Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Anyone remember them? Remember the engraving option? Remember when it was removed because kids were putting naughty messages in them?

I sure do. Here's one of my two. The Engraved Silver Wristwatch has a creepy message I'm not wanting to post...

User Image

This one is really sweet. Years ago, some dude got this for his sweetheart as an item. And by the pull and tug of fate, it passed hands to me. I've had this for a while now, can't remember where I got it. But it tells a story, and I think that's beautiful.

gaia_spoons Do you remember Engraving?
gaia_spoons Do you have any engraved items?
gaia_spoons Do you miss the feature, or wish it came back?

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I still have an engraved silver locket.

And wow - checking it again, the engraving is back on it! biggrin I'd thought it had worn off due to a hiatus, and was gone for good.
User Image

One of my Friends has one. I think she got it from a guy I can't remember. I would love if they brought it back, I want to engrave something for a friend of mine.

Tenacious Hellhound

I had no idea this existed at one point. Please tell me more.

Buggy Punk

I think engraving was already gone by the time I joined, but every once in a while I'm tempted to buy something engraved just to see what it says. I'd like to see it come back. Doesn't seem like it be too hard to apply username standards to engravings so they're not offensive or inappropriate.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

I had an engraved item, a long time ago. If I knew they'd be so valuable, I would've held onto it, that's for sure! emotion_awesome All joking aside, I think engraving was a lovely feature, and do wish they would bring it back. It would make for a unique gift, if you couldn't do as much gifting as you'd like. Really, when they introduced the promise rings, I thought they'd bring it back. Maybe a filter could be put in? Wondering about your pocket watch now. surprised

Player

Wow! I wish I was at the time that was still up. Maybe Gaia can bring it back and they can make it to not accept bad/naughty messages. Would be lovely to engrave some items.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Hell_Tutor
It's pretty straight-forward. There used to be a feature for a select few jewelry items from Barton Jewelers that allowed you to type in a message to bind to an item. It stuck to the item's coding as it was generated for your account, keeping it forever.

It was removed a short time later because of profanity and lewd material being engraved.

Tenacious Hellhound

Jazin Kay
Hell_Tutor
It's pretty straight-forward. There used to be a feature for a select few jewelry items from Barton Jewelers that allowed you to type in a message to bind to an item. It stuck to the item's coding as it was generated for your account, keeping it forever.

It was removed a short time later because of profanity and lewd material being engraved.

Oh wow.
They need to bring that back but only allow people to use a words from some.. word selection panel of sorts.. SO we avoid weird or creepy messages.
Because I really want that, it actually makes items mean something, when you offer something to someone.
What years is that from?

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Hell_Tutor
What years is that from?
I don't have an answer and don't know how to get one.

Tenacious Hellhound

Jazin Kay
Hell_Tutor
What years is that from?

xd Okay. I guess it must have been at least from 2k4 to/or 2k5?

Magical Hobo

Jazin Kay
gaia_spoons Do you remember Engraving?
gaia_spoons Do you have any engraved items?
gaia_spoons Do you miss the feature, or wish it came back?

gaia_crown Yes!
gaia_crown No
gaia_crown It might be a fun little feature to bring back, but there would need to be a way to prevent the wrong things from being engraved.

Aged Fox

I had no idea about that. I would love for the to be brought back. emotion_bigheart

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
THAT'S why it was removed? I had no idea. Wait, was it really or is that just speculation?

I'm trying to sell an engraved bracelet for a pile of gold but it's not selling, lol.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Hell_Tutor
Jazin Kay
Hell_Tutor
What years is that from?

xd Okay. I guess it must have been at least from 2k4 to/or 2k5?
That would be my guess.

If I joined in 2005 and I don't remember where I got this, it may predate my account altogether.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff