Hi-Potion
TINSTAAFL
Hi-Potion
a Foure
Hi-Potion
Who informed you about stockpiled REIs?

It makes sense.
Webcomics are often stockpiled.
Make 100 pages, release one weekly while working on 100 more.
"Make sense" isnt a proper answer, though. He said he was informed that they had dozens of premade REIs in storage.

I was informed, by a developer of Gaia. Though I'm not sure of an exact number.
To not get them in trouble for releasing this information, I'm going to have to keep it at anonymous.

@ Lazarus: HELL YES. cool

@ Chibi Halo: "Bigger and better things" is a matter of opinion.
But thats hardly a proper answer either~
Ive been told things by Gaia devs and posted those things before.

I know, but I have alot of respect for this dev. If this says anything, if a developer comes in here saying that I'm wrong on this, I'll call them out as a liar. This kind of information I feel isn't supposed to be known by the large community. But in order for EI's to be brought back, I'm willing to take the risk.
I personally don't care for the original Evolving Items. They just seemed like such a long winded take on a single theme where some of the poses aren't even worn.
Rapid Evolving Items are the way forward. It would only be for nostalgia if they were brought back and I doubt that very much.

A Friend

Classic EIs demand a lot of time from the artists and a lot of patience from the users.

REIs are easier on everyone. The artists can do all the work beforehand and users get a quick & predictable evolution cycle.
It's incredibly mundane and it literally bores me to tears, but it works and it pays the bills.

If EIs did return, I'd expect them to be in the same format as the Zodiacal; a year-long cycle, 1499GC.

Formal Elocutionist

Resden
I personally don't care for the original Evolving Items. They just seemed like such a long winded take on a single theme where some of the poses aren't even worn.
Rapid Evolving Items are the way forward. It would only be for nostalgia if they were brought back and I doubt that very much.

Only filler poses aren't worn. Example, fallen wish, when it has 6 different stages of the dragon almost looking the same in each one. I've seen many a user use things I'd consider useless, to it's full extent. I don't consider many poses useless anymore, if they're unique enough.

Precious Nerd

TINSTAAFL

I have a suggestion: While Gaia releases some older REI's, why not let that time be used to help the artists work on a Long Term EIs?

I wish we had REIs in inventory... I really do! It would help us from going crazy during these super busy months with so many events going on. crying

We did have several REIs in stock way back at the beginning when we were first experimenting with them.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
TINSTAAFL
Bob Dobbs
Didn't people already try this route to save ZoMG?

"Buy everything they come out with to save the game!"

So I will pass, it is their company and they will do what they want despite our yammering. For $20 I can get over 10 discounted games on Steam that required a hell of a lot more effort than recoloring some pre existing thing.

Other people can be free with their money if they choose, but I seek value, not just yet another "pretty" overpriced bauble.

The difference is, there's still hope for actual EI's to come back.
But, if saving EI's isn't your thing. Or perhaps the bundle just doesn't appeal to you, or you just think it's too expensive, etc... Then by all means, no-one's forcing you to.

I am aware of this, however, I wanted to express my opinion regardless.

Formal Elocutionist

milkbun
TINSTAAFL

I have a suggestion: While Gaia releases some older REI's, why not let that time be used to help the artists work on a Long Term EIs?

I wish we had REIs in inventory... I really do! It would help us from going crazy during these super busy months with so many events going on. crying

We did have several REIs in stock way back at the beginning when we were first experimenting with them.

Those could be the one my friend was talking about possibly. What happened to these old REI experiments that were never released? What is preventing them from being released now? I'm sure Gaia could put some sort of price tag, if 499 is too low or high.

Precious Nerd

TINSTAAFL
milkbun
TINSTAAFL

Those could be the one my friend was talking about possibly. What happened to these old REI experiments that were never released? What is preventing them from being released now? I'm sure Gaia could put some sort of price tag, if 499 is too low or high.

They have all been released.

I'm hopeful, like you, that in the new year we have more time to release some full EIs though~!

Distinct Warlord

milkbun post got me depressed emo

I really liked your idea, Tin.

Formal Elocutionist

milkbun
TINSTAAFL
milkbun
TINSTAAFL

I'm hopeful, like you, that in the new year we have more time to release some full EIs though~!

I know for a fact they all haven't been. The developer whom informed me of these older REI's being in storage, actually has one in storage. Not every Friday has to have an REI evo, and if any of this other stuff could fill that quota in order to help you guys out...

I do hope we will see long-term EI's in the future. If anyone's interested, a "season EI" has been mentioned before in the past. I thought it'd be a nifty higher dollar EI.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I don't mind waiting for the items to evolve as long as they're worth waiting (and purchasing). Most of the REIs don't give me that satisfaction so it's easy to choose between EIs and REIs. Although there are few good REIs most of them have repetitive poses.

Formal Elocutionist

Ungoliath

Don't give up that easily bro. heart
They must live again!

Distinct Warlord

TINSTAAFL
Ungoliath

They must live again!

I gave up on Gaia long time ago. Now I just enjoy the little happiness I can grasp.

emo

Formal Elocutionist

Ungoliath
TINSTAAFL
Ungoliath

They must live again!

I gave up on Gaia long time ago. Now I just enjoy the little happiness I can grasp.

emo

I've been there with ya. Almost quit a few times this year, but couldn't.
I still fight. This site is worth fighting for.

Angelic Nitemare

milkbun
TINSTAAFL
milkbun
TINSTAAFL

I have an idea in that bit. (BTW, sorry we didn't talk much when I visited...you were so quiet, and I didn't wanna scare you...)

One, and you all might hate this: Discontinue regular EI reports. The time devoted to those can be better spent on doing what you guys would rather do. A report for a release, and a finale would suffice, and the occasional dev alert (Which should be automatically on anyway for everyone. Why the heck wouldn't you want to know what's going on?!) for ones like Bunihilation evolving would suffice. Or time it's evos with a release/finale.

Two, work on the EIs like you would the REI. Do the poses up in advance. (For some reason, I have it in my head previous poses for EIs were done on a evo by evo basis. if this has changed, muy bien.) Don't even worry about releasing the EI till you have a baseline number of poses for them. This will allow you to have a deeper story like the EI's allow for, without having to try to work up on a moment's notice. Allow the artist working on them a set timeframe, and ROTATE who is working on EIs that period. So artists don't get burned out. (Say, you and Prism on the first two, Drawing type persons Cee and Dee on the next two, etc.)

Three, the multiple artist EIs are nifty, but one you guys have not tried yet is a single pose from each artist in the building. While this one might work better as an event/freebie EI, in case it sucks eggs (Some of those peeps in house can't draw all that well...no offense to them, but coding and drawing is never the same thing. sweatdrop ), I think it might be a great way to showcase the talents of some of the folks that work there that we sometimes don't get to see much from.

Four, maybe a contest/challenge for some of your contract artists: design an original EI with around 60 poses and storyline, and finished by a certain date. Top 5 make it in and are sold by Gaia. Some of them might surprise you.

Five, eliminate the multiple generation concept. 2 generations, like the REIs, would work just as well with regular EIs.

And lastly, not to toot my own horn TOO badly, but you could always use the idea I had with the Paint Shaker, and do your own twists on it for an REI. Recolors are somewhat easier than straight up pose layout (At least from personal experience) and could be a nice way to revisit past REIs or EIs.

Just a few ideas... 3nodding

EDIT: All that being said, I know the in house reason why they stopped. It's understandable, but only if the practices behind the items remained the same. The above fixes some of the main issues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff