Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts on Artist Collaboration Mangas?

I like it, I think they should do this more often. 0.50825082508251 50.8% [ 154 ]
I like it, but I think approaching these should be seldom 0.25742574257426 25.7% [ 78 ]
I don't like it, characters should look the same on every page 0.062706270627063 6.3% [ 19 ]
I'm gonna play Switzerland, and have my opinion not count. 0.17161716171617 17.2% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 303 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 57 58 59 >

Magic Hobo

Cursed forever to live in darkness until someone invents sunglasses.

i'm so done *facedesk*

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

Meh. Another boring page that doesn't seem to fit with past logic. It explains why exactly dark elves had to go underground but doesn't explain why neither Luca or Cordell showed any fear to sunlight.

Also, I hate that the font was difficult to read. Picking "pretty" fonts over making sure it's legible (especially in manga and comics) is a huge pet-peeve of mine. emotion_facepalm

Slimy Control

Make a contract with me, and become a magical girl!

I AM DYING. WHAT IS THIS PAGE.
Is Gaia's staff letting their 13 year old kids write their storylines for them now or what?

Professional Alchemist

42,825 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I think admins create this chapter in emergency because there was too few people who choose Franco and the Elves for the next event. They want we feel sorry for Elves with a sad story but didn't think to logical (improvisation and coherence are ennemies)

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I know the Olympics 2008 followup is considered non-canon because it wasn't officially released, but this is just REALLY bad retcon. You'd think being unable to go out in the sun would be MENTIONED at some point rofl Also, seriously, PUT SUNGLASSES ON YOU GUYS. Or get a parasol. Or just a hat with a nice brim. Or any combination of the above!

This is just getting sillier and sillier.
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Cursed forever to live in darkness until someone invents sunglasses.

i'm so done *facedesk*
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to have that thought. rofl

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
K4M
Nice writing but hard to read =P

So technically the dark elves could go outside if they wore sunglasses?

Actually looking back at some of the old art...don't quite a few of them do wear sunglasses?

But yea as a designer, I say no no to the font choice, you can still have beautiful flowing text and not lose readability. Just saying, I went to school for that crap for a reason you know, I had a whole semester on just typography alone.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Ew, way to choose a horrible font that is hard as balls to read, and then bold it to make it more difficult, then also the font doesn't enhance the image in question, then make it so it's completely different from previous pages making a whiplash effect, then choose the most cheesy word choice to describe what's wrong with Dark Elves.

Which in it self is a dumb concept, since when the hell were Dark Elves not capable of going out in the light? They're more like Vampires apparently then the actual Vampires we have here on the site D8

Next thing you know they'll have to eat bloody/raw foods as apart of their apparent curse, then we'd really be cooking with oil!

But seriously, give me a break, so they went nocturnal. All that really does is change their sleeping habits to live at night time, oh noes worse thing ever.

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm chalking it up that Cordell and Don Kuro can go outside to attend Olympic events and Comic Con type events thanks to magic since in the second page it looked like Don Kuro was casting some sort of spell.

Don't know what the spell was but if he's good at it he could probably come up with something to protect him and Cordell.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The arms desperately reaching out towards the sunlight made me laugh. This update was funny!
User Image

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

oh God the font...
there's a LOT of nice and legible fonts DAMN IT
thank for posting what it says here... I couldn't read it in the manga -.-

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Existential Existence
The arms desperately reaching out towards the sunlight made me laugh. This update was funny!
User Image

gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk

-burned eyes-

Peaceful Lunatic

As someone who does have light-sensitive trigger migraines, I know what it's like to have sunlight burning your eyes, so I can sympathize a little. Sunglasses don't always help on bright days; they need to be fully covering so that no sunlight sneaks in. Hats and parasols don't help because reflected sunlight is just as bad, especially in paved areas or places with lots of water.

I don't necessarily excuse the manga writers because of this, though. If your eyes are sensitive to sunlight, chances are you're sensitive to stuff like candles, lightbulbs, and glowy magic effects, so you have to be careful with a lot. It sounds like the biggest loss here was pride, which can be a big motivator to do things.

Reddel's Wife

Hot Wench

the last page totally reminded me of those people in Thundercats that wanted to read a book but ruin their eyes.

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Cerebus05
the last page totally reminded me of those people in Thundercats that wanted to read a book but ruin their eyes.

xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces