Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Autobiographer

cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

What gets me is when people act like, because they asked for it, they're now entitled to it. And they throw a fit if you say anything but "yes". "But I aaasked for it!!! I said please!!! OMG you are SO mean and selfish!!!"

Okay, except, I actually went to the trouble of earning this gold. You believe I should just hand it over for no other reason than, well, of course you should get everything you want. But that's not selfish, to demand and expect other people hand over their work so you don't have to do anything? Oh. Okay.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

I've been getting hit up a lot lately, but I just ignore them and move on.

Though I think it'd be kinda funny to see some Gaia-sanctioned begging rules and guidelines, as layed out by Ol' Pete XD

addicted to cute s**t

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Maiyee
yes I have the same problem and worse yet people pretending wanting to be friends and then asking me for items and gold after

I usually put them on ignorelist or turn off private messages and comments

this

is the reason on why I have my friendlist bloqued....
I used to receive A LOT of friend requests... that ended in CAN YOU HELP ME TO GET THIS ITEM??? or PLEASE PLEASE DONATE MEEEE

¬¬ so annoying!!!
>__<'''

when I get PM's asking for help... I usually don't reply back...
I like to help my friends and sometimes random people I see deserve it.. but I HATE beggers -.-

-back to work-

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I've had a "friend" message me and ask for a donation, so I helped him out just out of generosity. Not five minutes later some other user messaged me asking for money as well. Suspicious, I compared the profiles of my "friend" and the random stranger. Unsurprisingly, they both had the same birthday and I think there were some other things that were exactly the same on both profiles. I told him he was scum and haven't talked to him since, can't even remember his name.

Other than that I don't think I've had that many requests for donations, maybe because my friends know I'm poor in gold.
Did you ever tell them to please stop asking for gold?
I don't care if people ask me (on my main that is), I just say no. If they keep up with it, I can warm them that I might remove them..

Rare

ITS only a Day Dream
Did you ever tell them to please stop asking for gold?
I don't care if people ask me (on my main that is), I just say no. If they keep up with it, I can warm them that I might remove them..

This. I had one girl ask me for donations (the only time I can remember someone asking for something in the past year), and once I told her that she shouldn't go around begging for things from random people, she apologized and said that she didn't know what she was doing was annoying. We even talked a bit after that about non-begging things.

Dapper Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
No they just want to hack me. emo

Nerd

I dislike being asked for stuff. I worked for it, why can't you? I give things away when I feel like it.

I will sometimes receive PMs asking for donations. Depending on their message, I do 1 of 2 things:

1. Ignore the PM (not the user)
2. Offer them a full trade with items I get from daily chance (vary from 20g to whatever amount per item)

Usually, a person is happy/grateful to receive anything. Though, once when I gave one of those trades, she replied "can u give me like items over 100k pls?". This was insulting. I told her not to expect much in the first place, but to ask for MORE? I PMed her back that she asked for a donation, I gave it & she should have been happy to receive anything considering she's begging me for stuff which I have no reason to give to her. And I blocked her. : /
I ignore these people. They try to friend me or PM me without getting to know me.

Loyal Friend

14,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I used to get pms begging me for gold, but not anymore. Thank Goodness! heart
BOOM laying down the law!
This is what its like for me.

anonymous1: "Oh hey Riley nice ninja band can you donate?"
Riley: "Sure here"
-Riley trades 10k gold to anonymous-
anonymous: "Cool thanks my "dream avi" is finished now thanks to you!"
Riley: "Cool! Glad I could help <3"
TWO DAYS LATER!!!
anonymous1: "Oh hey Riley nice monochrome keido I need 50k can you donate for my dream avi?"
Riley: "You literally just asked me to donate for that SAME dream avi 2 days ago and you said it was finished."

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

They're always going to be there.

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ryouko Akizakura
Caffeine Shadow
yea

no

gonk

Invisible Shapeshifter

I feel bad for people who get pestered by people asking for donations. No one ever bothers me about anything.
xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces