Welcome to Gaia! ::

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
YOU KNOW WHAT SUPER QUICK TOPIC HERE.

I reread the manga today and caught up - very fun stuff. But I started back in the D*C era and went through the entirety of the Airship Saga, and I was struck all over again with how much I love one character in particular - Meili. It's enough that I'm re-evaluating my Gaia character's story just a little. Still crushed we never got his outfit, too. ANYWAY. Quick spoons below.

gaia_crown Who's your favourite side character (a character underdeveloped, abandoned by the plot, etc)? (NOTE: feel free to mention RIG NPCs!)
gaia_crown How would you want to see them integrated into the world of Gaia more?
gaia_crown Why do you even like them so much?
gaia_crown Has your appreciation of your favourite character affected how you engage with the plot? (Have you made OCs to go with said character, do you sit around waiting for an update featuring them, etc)
gaia_crown TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER WHO IS UNDERAPPRECIATED ON GAIA.

(I mean, I love so many others (Edmund, Sam, Moira, Ringmaster, Hell Warden etc) and plenty have been abandoned in one way or another, but Meili just gets me every time. If I wasn't accustomed to my mind latching onto things like this, I'd think this attachment was hella weird.)

Timely Advisor

It's sometimes hard to draw "side character" lines with our story. o3o

Like, is Gambino too much of a main character?
Because I always enjoyed his parts the most, I guess.
His boisterous attitude and constant striving to be the best was, well, the best.
Still keeping up hopes for him to burst out of Diedrich some day...

If he's too much of a main character, I suppose my back-up would be Cindy.
I liked how she was in the earlier days, the eyes behind the scenes.
Always wanted to see more of what she did investigating.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
/steps up on podium
/lifts up megaphone
/megaphone transforms into cannon a la DMMD-style
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT THE 'HOLY-s**t' HOT MESS KNOWN AS DEVIN?

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Sukegawa
/steps up on podium
/lifts up megaphone

PLEASE, TELL ME ALL ABOUT HIM. THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR. emotion_kirakira

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Kazuma Ishimaru
It's sometimes hard to draw "side character" lines with our story. o3o

Like, is Gambino too much of a main character?
Because I always enjoyed his parts the most, I guess.
His boisterous attitude and constant striving to be the best was, well, the best.
Still keeping up hopes for him to burst out of Diedrich some day...

If he's too much of a main character, I suppose my back-up would be Cindy.
I liked how she was in the earlier days, the eyes behind the scenes.
Always wanted to see more of what she did investigating.

Ugh, yeah, I was actually thinking of that when I made this. Gambino was a major player back in the day, but that slowed down and has more or less stopped completely with his death. But being such an integral part of the Gaia story... I just don't know if I could ever count him as a 'side' character. I miss him too. There, there.

Cindy would be great to see more of! Some of her actual story - was she in zOMG? I love that she just sort of comes out of the woodwork come Halloween time, sharing updates. It's great. But imagine, there could be more to her than meets the eye...

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Kotton Belle
Sukegawa
/steps up on podium
/lifts up megaphone

DEVIN IS PERFECT
DEVIN IS LOVE, DEVIN IS LIFE

seriously tho, i freaking love devin
he doesn't get nearly enough attention
plus, he's the only confirmed gay NPC, maybe the only queer NPC altogether
at least theres more queer representation with rosamund/ciel through e.i's

but devin is just brilliant
he's sassy, he's adorable, he has mob connections, he's besties with natasha (who herself is freaking amazing), he's a tattooist asdfghjkl i just love him

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Sukegawa
Kotton Belle
Sukegawa
/steps up on podium
/lifts up megaphone

DEVIN IS PERFECT

he's sassy, he's adorable, he has mob connections, he's besties with natasha (who herself is freaking amazing), he's a tattooist asdfghjkl i just love him

THANK U FOR ALL THIS I NEEDED ALL THESE REMINDERS ON DEVIN

UGH YES queer representation. Like I am all for headcanoning EVERYONE queer in one way or another, and the hearsay by a certain artist that Nicu particularly might be all for equal opportunity, but having it confirmed is what I need. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE MORE QUEER REP emotion_donotwant On a side note when was he confirmed gay?

HAIL DEVIN. Plus he's Durem based. That will always get major kudos from me.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Kotton Belle
Sukegawa
Kotton Belle
Sukegawa
/steps up on podium
/lifts up megaphone

DEVIN IS PERFECT

THANK U FOR ALL THIS I NEEDED ALL THESE REMINDERS ON DEVIN

UGH YES queer representation. Like I am all for headcanoning EVERYONE queer in one way or another, and the hearsay by a certain artist that Nicu particularly might be all for equal opportunity, but having it confirmed is what I need. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE MORE QUEER REP emotion_donotwant On a side note when was he confirmed gay?

HAIL DEVIN. Plus he's Durem based. That will always get major kudos from me.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss
representation is so ******** important
i love cresolae and having ships and headcanon's, but confirmed, set-in-stone, undeniable queerness is what we NEED
if nicolae is confirmed bi or pan, that'd be fantastic
as for devin, he was confirmed gay several times during the manga (when it focused on the wide cast of NPC's instead of a small crew) such as at points when Devin was dreaming about Lance, when he got the typical anime nosebleed when Lance showed up talking about packages (hehe), when he picked a male partner to dance with after being crowned prom king and having no chemistry with Sam (the partner turned out to be Lance I think, but im not sure if that was just an edit i saw), when he panicked after being told a friend of another NPC (which either he assumed was female or the speech made the friend seem female) was interested in a date/a dance, also vanessa's shop dialog mention's devin's crush on lance

i mean, theres the possibility that he could be bi, pan, etc. but theres been no evidence of him showing any interest in female characters romantically/sexually and also as a gay man i've kinda latched onto him as a source of gay representation

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Sukegawa

i love cresolae and having ships and headcanon's, but confirmed, set-in-stone, undeniable queerness is what we NEED
as for devin, he was confirmed gay several times during the manga (when it focused on the wide cast of NPC's instead of a small crew) such as at points when Devin was dreaming about Lance, when he got the typical anime nosebleed when Lance showed up talking about packages (hehe), when he picked a male partner to dance with after being crowned prom king and having no chemistry with Sam (the partner turned out to be Lance I think, but im not sure if that was just an edit i saw), when he panicked after being told a friend of another NPC (which either he assumed was female or the speech made the friend seem female) was interested in a date/a dance, also vanessa's shop dialog mention's devin's crush on lance

i mean, theres the possibility that he could be bi, pan, etc. but theres been no evidence of him showing any interest in female characters romantically/sexually and also as a gay man i've kinda latched onto him as a source of gay representation

OH GOOD. I was reading all that and was like 'no, he could still be bi or something...' until you got to him not having shown any interest in women at all. Agreed, he's gay - I'd REALLY like if Gaia would out and say it though. That might just be because of my general feelings on queer erasure in general and bi erasure in particular, though.

I am seriously glad they went there with him, but again, it'd be super nice to have the words said in canon, and have a few other queer characters pop up.

CRESOLAE IS SOMETHING I SWING BACK AND FORTH ON BUT if it's a possible vehicle for a queer relationship then I am all for it. emotion_dowant But like... even though Nicu is confirmed not straight on tentacl, that can't really be claimed here? Ugh. Cresento and Nicolae seem to be used more as fangirl fodder, though, and even their awkward relationship has barely been explored in the manga (outside of one-off pictures and mini-comics that imply something else is there anyway). In a way, it's good because that's not really plot relevant atm, but then queerness is always delegated to a plot device or not mentioned and oh my god stop me I've said queer way too many times now and this has turned into a tirade.

Mega Noob

RON BRUISE-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THE WARRIOR OF MY HEART. SUPER TRILLIONAIRE WHO MAKES MOVIES. JUMPER ON COUCHES AND INTO MY ARMS.

Not going to lie, I shed a tear when they said he "left" to go "start a career in alien movies". MY LOVE. ONE DAY YOU WILL RETURN TO OUR SOLAR SYSTEM. ONE DAY. crying

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
I miss the Gravekeeper and his ghostly companions in the 2k10 Halloween event. They even roamed around in the forums and accepted friend invites. xd I mean a Ghost Pancake npc is just heart along with Noo who seems to criticize everyone's fashion taste and Mantis Sr.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Me! ...wait...I don't count as a side character? Dangit!

I'm pretty sure they people will know that my answer would be Meredith. Can never go wrong with more Meredith in my Gaia life...

Tipsy Lunatic

Buttons the Pierrot, if RIG character's count.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
Kotton Belle
Sukegawa

OH GOOD. I was reading all that and was like 'no, he could still be bi or something...' until you got to him not having shown any interest in women at all. Agreed, he's gay - I'd REALLY like if Gaia would out and say it though. That might just be because of my general feelings on queer erasure in general and bi erasure in particular, though.

I am seriously glad they went there with him, but again, it'd be super nice to have the words said in canon, and have a few other queer characters pop up.

CRESOLAE IS SOMETHING I SWING BACK AND FORTH ON BUT if it's a possible vehicle for a queer relationship then I am all for it. emotion_dowant But like... even though Nicu is confirmed not straight on tentacl, that can't really be claimed here? Ugh. Cresento and Nicolae seem to be used more as fangirl fodder, though, and even their awkward relationship has barely been explored in the manga (outside of one-off pictures and mini-comics that imply something else is there anyway). In a way, it's good because that's not really plot relevant atm, but then queerness is always delegated to a plot device or not mentioned and oh my god stop me I've said queer way too many times now and this has turned into a tirade.

oh god, i really hate queer erasure AND queer baiting
looking at YOU supernatural
if DANCE could become canon, that'd be fantastic
and yes, if nicolae could be confirmed queer on gaia, since tentacl is meant to be completely seperate, that'd be fantastic

admittedly, the only reason i started to pay attention of nicolae and cresento is cresolae
cresento annoys me too much for me to like him but nicolaes grown on me and now i actually kinda like him

and holy nyx yes, queerness that isn't a plot device pLEASE
yeah, its cool to have a queer relationship as the main focus in a plot, like romance stories do with straight relationships, but not all the goddamn time
seriously, can't i have a queer character who's queerness is a minor fact?
how hard is that?????

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
Razumi Yazura
Me! ...wait...I don't count as a side character? Dangit!

I'm pretty sure they people will know that my answer would be Meredith. Can never go wrong with more Meredith in my Gaia life...

rofl I didn't even think of that! You probably do count as a side character now. Are you actually your favourite, though? ;3

YESSSSS MEREDITH. <333333 She never gets enough love. One day I hope for a slightly more interactive bank, with an updated picture of her...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff