Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts on Artist Collaboration Mangas?

I like it, I think they should do this more often. 0.50825082508251 50.8% [ 154 ]
I like it, but I think approaching these should be seldom 0.25742574257426 25.7% [ 78 ]
I don't like it, characters should look the same on every page 0.062706270627063 6.3% [ 19 ]
I'm gonna play Switzerland, and have my opinion not count. 0.17161716171617 17.2% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 303 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 57 58 59 > >>

Profitable Prophet

Anabaena
But it seems the manga isn't finished yet! It now has a question mark again. Or at least, it had one a minute ago. Unless I imagined it!

Edit: I thought I'd share this in this thread too:
User Image

Eventually Peyo's mystery dad will find his way onto that chart.

Formal Elocutionist

Razumi Yazura
TINSTAAFL
So, the don is doing the work of a God?
Perhaps that's why he was "spared"?

Btw kids; manga isn't done!
I might have misread your post, but Luca was not spared. The curse hit him pretty hard that it stunted his growth. Cordell was the one that was "spared."

no, that was my bad. sweatdrop

Tiny Alchemist

I have a feeling Luca isn't cursed, he's just has a disease from being imbred. They clearly had a rule that prohibited them from having relations outside of their clan, and there's typically some level of incest in noble families.

Magic Hobo

Darksp
I have a feeling Luca isn't cursed, he's just has a disease from being imbred. They clearly had a rule that prohibited them from having relations outside of their clan, and there's typically some level of incest in noble families.

Hah! That's a good theory. And then since Cordell was outbred she didn't end up stunted.

Hopeful Girl

Welp. Whoever called that Cordell was a half-blood, congrats. 3nodding And now we know why she has different eye colour.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Forgive my sarcasm, but I have a very bad feeling that this may end up like the Ah! My Goddess movie or Phantom of the Opera. I'm sorry, but someone - possibly her vampire father - has probably tried to be active her life, but can't go about and do it obviously because of Luca and Cordell's mother. Even if it wasn't her father, I wouldn't be surprised that another vampire might be Zhivago's "competition" for Cordell's affections.

Of course, that would all depend if there were any men in her life that watched her grow up and she didn't tell Luca about it. However, and I could be wrong, but isn't an incestious desire above the PG-13 rule?

Cluttered Gaian

Odd Cinderella
Welp. Whoever called that Cordell was a half-blood, congrats. 3nodding And now we know why she has different eye colour.

Ah-ah-ah! I disagree, actually. It seems to me from last page that their mother has green eyes.
(Not sure if that means anything, but whatever.)

Hopeful Girl

Sweatpants Princess
Odd Cinderella

Ah-ah-ah! I disagree, actually. It seems to me from last page that their mother has green eyes.
/shrugs.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
No wonder Zhivago finds her interesting, she's got vampire blood in her.

Fluffy Otaku

Sweatpants Princess
Odd Cinderella

In the "Kuros' Induction" item, Luca's eye color is hazel, while Cordell's is green...
So Luca may have inherited his eyes from EdwardElric Daddy Kuro...and Cordell got Mommy's eyes...

Cluttered Gaian

CioccoLatte

In the "Kuros' Induction" item, Luca's eye color is hazel, while Cordell's is green...
So Luca may have inherited his eyes from EdwardElric Daddy Kuro...and Cordell got Mommy's eyes...

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

Fluffy Otaku

Esdella Vie
I'm thinking that it's just as it says, her vampire half took the brunt of the curse, allowing her to grow up healthy, but still become that grey color. I don't think she actually retains any vampire traits, probably more comparable to a human/elf hybrid.

I almost missed that one!

I just realized now that Cordell's been revealed to be half vampire, in the past manga, she never showed signs of the "thirst" or the "fear of the sun" thing....
(i don't think she even has "fangs" either...)

Hmmmm....perhaps some vampire traits are Y-chromosome linked? (like male-pattern baldness?), such that only males inherit them?

Or that the vampire trait that "took the brunt of the curse" is X-linked.....? (such that females offspring are affected...)

Or Cordell may just have inherited more stuff/traits from mommy due to mitochondrial inheritance...(hence she looks more dark elf than vampire)
Quote:
The pattern of inheritance of conditions due to faulty (although i wouldn't exactly call dark elf-genes "faulty" ) mitochondrial genes is often called maternal inheritance. This is because a child inherits the great majority of their mitochondria from their mother through the egg
reference: http://www.genetics.edu.au/Information/Genetics-Fact-Sheets/Mitochondial-Inheritance-Complex-Patterns-of-Inheritance-2-FS12

We totes need a Gaian Genetics Expert....

Wintur's Bestie

O.G. Gaian

*Flails in*

Okay, I'm too drunk to read any other posts right now.
HOWEVER.
Friday XIII is the dad.

/endofdiscussion
/endofdrunkposts.

Distinct Explorer

.....=_= now Cordell's part vampire...? Azraeldamnit
-sighs and headdesks repeatedly- I'm sorry, Gaia writers, but I agree with someone who said this is turning into a really bad fanfic. I'll always be a sucker for your plot, over (cash shop) items, but...Azraeldamnit. Azraeldamnit. Azraeldamnit. I could write a better plot while taking my nightly dump.

It wouldn't come as a shock to me if gaia revealed that they hired Stephanie Meyers to write their plot, at this point.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
I found that amusing that it was outright said she's half-vampire. No hints, just straight up, "Herp. I'm half vampire!" It's clearly something suppressed especially since we've already been made aware she doesn't think too highly of vampires. Or that could just be daddy issues, what with her not exactly having one.

The Von Helson being the vampire theory is loosing some footing with me. I think Cordell would have figured that one out with her special skill.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff