Business Hero

8,325 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(I ran out of room for my title because I wanted to make a pun)
(If this is a repeat thread or similar to another thread...whoops.As usual just trying to create meaningful discussion with less angst).

Hey folks! It's your favorite uncle, Uncle PP! It's been a good while since the last time I've been on-on and not "lemme check my notifications and split" on, been busy with things and busy being sick, but hopefully I'll be around a little more consistently for awhile at least weekly so I can have a topic for you all to marinate on. Onward to this week's topic:

Notable People

So if some of you haven't notice, the past year has been pretty eventful, among other things, not just in regard of the high volume of items we get now, but also high profile items like those nifty Project tickets that come in a variety of colors that do a variety of things. Attached to said tickets are also a variety of users that different parts of the community have known for years or are just now getting to know....for better or for worse. The small boost of star power to someone, especially if they are already somewhat established as a notable figure, can either humble them up, go to their heads, or create no change at all to their overall persona, while also opening up possible opportunities for that person. It can also have an impact on the people that know them personally or the fans of said person, if any, if not giving them a whole slew of people hawking them that they have never seen before. Then again, that comes with the territory when someone gets put in the limelight and this can also be applied to people outside of the site as well. So my questions for you guys are--

yum_donut What notable figures, here and/or elsewhere ( i.e. Youtube, tv, movies, etc.) that have gotten a pretty decent boost of popularity do you know of or have know of for awhile?
yum_donut What are they like? Do they live up to said expectations people center around them? Have they changed some or are they about the same as before?

yum_donut Bonus Question: What is your favorite condiment? I think mine is honey barbeque sauce = w=.