Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Exhibitionist

17,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Those tattoos and hair from Golden Serpent! I'm definitely getting one.

Compassionate Conversationalist

27,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
iMutt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

This happens to: Twilight Fans, Star Trek fans, sports fans, fans of anime, fans of the old MCs, fans of Gaia's Rally etc... I could keep naming off examples, but you get what I'm trying to say.

If I find something to be overrated, I'm going to explain why I feel that way. That's the whole point of this thread, to express your opinions on the MCs, not a game of cheap shots.

If anyone should be bitching at me, it should be the person who made the item. I would understand them taking it personally, but not anyone else.

Whachu know 'bout sexy dresses, hater?-lol-

So, essentially, what you are saying is everyone should hate what you hate?

That's a little presumptuous, do you think? If that were true...you would have to dislike the following things.

Watermelon, small dogs, stop lights, stupid coworkers, marshmallows, tattoos, the colors orange, green and yellow, yaoi, other people's children, those that have a brain but ACT stupid, those who act smart, but DON'T have a brain, tomatoes, sand, Any temperature that isn't between the ranges of 65-70 degrees F., both the Celsius and Kelvin temperature scales, thousand island dressing, hairless cats, underwear that is not boxer briefs, reality shows, and 90% of what other people call music.

And birds. Farkin creapy bastids.

Magic Mage

iMutt
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

This happens to: Twilight Fans, Star Trek fans, sports fans, fans of anime, fans of the old MCs, fans of Gaia's Rally etc... I could keep naming off examples, but you get what I'm trying to say.

If I find something to be overrated, I'm going to explain why I feel that way. That's the whole point of this thread, to express your opinions on the MCs, not a game of cheap shots.

If anyone should be bitching at me, it should be the person who made the item. I would understand them taking it personally, but not anyone else.

Yeah, and when it happens to fans of those things, they get upset, because being told that you shouldn't like something as much as you do is goddamn obnoxious. When you're talking about yourself yeah sure you think it's overrated, that's completely 150% fine, nobody's going to argue with you about what you think or feel your own self. But the problem arises when you start telling other people that THEY should think or feel the same way. And the problem doubly arises when you get buttmad at people for being irritated at you for saying their completely subjective opinion is wrong.

Yes, sometimes opinions can be wrong, when an opinion is based on wrong facts or no facts at all, or coming from a wackadoo world view. But when an opinion is centered around something like whether or not you like something, it is literally impossible to be wrong.

Spirit

iMutt
Viviette Valentine

I've been here for a long time. I know the sort of items they make. I've seen who they cater to.

I'm aware that they both have more than one pose, I was trying to make my point.

And my point is this: There shouldn't be so much hype around Dark Omen.

It's a one-trick pony. I prefer things that are different, things we don't often see.

Nothing you say will make me change my mind.

The hype is as follows:
It's another accessory, an addition to gaia's growing wardrobe.
It's easy to match.
Its another item to base new outfits around.
It's a dress, an arm-mod and a hair. It's versatile.
It's the first MC of the year
Its a(n) MC.
It's high quality in terms of how it's rendered.

It's been released after 15 days of waiting. 30 if you consider waiting from MC to MC.
It contains purple, black, silver, and some whites.
It's not a LOLKAWAII item, but "O, pretty some elegance"

It should have hype, it's got several reasons to. It's not a replica of an item, and it works well with previous items. I bet it'll continue to work well with newer releases. People can dislike it, like you do. People can like it, and can be hyped over it because they're allowed to.
There are reasons for the hype, therefore there should be some hype.

Devout Consumer

16,700 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Love them to death!
I wish i could get dark omen *kicks cash tree b/c it won't give me offers*

Doting Humorist

the hairs are pretty cute

Saint Sweetheart

The items this month are okay. NOT AMAZING, but okay.

I really like the green eyes & skin in the snake item. The Dark Omen...hair, dress, body mod...nothing too special, just the usual stuff. It's nicely pixeled I'll give them that but I don't see anything worth jumping up and down over.

I wish the clothes in the snake item were nicer/more interesting, they had potential. :c

Beloved Friend

7,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I like both the Golden Serpent (I heart the deadly serious looking eyes and heart the snake ) & the Dark Omen (I find the skirt pose to be amusing biggrin ) 3nodding To be honest not too fond of the Dark Omen wig *Mainly because of the ribbons sweatdrop * and not too fond of the Golden Serpent wig either ninja

Fashionable Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am very pleased with Dark Omen it gives me many new ideas. Unfortunate Golden Serpent does not give me the same motivation.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
waterrain
I like both the Golden Serpent (I heart the deadly serious looking eyes and heart the snake ) & the Dark Omen (I find the skirt pose to be amusing biggrin ) 3nodding To be honest not too fond of the Dark Omen wig *Mainly because of the ribbons sweatdrop * and not too fond of the Golden Serpent wig either ninja

If you have Sainte Ciel Agape and use the scissors, it cuts the ribbon.

Nimble Explorer

iMutt

Whoa, man. I don't really like the Dark Omen either, but there is absolutely no need to jump down the throats of people who do.
Seriously, chill out. Please.

Dedicated Cleric

15,500 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
I really like the overskirt pose, its really nice and i think it could be versatile depending on the items used with it, I made a cute look and little darker/ elegant one already. And its an overskirt i really want more overskirts we don't have enough of them.

Gaian

I actually dislike Dark Omen more the more I see of it rofl

And the opposite is true of the Serpent. I might get myself a second one >.>

Lavish Nerd

10,950 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
iMutt

I know that the female themes are a bit repetitive, and I admit I sometimes get sick of it too.
But if you don't like an item and you really want to speak your mind you better say "I don't like it/not my style/I'd prefer something less frilly, but I appreciate the hard work".
I just commented on the post of Bluefeather's about the item and I was so amazed by the quality of her work that I couldn't restrain myself from congratulate, and it hurts me so much that someone could actually offend someone's (fantastic) work even if he/she doesn't like it :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff