Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was looking around those old dusty forum topics and noticed that a good amount of users had their accounts blocked including a friend of mine. Often they also had items worth quiet a lot of gold.

Is there anything planned for what will happen to these accounts as some have been inactive for almost a decade, and are still banned up to today ?

If not, Might I pitch a very similar plan of action done by the government in the US when homes are abandon or residents there are removed. If maybe these accounts can go up for blind bidding using cash, or if the user has no gold or items BUT a username that is sought after, that user name can be recycled and someone who can use it, may use it.

Tricky Cat

Id hope the gold wouldnt be reintroduced, but the names...
IF the users filed tickets for unbanning, and were denied-- sure.
By all means.

Trash Genius

so far as I know there was a process going on
where the old banned accounts had their names changed to numbers. And Flynn's Plunder is putting
out copies of the items in the banned or abandoned accounts. Like a few housing items,
letters, that sort of thing.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
that sounds like a lot of work that doesn't involve gaia making money

you missed a key component in this suggestion

and that key component is the cash shop

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
OddBird

Haha, hit the nail right on the head!

Buggy Mage

This is one of the leading reasons why I didn't want them to do those security measures.
I can't agree with that because I think that it would be very alienating experience for anyone returning after a long while.
Sounds Good,

I'll make the change. I don't think it should be that much work though, if gaia is as organized as I think they are. This should be as easy as gathering a list of banned members and throwing them in their own section in the market place.

OddBird

Trash Genius

Amitrix
Sounds Good,

I'll make the change. I don't think it should be that much work though, if gaia is as organized as I think they are. This should be as easy as gathering a list of banned members and throwing them in their own section in the market place.

OddBird

you missed my post. They're doing that. Except
making copies of the items.

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Member 100

4,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
OddBird

This.

Gaia is a business and will function like one, so why would they waste valuable time recycling old accounts when they can spend that same amount of time making a new CI that will be fit for mass consumption.

Besides, Gaia can create gold any time they want, and there are hundreds of ways that they can circulate it.

Liberal Gaian

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Slider546
OddBird

This.

Gaia is a business and will function like one, so why would they waste valuable time recycling old accounts when they can spend that same amount of time making a new CI that will be fit for mass consumption.

Besides, Gaia can create gold any time they want, and there are hundreds of ways that they can circulate it.

I very much agree with this and what if someone should want to come back to Gaia with their gold and belongings. I took a break from Gaia and my brother has gone away where he wont be able to play Gaia for a very long time; Military. It would be very disappointing to see all our belongings including names stripped from us because we left over external matters.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I'm pretty sure Gaia has said before they are not touching banned accounts. They re-release copies of some of the items on the accounts but that is about it. I didn't know about the whole name to number change though. (If that's really true.) I would like to see at least the usernames of banned accounts opened back up for the taking. At this point, most people have to add numbers or Xs to their names to make an account. sweatdrop Personally, I feel that if you were banned like three years ago, you will never get your account back anyway and so there is no point in keeping the account intact. It's just a waste of space and items.
Thank you Flaire and Kokoro,

For giving me direct answers to the topic "question". That's all I asked for. I can't remember the topic being "Here's an idea for banned members", the pitch was just a small idea I had, nothing big. The attitude of GCD apparently hasn't changed much over the years ... always ready to shoot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff