Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I had been thinking of all the colors gaia neglects and the possibility of rectifying that by the use of project tickets. That's limited to 6 poses though. So I went on another tangent thinking "what if each pose was a completed outfit?" Then an item could have 6 outfits all in one item, which allows many color themed items to be created at once. I know a lot of people dislike that because they like to mix and match to create their own looks, but there are still people who would like having an outfit mostly finished in one item, so as not to have to buy multiples of the same item, plus there are some items that come with bottoms and shoes in one pose. You can still equip different socks to show up on the leg. If the full body mod had somewhat flexible layering that would also make it a little more workable. Plus, just the though of more full body mods interest me. There are ones like Marceline and Finn from AT where the body becomes all noodly. Full body mods give the opportunity to give the avatar body different styles of anatomy from the standard chibi with chunky legs and arms. I know there are people who would like the avatar bases to be remade completely, and this seems like the closest realistic opportunity to somewhat fulfill that.

What do you think?

gaia_spoons full body mods yes/no?
gaia_spoons how would you make full body mods work?
gaia_spoons what kind of full mods would you enjoy?
gaia_spoons how would you feel about having an item that has several different themed outfits in one item?

Just me, but if there were an item with multiple completely different outfits, I'd only be able to call it "Fashion Week" for lack of names that classify all the poses. X)

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
I myself am all for body mods. My favorite EI (Pietro's Case) has some of the best body mods I enjoy using. I have quite a bit more of mod items too in my inventory but the idea of complete outfits like you speak of does have my ears perked waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up! I would like to see something like this happen, however the way the tickets go it would make it hard to happen unless the outfits were EXTREMELY simplistic.. Gaia doesn't want to do too much detail for an entire pose.

aemperatrix's Sweetheart

Beloved Fairy

49,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
This is an interesting and makes sense. Though the point of multiple pose items is to mix and match to make an avatar unique to you, it is a hassle for others who want just the completed look and not want to waste money buying multiples of the item. I don't know how that'll affect the Cosplay Arena, though, since people want the challenge of trying to make a cosplay avvie without using a set. I think there would be many supporters of this idea.

Demonic Lover

I wouldn't wear it :C I'm not a *~*~super creative, this is how I express myself~*~* avatar creator but I still like mixing up stuff with my favorite items C: just having socks and the like wouldn't be enough for me DX; besides after the Wayward Son fiasco (forced white hands e_e such a great! idea) I just don't trust anything that comes with a "flesh" part, because you know, it'll be white.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
The people from the "Wearing a set" thread would have a stroke.

I'm not really fond of the idea of having a full set all at once though, because there are inevitably some poses I just don't like. It would dissuade me from the rest of the outfit if I was forced to wear that one part of it. Plus, I do like to customize and full outfits laid out leaves very little room for that.

They did something similar with the "Look" items from Walking Dead and Adventure Time. They're still in the cash shop on the last page, but I'd still rather just have the customizable item instead of all the poses smushed together since I can do more with it that way.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

hell no

hard enough to get stuff to work with my d-tone, body hair, and faun legs as it is

I like mix n' match

especially because so many body mods have a slimming effect that makes me feel like a pumpkin on a stick
ugh I just typed out a response and it got *poofed* damn wireless mouse

edit: There are similar sets of "wear it all" items among the walking dead items.

I personally wouldn't wear a full body mod outside of animal I am poses.
I feel like they're quite limiting, Id rather play with a ton of items and mix and match them rather than be stuck with one item offering a "set".

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Why not

I'd wear the full body stuff with weird animal heads like idk, diedrich or doge

It's be cool if you can still move your arms according to the hands position and still hold items. I'd wear them for a mule, or when I'm lazy lolol

Big Noob

Will it basically be similar to those "The Look" items?
I think they'll definitely need to work on the layering.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
For me it swings both ways...

I like the full body mods in Single Combat (Pike Head), Case of Pietro and Planet X...heck I'd be pleased as pie if they re-released the tentacle mods in Planet X in different colors.

Rest are iffy though.

Shameless Lover

18,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
I pretty much HAVE to have both an arm mod and a leg mod at all times,
But I wouldn't go for a full body mod...
It'd take the fun out of making the avatar itself...

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
If I won a ticket maybe I'd make one pose like that ******** it....it's my ticket ya know?

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Sevalle
Will it basically be similar to those "The Look" items?
I think they'll definitely need to work on the layering.

I was thinking something more simple like a complete top and bottom or top and shoes or something. It would make it more flexible, and yes to modified layering. And having a full mod could still work if other items lasted overtop and arms could still change poses. A few legitimately full mod with included specific leg and arm poses would probably work better for something extremely specific, like say having noodly arms and legs, or animal arms and legs, etc.

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Madam Rosalina
I pretty much HAVE to have both an arm mod and a leg mod at all times,
But I wouldn't go for a full body mod...
It'd take the fun out of making the avatar itself...

Well, it could be limited to just a top and bottom, with your pick of arm and leg mods. It might make mixing and matching tops/bottoms more rigid, but you know, they could play around with item layering and make other items still be able to go on top or under. Just musings of possibilities. And yeah it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff