Welcome to Gaia! ::

Formal Elocutionist

Uncle Kenny
Featured Announcements are dictated by the sponsors who want to advertise through us. If they don't want it, then we can't do one. The nature of ads is changing and they're focusing more on mobile platforms and less on sites like ours so there's not much we can really do to make more. If we get a sponsor that wants it then you'll see one, otherwise it's not likely.

With Mobile Advertisements being the best way these days to get noticed, Gaia has had no other choice but to jump into the pool to swim with all the big fishes. This was a smart choice by Gaia.

Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's way of saving this site from being in financial ruin, and turns it around into expansion. With Mobile Apps like Monster Galaxy: Zodiac Islands and the upcoming Rumble Kitten to be due out in the upcoming months, we can only hope these games see some well deserved spotlight. Not only on this site either. I'm really hoping they'll be bigger than "zOMG!" big.

With Monster Galaxy being a heavy contender in Facebook Games, GaiaOnline knew they had something special, so they moved from Facebook and into the App Store. I imagine it's an honor, and alot of pressure for our beloved devs to be a part of something as big as Gaia Interactive. Alot of them seem to enjoy the work from what I have gathered. Regardless, I do miss them dearly.

I'm not sure, but it appears that Rumble Kitten may be the very first standalone "pay to play" game from GaiaInteractive. And if that's the case, it may not make it onto the actual site, but as an App exclusive. (Until something is actually confirmed, please don't take this as anything more than a rumor)

So, the best way to support Gaia right now is to actually purchase and play these Apps. Not only does it give Gaia your money but your purchase (and review) could give Gaia Interactive the publicity needed to expand this site and help make it into something special.

Formal Elocutionist

decided to make this misplaced thread into something. sorry it took so long. thank you for your patience.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's way of saving the site....? I was under the impression that GaiaOnline was owned by Gaia Internactive and not the other way around. Which would mean Gaia Interactive isn't GaiaOnline's solution to anything. Or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Your OP makes it seem like Gaia Interactive is something GaiaOnline came up with to save itself. And I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. ^_^; GaiaOnline is a part of something that is bigger than just this site and I'm not sure the rest of Gaia Interactive exists just to make sure this site stays up and running.

I think the reason why so many people want the new games and such here on this site--is so they can support the company from here, the place they actually love. Many people don't want to just support the nebulous entity that is "Gaia." They want to support GaiaOnline, specifically, because that's the little corner of Gaia Interactive, Inc. they love.

I'm not saying I disagree with your statements about Gaia having to 'jump in the pool and swim with the big fishes.' I totally agree with all that. I just think your OP is presenting information in a slightly skewed way.

Formal Elocutionist

StrawberryZ0mbie
Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's way of saving the site....? I was under the impression that GaiaOnline was owned by Gaia Internactive and not the other way around. Which would mean Gaia Interactive isn't GaiaOnline's solution to anything. Or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Your OP makes it seem like Gaia Interactive is something GaiaOnline came up with to save itself. And I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. ^_^; GaiaOnline is a part of something that is bigger than just this site and I'm not sure the rest of Gaia Interactive exists just to make sure this site stays up and running.

I think the reason why so many people want the new games and such here on this site--so they can support the company from here, the place they actually love. People don't want to just support the nebulous entity that is "Gaia." They want to support GaiaOnline, specifically, because that's the little corner of Gaia Interactive, Inc. they love.

I'm not saying I disagree with your statements about Gaia having to 'jump in the pool and swim with the big fishes.' I totally agree with all that. I just think your OP is presenting information in a slightly skewed way.

Here's an example I pulled out of my noggin.
Apple invented Iphone. Iphone is the reason Apple is now doing so well. [details]
In a similar way, Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's invention that will draw in a larger audience to the site.

Mysterious Trickster

For those who have the phones and tablets to play those games, sure can. For those who don't (waves her hand), Gaia Cash Cards are the way to go. Ads, too, but there needs to be a better way to screen them in order for me to take my adblock off.

Though... I don't think Gaia is hurting too much.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
The issue here being: I hate mobile app games :/

But GO GAIA!

Formal Elocutionist

Kain-Senpai
For those who have the phones and tablets to play those games, sure can. For those who don't (waves her hand), Gaia Cash Cards are the way to go. Ads, too, but there needs to be a better way to screen them in order for me to take my adblock off.

I am curious on how well GaiaOnline is actually doing, after the site-wide announcement concerning adblock. Our devs aren't the type of people to up and site-wide announce things like that for shits and giggles.

Perfect Pumpkin

Well, if they made apps for my phone...

Mysterious Trickster

TINSTAAFL
Kain-Senpai

I am curious on how well GaiaOnline is actually doing, after the site-wide announcement concerning adblock. Our devs aren't the type of people to up and site-wide announce things like that for shits and giggles.

Think about that statement. Think hard... harder.

Devs, no. But Artists and other Admins? Yes. Mostly through Dev Notices (which are like announcements, but no red tape? ).

Inquisitive Bibliophile

TINSTAAFL
StrawberryZ0mbie

I think the reason why so many people want the new games and such here on this site--so they can support the company from here, the place they actually love. People don't want to just support the nebulous entity that is "Gaia." They want to support GaiaOnline, specifically, because that's the little corner of Gaia Interactive, Inc. they love.

Apple invented Iphone. Iphone is the reason Apple is now doing so well. [details]
In a similar way, Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's invention that will draw in a larger audience to the site.

No...what you're saying is like saying Apple is the iphone's invention. Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's parent company---Gaia Interactive invented GaiaOnline, basically? GaiaOnline, Moga, the new cat game, HoC--they're all owned by Gaia Interactive, much as the iphone is owned by Apple.

That was what I was getting at? You're acting as if GaiaOnline is the parent company and I believe that is inaccurate. =3

Formal Elocutionist

J 4 C K

What kind of phone is that?
I was lucky enough to have my fiancee get an iphone for christmas this year, otherwise I'd be totally out of the App loop myself.

Formal Elocutionist

Kain-Senpai
TINSTAAFL
Kain-Senpai

Think about that statement. Think hard... harder.

Devs, no. But Artists and other Admins? Yes. Mostly through Dev Notices (which are like announcements, but no red tape? ).

But they just crossed that red tape.

Perfect Pumpkin

TINSTAAFL
J 4 C K

What kind of phone is that?
I was lucky enough to have my fiancee get an iphone for christmas this year, otherwise I'd be totally out of the App loop myself.
It's a Windows phone, which is the neglected step-child of the app family.

Magic Hobo

Mobile apps, much like facebook apps, are a dead-end platform for gaming. They're extra popular right now, but as the platform is inherently super limited, it's not going to last very long, and Gaia's late to the bandwagon as usual. The only way to make money off of them is to be a scumbag, and Gaia, with it's loud and highly present userbase, can't quite pull off scumbag and manage a net positive result.

Also I don't have a smartphone and I probably won't for a very long time. So yeah go ahead Gaia and keep pouring resources into a limited platform that is going to die sooner rather than later which also excludes a fair swath of your userbase from playing it at all. Good life choices.

Formal Elocutionist

StrawberryZ0mbie
TINSTAAFL
StrawberryZ0mbie

No...what you're saying is like saying Apple is the iphone's invention. Gaia Interactive is GaiaOnline's parent company---Gaia Interactive invented GaiaOnline, basically? GaiaOnline, Moga, the new cat game, HoC--they're all owned by Gaia Interactive, much as the iphone is owned by Apple.

That was what I was getting at? You're acting as if GaiaOnline is the parent company and I believe that is inaccurate. =3

Gaia Interactive seems to be focused soley on games. Games are a very recent thing. If they've existed for as long as GaiaOnline, what did this company do before games?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff