meeehhhhhh. bleeeehhhhh. okay...

it's just sad. crying

i will miss Pan the most crying He is such a great communicator with users, with the technical side of explaining site issues, especially.

damn man

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I understand...hopefully this doesn't mean Gaia is in trouble, though?
          Thanks for informing us Sisky, it's upsetting to a lot of us and it's nice to see current staff addressing the situation.

Dead Hellraiser

I'm going to miss those leaving and I wish them the best.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
scullylam
thanks sisky. now i want to cry more since i fit into that bolded sentence. i'll cry a ton too if you, swarf, and zero left. i just love you all so much. crying

that's all i wanted to say. better keep it short than... lengthy? anyway... i hope you can get this thread announced so at least others may see it and well, i already know some groups are planning some memorials and such. ugh.. no one died but.. i guess a little piece of all of us died? sweatdrop

I know you do scully, and lots of other Gaians too. I know you had some friends on staff, and are really saddened by all of this. Some things are sad all around, yanno? We're sad too. That said, we must (all of us) also not forget these are amazing and talented individuals who we know will have amazing futures. And they are still our friends - that doesn't change.

Trust me, if I could give all of you big, squishy hugs, I would emotion_hug

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sucks that they had to leave, but oh well. I wish them the best of luck!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Caerthakatha
To those who have been affected, my deepest condolences.

Gaia has always been a family, and we will all miss you terribly. As artists you are responsible for the art we wish we could draw and the items which kept the site alive; as developers you're responsible for the site features which kept Gaia fresh and the games which hooked us; as admins and founders you've always been a source of trust and hospitality. Most of all, though, as Gaians, you're people we looked up to and respected even though we griped and groaned about this, that and the other.

I just hope we don't lose you altogether and that you'll keep us updated on how you are.

I don't think we will. Friends are friends, and even though it is a tough time right now, I think we'll hear from people and I suspect they will be up to amazing things!

And thanks for sharing your thoughtful - I will make sure people see your message emotion_hug

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Thanks for the update, Sisky. <3 I know it has to be difficult for everyone.
I really do appreciate the hard work the entire staff puts into Gaia, both old & new.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
siskataya
scullylam

I know you do scully, and lots of other Gaians too. I know you had some friends on staff, and are really saddened by all of this. Some things are sad all around, yanno? We're sad too. That said, we must (all of us) also not forget these are amazing and talented individuals who we know will have amazing futures. And they are still our friends - that doesn't change.

Trust me, if I could give all of you big, squishy hugs, I would emotion_hug

crying emotion_hug

Handsome Man-Lover

Thank you for the update and best of luck to any future endeavours of those leaving.

Unforgiving Gaian

Thanks for your message, I hope it will calm people down a bit. I'm sorry you have to say goodbye to your co-workers, it's always sad to see people go. Hopefully certain Gaians out here will indeed understand that Gaia Online is a business, and these kind of decisions are sometimes necessary. So I guess..good luck emotion_yatta

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I wasn't friends with any of them; but I'll miss 'em.

sad

Bye guys.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Denham
          I understand...hopefully this doesn't mean Gaia is in trouble, though?
          Thanks for informing us Sisky, it's upsetting to a lot of us and it's nice to see current staff addressing the situation.

Thanks for the message!

Gaia is still rolling along as awesome as it has been. We are still a strong, vibrant community and we'll keep pressing on in our fabulous and quirky way - along with the best community online!

And I am glad to be able to talk with you all. I wanted you to all know that we are aware that this is a sad time for many of you, and that we understand such changes can be a bit scary. Thanks for letting me share this message, and to express both the sadness we are feeling along with our deep belief that the staff who have gone are brilliant and have bright and amazing futures ahead of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff