Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>Theory Posting Guidelines
How to make a thread and not get flamed, ridiculed, or otherwise collectively thwapped upside the head by the GCD as a whole.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.</center>

I've noticed a trend in the forum where the life of a thread will look something like this:

Post 1: Theory

Post 2: "o wow that kewl."

Posts 3+: "STFU, NOOB, you're SO WRONG."

To help all you plot-minded GCD posters avoid this tragic fate for your thread, you should try to follow some simple and easy guidelines which should help your thread become more successful.

1. Logic. Using logic in your theories would seem to be commonsense, but apparently it is NOT. For example, a theory that reads, "Oh, I think Gino shot Gambino," would be a bad example of logic (In my opinion, of course.), due to the fact that Gino does not have a gun and was running toward his father with joy when the shot hit Gambino. When proposing ideas, make sure that you have facts backing up your conclusions, not just assumptions. Saying that Gambino was shot is fine, but saying that Gambino obviously was shot in the back is NOT. It is an assumption you make, as there is evidence on all sides, no pun intended. Facts are good things, but we can't make them up. If you make up facts, you will get thwapped, because making up facts is dumb.

There is a helpful theory called Occam's Razor, which states that the simplest conclusion, the one with the least variables, is most likely correct. Don't be introducing things into your theories just because they're cool... Because that's probably not right, or even plausible.
    Something else you should remember is that you have to SHOW your logic. Not everyone can read minds like you can. We need to see your thought process, as it will help us follow along and form conclusions that are helpful in discussing your theory.

2. Perspective. This is anime, at its core. Physics are fun to discuss, but keep in mind that they don't matter one bit. Your evidence may not be evidence that matters. The rule of thumb here is that things will happen, regardless of what laws they break, and once they happen it's useless to tell us why they can't happen, because they did.

3. Format. Title your theory with a descriptive and accurate title. Titling your theory "OMGZ LOOKIE!!" is not only annoying, it doesn't help your theory stand out from the other fifty threads with the same title. Inside the post, you should word your theory well, with proper grammar, good spelling, capitalization, and decent sentence structure. Not only will this give you credibility, it will make comprehension easier for the readers and it will lessen any misunderstandings based on incorrect verbage.

4. Participation. Defend your theory in your thread, or discuss it. Stick around, post, have a good time. Prepare to be proven wrong on minor or major points. This is all for fun anyway, so you may as well stick around and enjoy the fun you've created with your topic. Be nice to people that are making valid points, because being not-nice to people that make valid points makes you look like an a**. Tell people when you're leaving the discussion so they don't talk at you and get mad when you don't answer.

<center>Theory Discussion Guidelines
How to talk in a thread without looking like an a**.</center>

Now that you've made that thread, what do you do? You spend the next 10/100/1000 pages discussing the implications, faults, and insightful parts of your theory. Basically, you need to treat every post you make like it is your theory. Make sure it's factual, make it neat and organized, and stick to the rules above when you post. It's fun having a discussion when you are engaging in polite intellectual debate, but when you start getting sensitive about people disproving you, or start introducing erroneous information, then that spoils it. So, just be smart, don't take it personally what people say, and have fun!
I the Gaia GCD forum helper hope this gets stickied. 3nodding

500 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
nothing..just doing something ignor me.
Awesome, Trisk 3nodding
Labtech CJ
I the Gaia GCD forum helper hope this gets stickied. 3nodding
That would make my day. *grins*

@IHD: Thankee. biggrin
I see your campaign to take over the GCD is going well, Trisk. heart
Another top of the line thread by trisk xd
Sirail
*tosses mind control sauce on the thread*

Shhhh...

Dapper Humorist

[sarcasum]STFU, NOOB, you're SO WRONG[/sarcasum]

7,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
TriskDaemon
Sirail
*tosses mind control sauce on the thread*

Shhhh...
Taco sauce? @w@

omgguldmedl4j00. Yes, I had to type crappy for that sentence. Good work. ^-^
One question trisk, Do you think my current sig breaks the 500x500 Rule?

I didn't think it did because of the Align Property making it move to where the edge of the page is, but I have been told that it's to big.
Absolute Shadows

I didn't think it did because of the Align Property making it move to where the edge of the page is, but I have been told that it's to big.

it could be past 100kb, thats another restriction. 3nodding
Absolute Shadows

Actually, I think it did. I was going to say something, but I forgot. I added up the pixels and it was just a smidge too large.

@Lulu: Thanks!
The sizes is a bit over 50kb

@Trisk - I took out the Lanzers wrath Picture now.
Absolute Shadows
The sizes is a bit over 50kb

@Trisk - I took out the Lanzers wrath Picture now.
That should be okay, as long as the two inverted pics are clearly ABOVE the banner.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff