Your mum is a matchwhore. 0.2375 23.8% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]
< 1 2

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Every so often someone posts in a topic that's commonly seen in the GCD, saying something to the effect of 'this ought to be in AT.' I'm thinking particularly about RIG item listings, but I know there are other categories of GCD thread that get that reaction.

The biggest thing I'm wondering about now is, will RIG item listings and other types of threads about avatar-equip items, that have traditionally been in the main GCD forum, get moved to Avatar Talk when it graduates from GCD subforum to main forum in its own right?
Only thing relevant to me is the art thing, since I lurk the AF a lot... Would make more sense to have all that in the artist's corner rather than mini shops, but megh.

Wild Bookworm

It's about time they got the janitors in here! xd

Anyway, I don't really care where they put anything, I guess it will take a short while to get used to the changes but that's ok.

I JUST WANT A GCD CHAT FORUM!! crying

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I think the change is great. I'm looking forward to it. 3nodding
I agree that AT should get its own forum, but the new GD stuff seems kind of confused .

But the art forum idea is AWFUL. I am pissed off when people post they are looking for freebies in the main shop section, now it would be like that ALL THE TIME?!!? gonk

A Friend

Platonix
The biggest thing I'm wondering about now is, will RIG item listings and other types of threads about avatar-equip items, that have traditionally been in the main GCD forum, get moved to Avatar Talk when it graduates from GCD subforum to main forum in its own right?

I'm thinking they'll be moved into the Guides & Resources forum, like always.
They're less avatar/item discussion oriented and more for reference purposes.
I couldn't really see them being relocated to the AT.

But yeah. I'm glad the forums are being cleaned up!
Especially the Ragnarok Online subforum; that place is deader than dead. Shame.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Emmitt
I agree that AT should get its own forum, but the new GD stuff seems kind of confused .

But the art forum idea is AWFUL. I am pissed off when people post they are looking for freebies in the main shop section, now it would be like that ALL THE TIME?!!? gonk

Umm, no more then they do now?
They arent being moved per say...they are being shadowed. So you are still going to be able to access them from minishops.

Dead Hellraiser

Wait, Avatar Talk gets a main forum move before Word Games and Others? That hardly seems fair, considering Word Games is WAY more active and doesn't really fit as a subforum of the GD as it is.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i'm glad the art shops/requests forums are going to be accessible from places other than mini shops. i move threads in art discussion and gaia art walk and all i ever seem to do is move misplaced shops/requests from them. sweatdrop

but maybe it won't help much. art shops is already clearly visible from mini shops yet another of my main jobs consists of moving misplaced art shops from mini shops..

Aekea Soldier

Antiq

I JUST WANT A GCD CHAT FORUM!! crying

I thought the GCD was a chat forum lol
For staff at least.

On a serious note, I don't think this will affect the forums I usually frequent so I'm all in favour for a little switch around. I'm not entirely sure if I understood the GD plans, but I have spent a total of four minutes in GD so I'll assume it's something the regulars of that forum would understand better XP

3D DEXCAT's Bride

Dainty Bunny

I like the idea. Better organization makes this gaian a happy camper.

Speaking of organization, can't we have a modified inventory where we can group items easier than what we have currently?

Dangerous Loiterer

I just don't understand the GD thing. Isn't Chatterbox basically the 'light discussion' GD? I'll be
          interested to see how long the new GD lasts before it's spammed with the same stuff that's in
          both the GD and the CB.

Salty Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The AT and new Art Forum are going to get spammed.
The New/Old GD is going to be hell on earth and a new 4Chan and the "Discussion" GD is going to be lamer than Heaven.
Sorry to sound so bitter but I just don't feel these changes are going to be 'improvements' as much as just make things different or irrelevant. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff