Sure do. 0.83815028901734 83.8% [ 145 ]
Not really... 0.063583815028902 6.4% [ 11 ]
a long term premium EI? what's that? 0.040462427745665 4.0% [ 7 ]
this really doesn't effect me 0.057803468208092 5.8% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 173 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Formal Elocutionist

milkbun

I'm hopeful, like you, that in the new year we have more time to release some full EIs though~!

This isn't your typical Bundle. It's entirely centered on 3 year old EI's. Made before CI's took over.

Gaia looks at the number of sales these EI rereleases make. Buying one may re-establish to Gaia that we are still very interested in the older style EI's. Not just REI's and CI's. From what the devs told me, Gaia never intentionally put regular EI's on the back burners.

MoonRosePetal
User Image

I definitely miss the normal/long-term EIs. I remember always having to log in on Friday to catch what evolved and then discussing in the various long-term EI discussion threads. Now? You know what's evolving, you can assume certain poses, and discussion is mostly isolated in the fan threads. No excitement, no surprises, and less discussion. :/

For a couple years now, Gaia has been in what many around here will agree with defining as, the dark age of Evolving Items. With EI artist's neglecting a much larger project, and choosing the quicker, more acceptable route of a Rapid Evolving Item. Most of these REI's are usually already complete by the time they're released into the Cash Shop. Making the REI's feel more to me like the artists are trying to fill a quota. In the end, the concepts are less original, and somewhat become predictable before the EI finishes. On the plus side to REI's though, there's usually no filler poses.

This may come to many of you as a surprise; but from what I've been informed, there are a few REI's in storage. Already complete, that haven't been released to the public yet. These REI's are not only from artists whom are currently on the EI team, but also from former members of the team as well.

I have a suggestion: While Gaia releases some older REI's, why not let that time be used to help the artists work on a Long Term EIs? That is, if they want to.

Discussion can be found over The Final BLT in the GCD forum
biglanky14
TINSTAAFL
biglanky14
TINSTAAFL
Hey Lanky, something occured to me not too long ago... your job was prioritizing what each department worked on, right?
I was just curious on if regular EI's (non-rapid) happen more frequently once you're gone? Any idea?

Totally honestly, I don't know. We didn't make a conscious decision to de-emphasize them or anything. EI's take a ton of work (and we all know that our track record with some of them wasn't super-stellar). So if there are fewer, it wasn't really due to anything other than that we had a bunch of other stuff to do. But we haven't forgotten them at all, and without promising, hopefully you'll be happy in the near future.

Thanks for letting me know what's up. It's actually been a question haunting me for a few years now. sweatdrop

Just because an EI isn't well receieved a few times doesn't mean it'll always be the case. I think after the Pietro, I've seen alot of users have been wanting another slow slow EI. And, with enough other frequent updates, why shouldn't there be something like it?
At first, I noticed the the reason the Pietro wasn't well received was because none of the devs gave us a heads up how slow it was going to evolve. But During the last 6 or so evos, users were much more in the groove of how the item was taking it's toll, and I suspect there were alot less death threats. sweatdrop

Ha - yeah, we definitely are determined not to let another Pietro happen. But like I said, I don't think you've seen the end of EIs. And keep asking about them around the site too to keep on us.

Dapper Autobiographer

7,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The day the EIs came out was a joyous time for me. I don't remember how it was for everyone else though. (This was the time I didn't understand how forums worked)
Waiting every week for the new phase of an EI was like a mini-Christmas on Gaia for all users and I miss that. Every week was a new discussion of everyone's opinion on the new poses and I really miss that as well. EIs also had the ability to tell stories and keep people anxious with how long they took to evolve, my favorite was Picolittrosso's Urn.

Plus I miss the storyline with Dr. Singh and Timmy. sad

Buggy Mage

I miss them a lot, I just hope they pick a different theme for it this time around. Though Modus had it's moments, I felt it was trying to do what Pietro did in a slightly altered way. Which would have been fine for a REI but each Long term EI, imo should be unique.
Nice bundle they released though. Reve Marin looks cool. 3nodding

Formal Elocutionist

doodliness
The day the EIs came out was a joyous time for me. I don't remember how it was for everyone else though. (This was the time I didn't understand how forums worked)
Waiting every week for the new phase of an EI was like a mini-Christmas on Gaia for all users and I miss that. Every week was a new discussion of everyone's opinion on the new poses and I really miss that as well. EIs also had the ability to tell stories and keep people anxious with how long they took to evolve, my favorite was Picolittrosso's Urn.

Plus I miss the storyline with Dr. Singh and Timmy. sad

It was a very special time for many of us. EI's have had a larger user-base interested in them more than any other Cash Oriented release, in my time here on Gaia. Atleast that's what the forums have shown me.
Sure, we might not get the whole gang back. But if we can get this dead horse up and moving again, I'll be quite happy.

Time-traveling Senshi

They do have some time between events once this one ends and February comes about that they can at least bring up the idea of having another regular EI again. The only problem is the people who would do EIs like that, ethe; Fayren; and pepper-tea to name a few, are working on things like Heralds of Chaos and MoGa. They haven't been working on things for the main site in ages because they're on projects that take them away from the everyday portions of the site. Maybe this would be the perfect chance to see if one of the newer artists would be able to handle a twice a month or once a month evolving item for four months or so.

The thing is when they do do a regular evolving item with all kinds of generations the reception is very mixed. People are glad they're doing one but they get upset with Gaia because it feels like they're scrimping on poses for the amount of cash they're asking for it. That's the hard thing. People are basing the whole pass or fail of the EI on the number of poses an early EI of the same price had and if it doesn't have the same number then they don't want to have it unless something really blows them away. I think that's part of why they're reluctant to try and do more regular EIs.

Formal Elocutionist

Chibi Halo
          They do have some time between events once this one ends and February comes about that they can at least bring up the idea of having another regular EI again. The only problem is the people who would do EIs like that, ethe; Fayren; and pepper-tea to name a few, are working on things like Heralds of Chaos and MoGa. They haven't been working on things for the main site in ages because they're on projects that take them away from the everyday portions of the site. Maybe this would be the perfect chance to see if one of the newer artists would be able to handle a twice a month or once a month evolving item for four months or so.

The thing is when they do do a regular evolving item with all kinds of generations the reception is very mixed. People are glad they're doing one but they get upset with Gaia because it feels like they're scrimping on poses for the amount of cash they're asking for it. That's the hard thing. People are basing the whole pass or fail of the EI on the number of poses an early EI of the same price had and if it doesn't have the same number then they don't want to have it unless something really blows them away. I think that's part of why they're reluctant to try and do more regular EIs.

Would you not trust our new EI artists to handle a bigger project?
I'd love to see what PRlSM would do.
And even though she's not on the EI team, I'd have a feeling Miori would have some kick a** EI's.

:edit:
Etiquette of Evolving Items (from artist to user/or vice versa)
~ [b]Communication.[/b] This is usually a folly on the artists, moreso than the users. We don't need a whole journal entry on the topic, just a simple post in a user fanthread (which, if the EI exists, it's gonna have a fan thread somewhere).
~ [b]Not giving up on the EI.[/b] This goes for users and artists alike. Back in the day, there were "what did users want to see, EI threads" that kept the fire alive and burning under the EI. Giving the artists new and interesting ideas, that helped make a great deal of EI's a huge success. While, if the artists expected an evo and it was delayed, you'd hear a lot of fuss. This is to be expected, not not acceptable. I find users doing this very immature. Remember; writing a 30 minute long post in the GCD about how your fav evolving item was delayed for the 4th week in a row now, isn't the best publicity for that evolving item. (and if you are doing it to bash it... isn't there something better you can do with your time?) And it isn't going to give you what you want either.
~ [b]Not "expecting":[/b] As artists shouldn't expect for their EI to be a huge hit at first, neither should our users expect a given time or amount of poses.

Now if only I could get the community to sign this in blood. sweatdrop

Tricky Cat

I missed the old EIs.
I left gaia when Timmy was still in his mutated stages, and around the time Thuper f*****t and some other pretty GCDer was still around (Maybe if I posted one of her outfits, someone would recognize her...)
Point being, I came back to Gaia this year and saw these.. REIs and was kinda disappointed; they're lower in quality, push me to buy more, dont carry the same thrill and importance of generations. Back when EI's first came out, if it evolved you could only use that evolution's items until the finale, and same with all other previous evolutions. It made for more suspense, eagerness and... celebration for the finale.

I miss that s**t

Edit: another cool thing was investment opportunities.

Masquerade was a bomb at first, then a hit once the make-ups came out.
I miss those risks too!

Sparkling Transmutator

TINSTAAFL
Chibi Halo

And even though she's not on the EI team, I'd have a feeling Miori would have some kick a** EI's.

Miori could kick so much EI a**. I would love to also see EIs or maybe even REIs from Bluefeathers, Lowkei, and reirei.

Dapper Autobiographer

7,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Chibi Halo

pepper-tea was one of my favorite artists due to her work being so tasteful. She also spent so much time actually talking to us users and gathering input and opinions. Something I don't see too often now, but I have been on a hiatus so I don't really know. razz

Ruthless Informer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It would be extremely difficult to feasibly top this bundle. I've very much wanted some more Masquerade's and the Dappy Dandy and Reve Marin (Especially this) are just killer.

So. Much. Blue. emotion_drool heart heart

Formal Elocutionist

Winter Hue
TINSTAAFL
Chibi Halo

Miori could kick so much EI a**. I would love to also see EIs or maybe even REIs from Bluefeathers, Lowkei, and reirei.

I gotta keep reverting back to your artist thread to figure out what they made. I totally agree. 3nodding Especially since a larger EI team could help make it less stressful on everyone. As in, whomever is currently making the EI wouldn't be on the CI team, or wouldn't have to contribute as much. Depending on how long the EI takes. I dunno; just an idea being thrown out there.

I just wanna see long term EIs again. crying

Magic Hobo

I miss the EIs from the heyday of EIs for a very simple reason:

They were worth the ******** money.

So REIs evolve on time. So they're consistent. So WHO GIVES A s**t. The amount of poses they have compared to some of the old 4 and 5 dollar EIs from the past are pathetic. It's less value for your money. Favoring REIs is like paying seven dollars for overnight ******** shipping, when you could wait a week and get it for free. And I hate that Gaia no longer gives us a choice in the matter.

Also, a lot of the new artists are wholesale goddamn WASTED on RIGs. I wanna see what Zimmay comes up with if handed the reins of a story EI.

Formal Elocutionist

Kitty Gnar-Gnar

So REIs evolve on time. So they're consistent. So WHO GIVES A s**t. The amount of poses they have compared to some of the old 4 and 5 dollar EIs from the past are pathetic. It's less value for your money. Favoring REIs is like paying seven dollars for overnight ******** shipping, when you could wait a week and get it for free. And I hate that Gaia no longer gives us a choice in the matter.

Also, a lot of the new artists are wholesale goddamn WASTED on RIGs. I wanna see what Zimmay comes up with if handed the reins of a story EI.

Most deserved tip I've given out in a long time. smile

Magic Hobo

TINSTAAFL
Kitty Gnar-Gnar

Most deserved tip I've given out in a long time. smile

Aw, shucks. redface
When I first saw EI in the announcement I got all excited thinking it was a new EI. Then I took an arrow to the knee realized it was just a bundle. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff