Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Treasure

Do you ever remember something about gaia that you've forgotten about, often for no reason at all?

Perhaps it was because it was removed from or changed on the site, or the community as a whole lost interest in it.

It could be a particular feature, like the world map, or a particular type of gaian, like poll whores.

Do these kind of things make you feel nostalgic, or are you glad they're gone? What made you think of it?

I was reminded of a few things today. The poll whores inspired this thread - I used to be one, but because polls were nerfed in terms of gold earning, it faded as a term, although I see it on occasion. Another was the Bebo Gaia widget, where we got our go phones. Remember the stock avatars they had if you weren't logged in?

Good times, good times.

Hesitant Mystic

aw, bebo. -nostalgia-

it doesn't really count as a feature, but whenever I see someone wearing the Butterfly Mantilla it reminds me of when I first started on gaia, it was the item that I desperately wanted back in the day. :3

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I randomly remember the movie theater feature we had. I didn't really use it much, but I liked knowing it was there.
There was something extra cool about thinking my avi could visit a virtual movie theater. Such a cute little detail for a virtual world....

Questionable Mage

It's a little sad when some items I coveted as a newb are dirt cheap now (and I no longer want them). On the other hand, older is certainly not always better.

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Member 100

Precious Treasure

Milk Kittea
User Image
I randomly remember the movie theater feature we had. I didn't really use it much, but I liked knowing it was there.
There was something extra cool about thinking my avi could visit a virtual movie theater. Such a cute little detail for a virtual world....

Wow, I remember that now. That makes me really nostalgic. I used to make a j-music video playlist and watch it by myself. x3

Fluffy Treat

Milk Kittea
User Image

yah, and i liked some of the cheap old movies, like Night of the Living Dead.

4,250 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
Nice biggrin

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
I kinda miss the Bebo thing. Kinda silly, but I do. I liked having a place to go to much about and earn items.

Nimble Explorer

teaparty in space
aw, bebo. -nostalgia-

it doesn't really count as a feature, but whenever I see someone wearing the Butterfly Mantilla it reminds me of when I first started on gaia, it was the item that I desperately wanted back in the day. :3

Haha, seeing the Butterfly Mantilla reminds me of years ago as well. It wasn't the object of my item-lust (this would have been the Angelic Camisole), but it still reminds me of those days.

Every time I go into Fishing, I get hit with a tiny wave of nostalgia. That used to be the only thing I'd ever really do here, when I first started. Can't tell you how proud I was when I got my Yellow Guppy cap, which I spent so much time fishing up fishies for. I'd wear it with everything, whether or not it looked good xD

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
That Bebo widget is how I got into facebook in the first place. Because they had that as a facebook widget too. I'm such a geek, my friends couldn't even convince me to join facebook, I had to be swayed by something that involves Gaia....

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
I remember when there were well known users in GD that were really before what we now know as prommies. I also remember where the term "prommie" came from.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100

Codebreaking Survivor

I remember when the GCD was created. Heck, that was also back when the AT was a subforum of the GD. So glad that that isn't true anymore! lol

And OMGosh @ Bebbo and FaceBook widgets. Yeah, that's the only reason I joined FB in the first place and now it's just about taken over my time ninja
User Image

Apocalyptic Worshipper

Nemariel
I remember when there were well known users in GD that were really before what we now know as prommies. I also remember where the term "prommie" came from.

nice avatar 3nodding

and I used to fish so much, then my pc broke and I ended up with a really shitty one, and couldn't fish at all...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff