Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever since Durem was released it has always stood out from the rest of the towns of Gaia. Its realisim was a big leap from Barton Town. And since then, the maps that were added have looked more realistic then anime. But maybe the reason Durem has always attracted the appeal to many, and is home to certain residents, is because of its similiarty to Europe.

User Image

1. Big Ben

2. That one thingy.. I don't know what its called, but thats in France.

3. A Cathedrial (sp?)

4. A bigger Cathedrial (sp?)

All four of these things are what France is known for.

And then, to play on the Von Helson vampire rumor, Van Helsing was based in Europe. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). And one last thing, the French are known for the snotty attitudes, and awesome rock bands (ie: Edmund and Moira).

Well, thats my first weird observation on Gaia. Post what you think.

kougramaster666
DrusillaRaintree
Names of the sisters = french names.
City of the sisters = Durem.

Maybe it's related too, thought Durem kinda reminds me Germany. Ah, and Vladmir is a russian/eastern european name. Von kinda reminds me a dutch or german name and Helson sound or german or english.
Durem is a city in England, where I plan to go to university as they have good science courses.
Big Ben is in London.
Big Ben is a clocktower, and it's in LONDON, not FRANCE! gonk
Erm... Big Ben is in London.

It's more of Generic Europe.
TruDistance
Ever since Durem was released it has always stood out from the rest of the towns of Gaia. Its realisim was a big leap from Barton Town. And since then, the maps that were added have looked more realistic then anime. But maybe the reason Durem has always attracted the appeal to many, and is home to certain residents, is because of its similiarty to France.

User Image

1. Big Ben

3. A Cathedrial (sp?)

And then, to play on the Von Helson vampire rumor, Van Helsing was based in Europe. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). And one last thing, the French are known for the snotty attitudes, and awesome rock bands (ie: Edmund and Moira).

hey your right.thats cool.now where are the good lockin french women ninja
Big Ben is in London. neutral You're thinking of the Eiffel Tower.
Big Ben is in London. London, ENGLAND.

The other thing you're thinking of is the Arc de Triomphe (my spelling might be off) which is in fact in Paris. But cathedrals? Those are all over Europe.

Nice try.
modamashi
TruDistance
Ever since Durem was released it has always stood out from the rest of the towns of Gaia. Its realisim was a big leap from Barton Town. And since then, the maps that were added have looked more realistic then anime. But maybe the reason Durem has always attracted the appeal to many, and is home to certain residents, is because of its similiarty to France.

User Image

1. Big Ben

3. A Cathedrial (sp?)

hey your right.thats cool.now where are the good lookin french women ninja

Maybe it's related too, thought Durem kinda reminds me Germany. Ah, and Vladmir is a russian/eastern european name. Von kinda reminds me a dutch or german name and Helson sound or german or english.

Dapper Sleuth

Catherdrals are all over Europe too...

But it is an interesting observation!
You mean L'Arc de Triomphe?
The arc of triumph?

And one of the cathedrals would probably represent Notre-Dame de Paris.
ninja I changed it to Europe.

My stupidity compells me.
It looks more like a mix of all noticeable things in Europe. Edmund as a very German feeling.
modamashi
modamashi
TruDistance

User Image

1. Big Ben

3. A Cathedrial (sp?)

hey your right.thats cool.now where are the good lookin french women ninja
in there bathrooms not shaveing there pits...
DrusillaRaintree

Any name with 'Von" is definately Germanic. "Von" is the German equvalent of "da" in Italian names, as in Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo from Vinci). Apparently, the Von Helsons' ancestors are originally from a city called 'Helson."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff