Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

Response to Baneful:
First, you are not calculating the amount of people on all of the hotels the Habbo Hotel people own. There's one for the key countries such as Canada, U.S., Spain, Britain, and Germany yet there is one Gaia Online so 14,000 people compared to the 40,000 people they have at a quiet time isn't really comparable. That is the one thing people don't realize, there isn't just one Habbo Hotel, the ".com" address goes to the most recently made hotel.

Secondly, no one is changing Gaia into a happy-go-lucky chatroom, I have already responded to something like this.. "Second thing is just because there is a pixel world for people to explore, doesn't mean that the customizable avatars would just go. It would merely just gain more of an audiance for them. The people who are against the world, won't be forced to explore it. The ones who are against the forums, don't have to post on it."

Response to [Impudent]:

I have already commented to a response like yours too.. "Forth thing, about the whole thing of them charging.. Charging is not necessary to run the world. Habbo Hotel does not charge nor does Coke Music does not charge. What Habbo Hotel does is they charge for currency, you pay a couple dollars for 25-200 credits or something like that. Gaia Online could do that, for those who are willing to pay for gold in bulk, they can set up a system for that. Which I don't see a problem with since so many people have suggested that already. On top of that they have people donating money for the donation items as well. By doing that they will make a profit off of it (if that didn't gain them a profit I highly doubt Habbo Hotel would have a different branch for every key country).

Lastly, yes that is what I would like to see but it isn't solely me with this idea. I never vocalized this idea before, and I just realized that Lanzer had some sort of idea for Gaia Towns and I was making my suggestions about that. "

Response to Cold_Justice:

That is very true, it is a possibility, but that is a possibility without there being a chat room. People can be perverts through private messaging, they could exchange emails/instant messagings names and do it there, they could do it in whatever chatroom that has been said they are adding. That is always a risk.

Response to bluewave:
Thank you, I greatly agree with you.

Response to baneful:
This isn't a change for the worse, it is for the better..it is for growth. If my idea was in fact what the project was, how do you know that they might not trying to expand Gaia beyond mere roleplaying? Making it something greater than a chatroom? Making it a bigger and better community which is on a level that no other site is on yet?

You can't knock it until you try it, and until it is on the site if it what the project actually is. If the project is something along the lines of my ideas, then you will have the chance to try it and if you still don't like it say so. Like people keep telling me, "This is a roleplay site. Go to Habbo Hotel". If you want a site that isn't going to grow, change, or evolve over time maybe you should go to Avid Gamers and find one of the thousands of roleplay sites they offer there.

And one more thing about Gaia Online being purely a roleplay site.. How many roleplay sites have an avatar system? How many have a fishing mini game? How many have homes? If you want a roleplaying site, this isn't the usual roleplaying site.
Go to Habbo or Coke if you don't like it here. stare
it would be interesting to see that idea in motion but the outcome i hope would turn out good... question
I think its a great idea, but it would seem to be mainly for RPers, what if they showed your avatars image and when you typed it would make a speech bubble? There would be a backround and such. It would be awesome. But they'd have to keep the forums in a diffrent section, tis the main idea of gaia to begin with. Even if the admin and such did decide to do this, it would be a long project, and by long, I mean REAALLYYY long. sweatdrop
I like your Idea's , but of gaia made all the changes that you wanted then maybe it would be so much like that Habbo Hotel ect. that you seem to like
Baneful
I personally find this idea minorly horrific and entirely unfeasible.

Let habbo keep it's chunky pixel graphics and let gaia remain what it is supposed to be..a forum.

Besides, the gaian avatars are really cool looking as they are, to implement them into a game would detract from their customisable capibilities and as a direct result, their uniqueness.

Not to mention that walking around gets boring and could be just as easily rped in the Barton Town forum.

Finally there would be the issue of implementation, how would Gaia's already over-laden servers deal with the pressure of hosting an entirely interactove world? Surely it would get to the point where a compulsory subscription fee must be paid to sustain the site itself? Wouldn't that alienate users who either cannot pay over the internet or cannot afford monthly fees?

I don't like this idea at all really and would suggest that if that is what you want then you go play ROSE or Ragnarok online, games clearly closer to what you want.
3nodding I concur.

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
nice idea 3nodding
in some ways its a good idea but in others its not and it would take ages to get gaia like that
Quick Responses to all the post I haven't responded too..

Thanks to people who like the idea.

Those who are saying this is not the real reason of Gaia or if you don't like Gaia go to Habbo Hotel or blah blah blah against the idea.. once again I say,
My suggestions are based on something that is already in the works called Gaia Towns. So don't flame me and my suggestions saying that you don't like my idea because it isn't just my idea it is possibly a new feature of the site and I am just trying to give them my feedback and suggestions of what I have made it out to be in my head. If you have a problem with my suggestions, oh well I could care less.. but don't put words in my mouth about not liking the site because I never said that. Also don't put words in my mouth about replacing the sites roleplay, which by the way I hardly see go on here anyways(i always see vampire crap,etc..not Gaian Roleplay)So, basically before you come down on me and my suggestions, know the facts about my suggestions are going to something I have seen (though I don't know if the feature is going to be like habbo hotel or not, I am just making the suggestions because that is how I am taking it).
.x.OrBiT.bOi.x.
Quick Responses to all the post I haven't responded too..

Thanks to people who like the idea.

Those who are saying this is not the real reason of Gaia or if you don't like Gaia go to Habbo Hotel or blah blah blah against the idea.. once again I say,
My suggestions are based on something that is already in the works called Gaia Towns. So don't flame me and my suggestions saying that you don't like my idea because it isn't just my idea it is possibly a new feature of the site and I am just trying to give them my feedback and suggestions of what I have made it out to be in my head. If you have a problem with my suggestions, oh well I could care less.. but don't put words in my mouth about not liking the site because I never said that. Also don't put words in my mouth about replacing the sites roleplay, which by the way I hardly see go on here anyways(i always see vampire crap,etc..not Gaian Roleplay)So, basically before you come down on me and my suggestions, know the facts about my suggestions are going to something I have seen (though I don't know if the feature is going to be like habbo hotel or not, I am just making the suggestions because that is how I am taking it).

<center>You asked us to tell you if we liked your suggestion or not. Open your eyes - this is life. People are going to disagree with you.
.x.OrBiT.bOi.x.
And one more thing about Gaia Online being purely a roleplay site.. How many roleplay sites have an avatar system? How many have a fishing mini game? How many have homes? If you want a roleplaying site, this isn't the usual roleplaying site.

<center>But if you add all the suggestions you made, it wouldn't be the usual roleplaying site. It would be Habbo Hotel. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff