Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mysterious Trickster

Ami Satomora
Kain-Senpai

Yeah, but I went on ahead and deleted the PM. It doesn't feel right to get gold for that. To be honest, I didn't even know guilds like that existed .-.

Me, too. Then again, I'm not surprised. There have been times when users requested a little gold incentive to reporting TOS Violations. I think a system would be easily abused for the sheer gold incentive, not to mention, screw up an already delicate economy. x.x

Loyal Exhibitionist

Kain-Senpai
Ami Satomora
Kain-Senpai

Yeah, but I went on ahead and deleted the PM. It doesn't feel right to get gold for that. To be honest, I didn't even know guilds like that existed .-.

Me, too. Then again, I'm not surprised. There have been times when users requested a little gold incentive to reporting TOS Violations. I think a system would be easily abused for the sheer gold incentive, not to mention, screw up an already delicate economy. x.x

Yeah, the mods would go crazy going through all the false reports from people just reporting mindlessly to get gold. Sooner or later mods will likely disregard reports that actually needs to be done, and the community would go bad. Ever heard of the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? It's something similar to that.

Besides, how would people in that guild even know if you reported something or not? For all we could know is that you could just make up false reports anyway.

Mega Superfan

There was a brief period of time where I was a Forum Assistant. It was stressful and a lot of work. I would have loved to continue, but not to soon after I had my name color changed life got in the way and I had to take a break from Gaia for a while.

Haven't really had the motivation to try again. ^^;

Lavish Ladykiller

Sure why not. I have no life.

Lonely Player

I would if I was 18 ono;

Time-traveling Senshi

I was one for a while and it was quite interesting to see how people treated you when you went into the flash spaces. And all the flack I got from the old forum used for item contests aside, I really liked making a difference on the site, especially here in the GCD. However, me and being an FA was not a good fit as time went on. I was one at a time in my life when I was really screwing up with a lot of things. If I wasn't hearing what my own mother was telling me right there was no way I could do my job as an FA properly. We had a mutual split Gaia and I don't think me being a colored name would be a good fit ever again. I'm much more happy just being a community member now.

Time-traveling Senshi

Yeata Zi
Existential Existence
I saw that yesterday biggrin I saw a misplaced thread and the fact that it was just sitting there not yet moved gave me the urge to want to apply just so i could move that thing, but no...no....not my thing.

it sounds like work to me and i come to gaia for play biggrin

plus believe it or not but the switch in power dynamic will change how people interact with you and i don't want peeps being wary of me or using extra scrutiny to judge how i post as a 'representative of gaia' blah blah crap blah
Yeah! I think if I did it I would have to ask if I could use a mule. TO keep it separate. Then people could treat Docta PH34R weird, and I could be just the same. :3

That's part of it. It's like you're almost required to have a well used mule on hand so you can separate your personal opinions from your official position as a forum assistant when it comes to controversial issues. I don't know how anyone with one account could do it. And even then, remembering to hop on that mule for making those personal opinions known is very hard because half the time while you're doing your job you're also reading some very fun and interesting topics that you want to reply to right then and there, especially if you're working the GCD or SF.

I feel like some people shouldn't even have pink or green names
stare

Sparkling Transmutator

User Image It has been a nice experience so far.
Granted it is going on my 3rd day, but I'm going to stay an optimist.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeata Zi
Yeah! I think if I did it I would have to ask if I could use a mule. TO keep it separate. Then people could treat Docta PH34R weird, and I could be just the same. :3

i figure every time you handle a report you ruin someone's day and/or gain a potential e-h8er. no one wants that kinda rep man, especially on a website that makes it so easy to stalk strangers' activities. i'd want to do it from an unknown alt too if i had the choice. Or chose to patrol forums that you have 0 connections to so no one you care about gets mad at you biggrin

no one likes being told they're wrong. not even mods. one thing i notice is that when people get colored names they start to socialize less with their usual group and start posting more elsewhere with less rules, like CB or friend chat threads, where people are less critical of you. it doesn't happen all the time but i see it happen enough to notice. mod'ing/FA'ing seems like it sucks the fun out of Gaia IMO because you always have to monitor what you say.
#filter free for life1!1

Stellar Succubus

Dunno if I'd qualify. I probably don't report enough, and I think I might have had a warning about something once upon a time.

I wouldn't want to be a moderator, but I'd like to be able to help as a forum assistant. I could handle a few thread moves, and I tend to know where threads should belong.

Maybe I grossly underestimate the hard work they do though, by summing it up that way.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Existential Existence
no one likes being told they're wrong. not even mods. one thing i notice is that when people get colored names they start to socialize less with their usual group and start posting more elsewhere with less rules, like CB or friend chat threads, where people are less critical of you. it doesn't happen all the time but i see it happen enough to notice. mod'ing/FA'ing seems like it sucks the fun out of Gaia IMO because you always have to monitor what you say.
#filter free for life1!1

that and you learn to pretty much hate everyone lol
I've heard that you get treated like s**t if you become an FA/mod. Like, people send you nasty messages and such. If I could deal with that then I'd probably do it. :/

Questionable Shapeshifter

Cherry 6ok
I feel like some people shouldn't even have pink or green names
stare

much as i feel some people should be devs, 'coughunclekennycough'

Either ways, even if it was offered to me (as if that will happen) I'd turn it down. I'm just too opinionated to just shut up at times and I'd rather let the world know what I'd say than hide it in a mule be it popular or not. Still does not stop me for reporting junk around here

Kovarr's Waifu

Friendly Noob

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
emotion_kirakira I think that would be cool. I have interest, but the time...not so sure, because I have a terrible internet connection crying .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff