Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
I'm sick and tired of the same people messaging me asking for help to obtain an item because it is too expensive or that they don't have enough gold. Whatever happen to trying to earn the gold yourself to get the item you want?

Do not get me wrong, I've given out TONS of gold to help people plenty of times, but I will only do that unless I get to know you, deem you worthy, we become really good friends, or I WANT to give you gold and help. I've done small contests here and there for fun to give out gold too because I love doing that.

But when people constantly message you and ask to give you gold or even buy you a new item they want, it get's a bit annoying and rude doesn't it? I know people who have lied about themselves to receive gold too, that's just even worse!

Anyone else have the same problem and what do you do?

Edit: Just to clear something, sometimes these messages I get are from Meboo too. I've gotten random PM's too but a lot are Meboo, they find it easier to communicate via quick IM of course. XD

Sparkling Transmutator

I simply block such users for a short time and forget about the whole affair.
Sadly such a population of users seems to always increase in numbers.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Winter Hue

You are right, the population of that group never stops growing, people are too lazy to try and achieve their own items, especially most of the new users of gaia now. Thanks for the comment.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I can't remember the last time I got an outright begging message. Then again, if I did get one, I would likely just delete it without replying unless they seemed to be genuinely new to the site and lost as to how to earn gold. In that case, I would probably reply back with a few of the commonplace tips for earning gold: namely Booty Grab and zOMG.

Generous Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
i have a question for you ... you probably have the answer and ... i have no answers on my topic ... i wanna start a charity ... i wanna know what are the ideas someone can think about to start one ... ... you spoke about contest ... but ... there is starting a new profile and play even more to booty grab and give ... start a link forum page ... for givers and requests ... but what else ... and can you tell me how to make it work enough ... ? i would really appreciate an answer biggrin

Strawberry-Fappuccino
I'm sick and tired of the same people messaging me asking for help to obtain an item because it is too expensive or that they don't have enough gold. Whatever happen to trying to earn the gold yourself to get the item you want?

Do not get me wrong, I've given out TONS of gold to help people plenty of times, but I will only do that unless I get to know you, deem you worthy, we become really good friends, or I WANT to give you gold and help. I've done small contests here and there for fun to give out gold too because I love doing that.

But when people constantly message you and ask to give you gold or even buy you a new item they want, it get's a bit annoying and rude doesn't it? I know people who have lied about themselves to receive gold too, that's just even worse!

Anyone else have the same problem and what do you do?

Profitable Businesswoman

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
yes I have the same problem and worse yet people pretending wanting to be friends and then asking me for items and gold after

I usually put them on ignorelist or turn off private messages and comments

Tipsy Humorist

I've never gotten such a message before. Some people get all the harassment!

Hot Lop

Gosh, it really does bug me when people
keep running back to you for more stuff, especially
after you already gave them something and told
them how to make gold gonk I can't
remember how many times that has happened to me.
I normally put them on my ignore list and forget about it.

Partying Fatcat

14,750 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Haven't gotten messages like that in over a year. :O

I really don't get bothered by it, i just ignore and move on.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Winter Hue
User Image
I do the same. Block and/or ignore any beggars. There's just no point in answering. User Image
            Aside from like once or twice, I actually never get any of those messages.
            And those two were actually asking for a specific item. :T I think I gave one them the item they wanted.
            gonk Am I encouraging such behavior?

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i'm always confused when people talk about this, because i've never gotten a begging pm once in my like, 6 years on here. i'm confused what beggars seem to target, cause some people complain all the time about getting pms, but some people i know have never gotten any.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I assume they come from the marketplace because I have not got a single one since I've edited my marketplace store to be upfront that I don't give out free samples of gold and items. Since that resulted in one PM asking what I meant, I've since reworded to be even more blatant.

If you're getting hounded by beggars, feel free to copy & past the following into your marketplace. [It works for me.]

Quote:
Hello. Welcome to my marketplace shop! Before you PM me, please be mindful that my marketplace spot is not an charity. I am not giving away either items or gold just because because someone decides to send me a PM or profile comment to ask for a donation. Before you seek to inform me that I am a mean and horrible person for not giving you something, please do consider the fact that I consider it to be extremely rude to just expect free hand outs.
Begging works some of the time (which is enough of the time)
and pride isn't necessarily something required online

so I understand why folks do it
It's gotta get boring though

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Sachie Whitby
I assume they come from the marketplace because I have not got a single one since I've edited my marketplace store to be upfront that I don't give out free samples of gold and items.
I agree. Then again, I don't know if people get them simply because they look rich, which would be silly imo, but this is Gaia and I forget how strange of a place it can be.
Even with my poorly worded store front, I think I can count on one hand how many begging PM's I've received.

Nobody likes botherin a rustic faun and his serpentine companion. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces