Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Hunter

I don't recall having this issue in some years now.
      Although, when it did happen, I simply blocked them.
      I've had a use I've never met before ask them if I would help them get an item.
      The problem I had with this user was because they wanted me to buy them the item I was questing in my signature.
      Seriously, people?
      I was questing it for a friend and clearly made it obvious beneath the quest bar.

Manly Sex Symbol

25,300 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
there are a few people who always ask if i can buy them an item or give them gold. i pretty much just answer with "no". sweatdrop and the same when people ask to borrow my items.
i'll help my friends with quests or buy gifts but not for people asking for it.

Enduring Gaian

Beggers can be amusing. There was one begger I left hanging for years. I'd talk to them every time, let slip some of the s**t I had and yet They never quite succeeded in getting even one gold from me.
I was just curious on how long they'd try.

Partying Fatcat

I have my profile and PMs turned off because people used to spam me constantly to beg for donations, and I also had Exchangers PMing me offers on items I'm not selling, like the Cherubic, literally every time I so much as bumped a thread in the Exchange.

Mega Noob

I've never gotten gold spammers/item spammers.

Obviously I am not a big enough target. xd

Swashbuckling Pirate

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I've only gotten beggars a few times. Usually they were in zOMG. I used to dress like this.

User Image
apparently all the gold makes me a beggar magnet.

This avi never gets beggars. must be my pimp snoop dog hoodie scaring them off. cool

Ignore button is there for a reason.

Muscular Knight

12,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
ive done tests... ive found, you dont want the attention... go for the less popular/underrated items. for whatever reason i have found going with the less popular and mainstream items increased my chances of being left alone.. it honestly works.. 3nodding

Moonlight Sweetheart

24,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
l Poetic I
dreamsk
l Poetic I
I've had to restart account's from scratch 5 time's, Lost millions and item's worth millions. I've worked hard and im once again slowly but surely getting stuff back. Some people are to lazy to earn for themselves. I couldn't ask someone for gold , even if they put it in trade . I'm taking something someone else worked hard for , that to me is just wrong.
I've tipped you and forced my 5g on you. How do you feel about that? lol

Seeing that it's 25 gold lol , i just tipped you it back 3nodding
We both probably got 100g from posting, so I've forced that 100g onto you for replying to my message! Bwahaha!

Sweet Friend

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
koolknight
ive done tests... ive found, you dont want the attention... go for the less popular/underrated items. for whatever reason i have found going with the less popular and mainstream items increased my chances of being left alone.. it honestly works.. 3nodding

XD I've always thought of that, but then it defeats the purpose of earning the items you wanted and never using them on your avatar.

Sweet Friend

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Destrius
I haven't actually gotten a message like that for a while...but I'm not counting the ones begging for my Nice Suit for Work though. xd

The ones that I dislike the most are the Rally thug beggars asking for Lusty Scoundrel, Cloud, or Demonic Anklets...YEAH RIGHT AS IF I WOULD EVER WILLINGLY HELP FURTHER INCREASE YOUR POPULATION. scream

O_o I've always noticed those same items used in the rally, never understood why they are so popular with those groups. I sold my lusty years ago...maybe I should of had saved it until now.

Sparkly Pirate

19,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Citizen 200
Usually when someone asks me for gold, I simply don't respond back.

Dulcet Lunatic

I've actually...never gotten a begging message. I consider myself lucky.

High-functioning Detective

15,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Strawberry-Fappuccino

I only gotten one message....way way back when I got Winter Rose..."hugs."

Philanthropic Tycoon

Some people seem to think that is HOW you make money. Their main source of income is other people.

To be fair, if you're not good at art or exchanging/vending or can't donate then it seems daunting to make gold. That being said, there are still other resources out there like bootygrab (which still can turn a pretty good profit).

Heroic Mage

I haven't received one of those in years...though I've been selling in the marketplace more, and wearing more expensive items. Perhaps my choice in avatar makes them second-guess begging from me. I've been told that I can come off as intimidating, not that I'm complaining.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff