In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Unholy Lightbringer

40,590 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Yilanti Midnight
I get the feeling people saw the word Neopets and downvoted. <.<

Aww... That is a terrible reason to down vote this thread cat_sad I mean, Neopets is cute cat_whee ...Although, I haven't really been on Neopets in ages though cat_rolleyes

Sure, I </3 the thread, but I stated why I think the OP's idea is a bad idea too cat_mad ...But </3ing a thread because it happens to mention Neopets is just... Sad cat_sweatdrop

Magic Hobo

So, are we talking about this happening in the real world, with Gaia's commitment issues and budget and motley crew of 2D artists and programmers, where they'd have to farm out basically every asset to different companies in order to produce a functional 3D game?

Or are we talking magical fantasy whoopdeeshit land, where fully-rendered 3D models spring whole cloth from a dev's brain into the computer, and it wouldn't be an ungodly terrible amount of work to produce something that wouldn't be a glitchy broken-a** obnoxious mess?

except no, never mind, I still wouldn't want to play Skyrim reskinned as Gaia no matter what the production team was shaped like.

Magnetic Lunatic

Considering how things went with their plot videos (which I can't seem to find anymore, how convenient!) I don't think Gaia does 3D models well. Or well, other things. Those were just...sad. Worse than my dorky class project sad.

Zomg took them forever, and hasn't been updated really. So...I don't really see them doing another RPG in a sane amount of time.

Practicality aside, I'd like to play a game with Gaia's sort of silly mixed with serious mood. I don't think they can make it, but I would play it.

Tricky Cat

Fire 0ak
Well, in that case. If they want to explore 3d possiblities I think we should maintain Zomg till everyone feels its what they want. If it was to go 3-d they should probably keep it low tech like ,er maybe animal crossing. I just think our might translate better to a simpler 3-d medium.

Animal Crossing would be a great style for Gaia.
At least for the inter-city parts, it'd be fitting!

Tricky Cat

Magnificent Moonbeam
That was pretty misleading to add that title there. But it would be interesting to see the models of the NPCs, even if some of the RIG ones were included. As for the voice acting, I hope it'll be like those of Nippon Ichi software where sometimes you hear their voices in most parts and some you don't. I still side with my thought of Azrael voiced by Crispin Freeman...or even Gino voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch Other than that, instead of 3D, I'd rather it be hi-resolution (like Disgaea 4) if that were to happen.

Didn't mean 3d like 3DS, but rather 3D like there's a width, depth and height to characters, like 90% of videogames (See: Animal Crossing vs Cave Story)

Tricky Cat

Lil Red Panties
Ridley Starsmore
Lil Red Panties
PK Flash
Lil Red Panties
Lazarus Larkin
There's no way that would be anything but awful, lol.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

Mod's!! Please remove this thread before Gaia developers get any crazy ideas!

User Image

this thread has every right to be here, you know :|
it's a hypothetical discussion because of the sheer costs of bringing something of that scope to reality.

i think it would be neat to have some sort of hybrid kind of game? kind of like persona, but MMO-style. ( but not like SMT imagine, that was just really boring )

[/face palm]
I didn't think anyone would that seriously.

And yet, it still shouldn't have been said. Think about it, would you want someone saying that in a thread you'd made here? It would sting a bit.

I don't see how it's a hurtful statement. OP made a suggestion and I think it's a horrible idea. I made a joke instead of bashing OP's idea.
I could have said worse, but I didn't.

See, It wasn't a suggestion.
It was a hypothetical situation where the game is what you'd want it to be. What kind of game would you expect, and what features would you want, not want, or plot lines you'd hope for.

If it was a suggestion, I wouldn't put spoons on the original post.

And aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Fashionable Friend

a Foure

Alright. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings.
I didn't mean for it to be mean.

Tricky Cat

Lil Red Panties
a Foure

Alright. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings.
I didn't mean for it to be mean.

Nahanah, this is the internet.
Feelings wouldn't be hurt after the other crap I've done/been through. (SO BROODY!)

And I was making a joke (albeit, unfunny) back atcha.
wink No worries

Mysterious Trickster

Hm... sure, the Staff can't create a game on their own merit, but a partnership with a video game company would make more sense. Of course, it'd have to be an American company. I'd probably want them to work with Sucker Punch Productions, or Double Fine (Sly Cooper Series/inFAMOUS and Psychonauts/Brutal Legend, respectively). A platformer would be pretty interesting, and they're generally well received.

From what I gather from the thread (maybe it should be better explained? ), is that the OP is acting IF the site broke into the gaming market, what would be your ideal game that best represents the site?

Hypothetical or not, it's still an interesting idea.

Sweet Glitch

emotion_eyebrow Ehhh??? Actually there was a show up on how Zomg could be in 3D but the budget could have required to arise like 50 times from the max...Now something comparable to Skyrim ^_^ would required that game to become a P2P.
About NPCs talking and be able to see all the body talk2hand I'm just find with what we have.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
The last time NPCs were given voices, Edmund sounded like a punce.

I'm sorry, but I can't go through that trauma again.

And I like zOMG.

Tricky Cat

Marie-Cris

And I like zOMG.

Is there a link to this?

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Aprinn
Marie-Cris

And I like zOMG.

Is there a link to this?

Bear with me a moment, I know they're somewhere on YouTube ... or were ...

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
Aprinn

Found it.

Tricky Cat

Marie-Cris
Aprinn

Found it.

i lasted 2 minutes.
this is HORRIBLE