Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
While they're at it they should make some 3D animated movies about the NPCs, with voice acting! That would be sure to turn out GREAT!

(yes that was sarcasm)

Cygnus Fangirl

Lil Red Panties
Lazarus Larkin
There's no way that would be anything but awful, lol.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

Mod's!! Please remove this thread before Gaia developers get any crazy ideas!

User Image

this thread has every right to be here, you know :|
it's a hypothetical discussion because of the sheer costs of bringing something of that scope to reality.

i think it would be neat to have some sort of hybrid kind of game? kind of like persona, but MMO-style. ( but not like SMT imagine, that was just really boring )

Mysterious Trickster

What's the plot?
Plot? Hm... I dunno. In a game as vast as Skyrim... perhaps the Gaia-verse is being destroyed by an unknown force. As a player who is destined to stop that, traveling throughout the whole Gaia-verse and gathering all sorts of things and people to help prevent it from happening?

What do you do first?
First? Come to the GCD and SF (on the computer) and see all the threads hating and loving it. Then, I'll probably connect with fellow Gaia players who own a PS3, and see about playing together.

What monsters would you expect?
Probably a combination of The Animated and other various villains Gaia has created.

How would you expect the NPCs to sound? They have voices now!
I would expect the NPCs to have voices that worked for their character. You wouldn't expect Greg Ayres to voice Ian. Oh, God. I would die of so much hate.

Don't just use my spoons, this is a vast world now, explore the ideas as you would the world!
Maybe we would be able to visit places, like in Dark Reflection 1, Cirque du Gothique, Poseidon's Legacy, Forgotten Reverie ( as a dream/afterlife world similar to World of Warcraft [I don't play this MMO]), etc.

Edit: A Gaia-centric game in a similar style of Skyrim (maybe more anime-ish), would probably be a game I would play. XD It would be a JRPG console-MMO. If you think of it in those terms... it could be possible.

Fashionable Friend

PK Flash
Lil Red Panties
Lazarus Larkin

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

User Image

it's a hypothetical discussion because of the sheer costs of bringing something of that scope to reality.

i think it would be neat to have some sort of hybrid kind of game? kind of like persona, but MMO-style. ( but not like SMT imagine, that was just really boring )

[/face palm]
I didn't think anyone would that seriously.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Magnificent Moonbeam
That was pretty misleading to add that title there. But it would be interesting to see the models of the NPCs, even if some of the RIG ones were included. As for the voice acting, I hope it'll be like those of Nippon Ichi software where sometimes you hear their voices in most parts and some you don't. I still side with my thought of Azrael voiced by Crispin Freeman...or even Gino voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch Other than that, instead of 3D, I'd rather it be hi-resolution (like Disgaea 4) if that were to happen.
Agreed. Then we got Steve Blum doing Old man Logan's Voice (as well as another charater... stare *cough cough* Maybe Nicu?) and the Voice Actor behind Wild Tiger From T&B will be playing Ian as Well Yuri Lowenthal as Louie..Unless...

Mysterious Trickster

Michelle Chiba
Magnificent Moonbeam
That was pretty misleading to add that title there. But it would be interesting to see the models of the NPCs, even if some of the RIG ones were included. As for the voice acting, I hope it'll be like those of Nippon Ichi software where sometimes you hear their voices in most parts and some you don't. I still side with my thought of Azrael voiced by Crispin Freeman...or even Gino voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch Other than that, instead of 3D, I'd rather it be hi-resolution (like Disgaea 4) if that were to happen.
Agreed. Then we got Steve Blum doing Old man Logan's Voice (as well as another charater... stare *cough cough* Maybe Nicu?) and the Voice Actor behind Wild Tiger From T&B will be playing Ian as Well Yuri Lowenthal as Louie..Unless...

Hm... I can see Steve Blum doing Nicu. He can act like he's Spike Speigel and it'll work! XD
I can't help that when I listen to Yuri, I think of Ben 10. emotion_facepalm

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Probably either a dating game kinda thing or a beefed up Zomg kinda thing.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Unholy Lightbringer

40,590 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
a Foure
The game has been ported to all of the recent consoles (Both hand-held and not) and features high-end graphic, but ZOMG has been dropped in exchange. Not this pixely-doll bullshit, but well-rendered characters, models and textures.

So instead of pixely-doll bullshit, you'd prefer we get more-of-the-same bullshit? cat_confused

I mean, seriously, if I wanted Skyrim, I would play Skyrim (I'm not going to, because I don't want Skyrim, since it really is just more-of-the-same that you can get from 100s of other games). If I wanted well-rendered characters, models and textures, I'd just pop in any of 100s of games available on all the major console systems (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc)... Never mind the vast number of MMOs that also compete with the same, tired approach of well-rendered characters, models and textures too cat_rolleyes

You know what was awesome, IMHO? zOMG cat_3nodding You know what also happens to be surprisingly popular, games like Maplestory (Nexon's neverending Freemium ca$h cow) cat_razz You know what I consider a good game? The Professor Layton series cat_4laugh

Obviously, why don't we try branching out and doing something original? Oh wait, we're not into that now, we're into doing-the-same-thing-as-everyone-else cat_xp

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I get the feeling people saw the word Neopets and downvoted. <.<

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I'd probably get bored of it within a few weeks. sweatdrop I'm just not a gamer. Quests and things cant hold my attention like talking to people on the forums can.

Cygnus Fangirl

Lil Red Panties

[/face palm]

User Image

:/ dude it's gaia, i've seen people say things like that in all seriousness

A Friend

meep12345
Obviously, why don't we try branching out and doing something original? Oh wait, we're not into that now, we're into doing-the-same-thing-as-everyone-else :cat_xp

Meh. If Gaia we're to make a console game or an MMO with rendered characters, who's to say they'd do the same thing as everyone else?

The world would be rendered in 3D, and sure, that's common, but the gameplay/story/avatars/features could be vastly different.

Every cut-and-dry MMO tries to set themselves apart from the others with some kind of unique gimmick or feature.
They may seem the same on the surface, but they have different approaches; it's all in the execution.

I don't exactly want Gaia to make a console game that breaks from it's roots or does more of the same,
but if they did I'm sure they'd try their damnedest to set themselves apart. ヽ(・ω・ヽ)

Angelic Nitemare

I like the idea....Maybe a blend of the storyline from zOMG, and with it being linked, the items on your account have different effects.

Angelic Nitemare

Lil Red Panties
PK Flash
Lil Red Panties
Lazarus Larkin

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

User Image

[/face palm]

And yet, it still shouldn't have been said. Think about it, would you want someone saying that in a thread you'd made here? It would sting a bit.

Fashionable Friend

Ridley Starsmore
Lil Red Panties
PK Flash
Lil Red Panties
Lazarus Larkin

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

User Image

[/face palm]

And yet, it still shouldn't have been said. Think about it, would you want someone saying that in a thread you'd made here? It would sting a bit.

I don't see how it's a hurtful statement. OP made a suggestion and I think it's a horrible idea. I made a joke instead of bashing OP's idea.
I could have said worse, but I didn't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces