Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Succubus

Erynne
VVhip

Edit: Sometimes I really wish I could be an FA specifically for the Q&A forum... I often try to redirect people in there, it'd be so much quicker to just be able to relocate their thread for them to the correct area so they could get help quicker.
DOOO EEEEET!
I will report misplaced threads and you move it. You'll be my own personal slave threadmoving person/thing. emotion_dowant twisted

And then, once it is moved, we can fight each other for who gets to answer it! wink

Q&A DEATH* MATCH!

*no actual death.

Undead Enchantress

VVhip
Erynne
VVhip

Edit: Sometimes I really wish I could be an FA specifically for the Q&A forum... I often try to redirect people in there, it'd be so much quicker to just be able to relocate their thread for them to the correct area so they could get help quicker.
DOOO EEEEET!
I will report misplaced threads and you move it. You'll be my own personal slave threadmoving person/thing. emotion_dowant twisted

And then, once it is moved, we can fight each other for who gets to answer it! wink

Q&A DEATH* MATCH!

*no actual death.
But...but...you'd auto-win since I'm already undead. emo

Angelic Nitemare

VVhip
I am not sure I would qualify... as much as I'd have the time to move threads about when I'm on, and I don't keep people on my block list ever, so I'd see everyone.

I think I had a formal warning about something once? I can't remember. And I'm not sure I report enough either... I atone for having my sig disabled once by reporting any sig violations I see, though.

Plus... hmm... pink names draw attention... I don't mind having the attention of you folks when I'm saying something I think is worth hearing... but... in general? Hmm.

Good to see some folks doing the hard yards though.

Well...I have been warned a couple times, had my signature disabled, told to change my avvie due to it being too adult and been banned.

Yet...here I am? smile

If you make the effort, you can can do it. But it has to be a sincere effort.

Perfect Pumpkin

Ridley Starsmore
VVhip
I am not sure I would qualify... as much as I'd have the time to move threads about when I'm on, and I don't keep people on my block list ever, so I'd see everyone.

I think I had a formal warning about something once? I can't remember. And I'm not sure I report enough either... I atone for having my sig disabled once by reporting any sig violations I see, though.

Plus... hmm... pink names draw attention... I don't mind having the attention of you folks when I'm saying something I think is worth hearing... but... in general? Hmm.

Well...I have been warned a couple times, had my signature disabled, told to change my avvie due to it being too adult and been banned.

Yet...here I am? smile

We all know you slipped them sexy photos of yourself.

Angelic Nitemare

J 4 C K
Ridley Starsmore
VVhip

Yet...here I am? smile

We all know you slipped them sexy photos of yourself.

I tried. The admin responding tossed their cookies. It was horrible. ninja

If there is ONE thing I can say about the FA stuff, it's that I have to be careful about half the jokes that go through my head.

Not that they are bad, but can be easily misunderstood. I was talking to a mod about an issue, and we kept crossing paths and missing each other. And it made me laugh a little and I made a comment about it. But another staff member thought I was laughing at the mod, and not the cruel irony of me trying to find someone, and missing each other by a couple seconds going either way.

Had to explain that a bit. And it makes me think about how often something I've said can be taken the wrong way even if I intended no harm about it. And while I am sure some of that I could have applied to just being a regular Gaian, I actually put some thought into it as staff.

You have no idea how...weird that is for me. I'm not normally known to restrain myself that way.

For some folks, it can be an incredibly easy job. There are some FAs (I cite Winter as an example) who are very polite to others, and make the job look really easy. And I give them props for that. But I look at it like I do anything else. I practice what it takes, and I will get better.

So when someone says "I don't think I am cut out to be an FA/Mod/Whatever" I would say to them "Do not sell yourself short. If I can do it, you can do it. Just takes doing the work, and making the effort."

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I think I am far too snarky to be able to do that.
I also seem to have a low tolerance for idiocy/complaining as well.
Definitely not suited for a forum assistant or moderator cat_xd

Omnipresent Demigod

VVhip

HDMI

~~~
Won't be 100 percent sure until you apply. And Gaia knows people can change over time, so past warnings won't effect your chances as long as it's nothing to serious. Even a long time ago banning. As long as you've shown you've grown up. I don't think the different colored name brings all that much attention. Well maybe for mods it does but for FA, I don't think so much.
Do it... do it now. emotion_dowant

~~~

HDMI

Fluffy Trash

Yeata Zi

To our Pink-Named friends: How is modding? Are you enjoying yourselves or do you wish you had never signed up for this? I've heard some horror stories.
It's been fun this past month or so heart The mod community, as have been said, is very nice. 3nodding
I've been more than a month on it now and I've only gotten a few bad PM's. Nothing that can't be handled. 3nodding
The rest have been all "thank you's". emo

Golden Girl

Yeata Zi

To our Pink-Named friends: How is modding? Are you enjoying yourselves or do you wish you had never signed up for this? I've heard some horror stories.

I like it for so far i really had to get used to be a part of the staff team but its fun and everyone is really nice and always willing to help out when you have questions
My pink name didnt give me more attention then im used to have and thats a good thing because im not really an attention seeker whee

Stellar Succubus

HDMI
VVhip

HDMI

~~~
Won't be 100 percent sure until you apply. And Gaia knows people can change over time, so past warnings won't effect your chances as long as it's nothing to serious. Even a long time ago banning. As long as you've shown you've grown up. I don't think the different colored name brings all that much attention. Well maybe for mods it does but for FA, I don't think so much.
Do it... do it now. emotion_dowant

~~~

HDMI

The thing I did was accidental and not necessarily malicious on my part. It wasn't an act of immaturity, rather, it was an act of forgetfulness... which was kind of stupid, to be honest. I learned from the mistake and haven't made it again.

I've never had any temporary bans either, and that's heartening to know that they don't receive as much negative attention. Though I'm curious, is it always that people train as an FA for a while and then move up the ranks to become a mod, or are there permanent FAs?

Aged Gaian

15,600 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
gaia_diamond

I would like to be one yes, reason being is because the forums I mostly hang out in always have misplaced threads. I would love to move them to the correct places instead of them sitting there for about 2 days straight, just the other day this girl was posting in the wrong forum on purpose (she said so when I told her about being in the wrong forum). I would simply just use the forum moderation or forum assistance power to keep the forum looking nice and keeping the forum from spammers, as well as keep it in tact.

I would love to be a forum assistant. I'm online everyday unless something comes up.

Fluffy Ladykiller

I've been on this site since it started in 03', it's been through a lot of changes as I've seen. I would enjoy making it a safer and more mature place to be for others. Some users really need to watch their tongues. This account isn't from 03' but, I've just had many accounts. None were really banned for a bad reason. I thank you all that are becoming forum assistants and helping keep the community solid. I wish I could help cause I am on this site pretty much religiously and would like to see my attendance be rectified in helping Gaia making a better place to just chat and have fun. Instead of being ridiculed for weight, or any way you look. Mods have been really helpful to me in the past and I wish I could help others the way they helped me.
emotion_dealwithit

Omnipresent Demigod

VVhip
HDMI

~~~
HDMI

Though I'm curious, is it always that people train as an FA for a while and then move up the ranks to become a mod, or are there permanent FAs?

HDMI

~~~
Well I know with the moderator application you become a FA first and train to be a mod. But since this is a FA application I don't know if they are permanent FA's or still in training for moderator. Might be something to as at the next ATA. And yes, there are a few permanent FA's.
~~~

HDMI

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Yeata Zi
It's been a pretty enjoyable and rewarding experience so far. ^^
Erynne
VVhip

DOOO EEEEET!
It doesn't quite work like that... Well at least, we don't get to see the reports. ninja
HDMI
VVhip

Though I'm curious, is it always that people train as an FA for a while and then move up the ranks to become a mod, or are there permanent FAs?

HDMI

~~~
Well I know with the moderator application you become a FA first and train to be a mod. But since this is a FA application I don't know if they are permanent FA's or still in training for moderator. Might be something to as at the next ATA. And yes, there are a few permanent FA's.
~~~

HDMI
Permanent. The temp ones apply for modship. ninja

Omnipresent Demigod

Watervoir
Yeata Zi
It's been a pretty enjoyable and rewarding experience so far. ^^
Erynne
VVhip

DOOO EEEEET!
It doesn't quite work like that... Well at least, we don't get to see the reports. ninja
HDMI
VVhip

HDMI

~~~
~~~

HDMI
Permanent. The temp ones apply for modship. ninja

HDMI

~~~
Oh I see, I guess that's disclosed when they actually send a reply email. Well there's your answer VVhip lol.
~~~

HDMI

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas