Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Giver

I recently learned that an old, forgotten friend I went to elementary school with is now an actor in a moderately successful TV comedy. Not only did it make me reexamine my life, but I came to the realization that a handful of the people we know or knew are one day going to end up doing pretty well. Maybe they'll become famous, maybe they'll build a business that becomes a Fortune 500 company.

Gaia is a forum of millions of users. There is a good chance at least a few of them are one day going to be a household name. Imagine it, that troll in The GD suddenly finds his life's calling and becomes a comedian and makes it big. Do you think he'll fondly remember the days when he was making UR MOM jokes on a forum? Will he still come here from time to time?

gaia_spoons If you become famous, would you make time to login to Gaia every now and then?
gaia_spoons Would you ever mention Gaia in an interview?

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
What are you talking about I am Famous I am Fishman!

Seriously though I would come one Gaia when i had time but I wouldn't tell people Gaia I can be do whatever i want and no one knows who I am that anonymity is important to me.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We'd stay on Gaia.

It's not as if we'd advertise though.

Anonymity is sometimes a nice thing.

Handsome Man-Lover

I have a sort of love-hate relationship with 'fame'. Sure if you do a good job you want some aknowledgement, but ******** if I don't hate getting attention DX *hisses and hides in the shadows*

I've been moderately well-known in certain fandoms before and I disliked it immensely, so if I ever got famous for real I'd be an extreme recluse (even moreso than now!) and skirt all interviews that can be skirted emotion_awesome I'd become famous for stuff people don't go bonkers about in general though (I might write a book or draw a comic most likely), so eh.

I doubt the fact that I'm on Gaia would be some deep dark secret; I'd like to think I don't have anything to feel ashamed about. And whether or not I'd still frequent the site would prolly depend on my stress levels. And I get stressed pretty easily xp

Tricky Cat

If I became famous it'd be because I took my sorry a** off of the internet and started to do productive things.
And if I became famous, hell no I'd never mention gaia; this place is literally a s**t-hole, albeit an entertaining to read s**t-hole. Gaia's looked down upon by nearly every other site I frequent.

4chan respects neopets more than gaia, for ******** sake.
- If I still enjoyed the site, sure.

- Probably not, I don't see how it would come up anyway. I would have no reason to talk about my other hobbies unless they were the reason I was famous, so no need to mention Gaia either.

Magic Warrior

Well, being famous wouldn't really be a thing that would keep me from coming here. I started going on here as a kid when I was bored and unimportant, and with my life taking a turn towards being busy and quite more important, I do still keep up with coming on here every now and then.

Though I don't really spread the word about Gaia like I used to. Nor would I if I became famous.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
I came here to Gaia to preserve my privacy and anonymity in the Internet...and that is usually the first thing a someone loses when he/she/it becomes famous.

Maybe the most that I can do to promote the site is wear a shirt with Gaia NPC's done by a popular artist current or inactive (Finni, Jen Zee, o_8, DrinkyTengu, VO and reapersun ), then just let the viewer try to trace where the source of that pic is.

xd That's how I got hooked on some oldschool sentai anime though. One popular matinee idol in my place a few years ago wore shirts portraying those

Leader

If i became famous i will have more serious thing to do then gaia , but i'll keep in my memory's that i have spend time in this community smile .

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
lol if I were famous, I'd be able to buy EVERYTHING I WANTED.

But seriously, Gaia's my "dirty little secret"... I'd probably still login, but I wouldn't tell anyone about it!

Divine Muse

If the book I an writing every becomes a best seller, people will see old Gaia usernames in the dedication.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

If I ever became famous, I'd still use Gaia. I just wouldn't advertise my celebrity status here, or on any other website, because I wouldn't want to be hounded by rabid fans (and haters). For the same reason, I wouldn't mention Gaia in an interview. Gaia would be my hiding spot away from all the pressures of fame.

That being said, I really don't think I'll ever have that problem.

Wild Bookworm

I'm not famous, but I did work on the movies All Dogs Go To Heaven and Land Before Time. Does that count? lol
Edit: I know a guy here who's dad is a very well known actor.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100

If I was famous, people would have to figure out who I was. Seriously. I wouldn't go around giving my secret identity away.

In a relationship with my viola

Greedy Capitalist

12,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
I'd log on I guess, but why would I want to actively mention it unless prompted? If I became famous, I'd try to keep my personal life from interfering with my professional activities. When the two mix, we all know what can go wrong...just read any tabloid...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff