Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Do you even dive??

I sort of gave up on that feature for the most part, sadly to say. I go there but only occasionally because I know I'll be met with some of the admin's tossed out papers. On very rare circumstances I'll be blessed with an item that's worth more than a few pennies. My eyes light up as I see something I could never imagine being thrown away so carelessly. But alas, for the most part they are not just some unlucky Gaian's mistake, some Gaian's want to surprise someone with the gift that keeps on giving. Trust me, I've asked people if it was a mistake and even offered to trade it back if it was.

Now I tried dumpster diving the other day, and as expected I got a starter item. Last week I put in about a hundred iron ores in to help me out on the energy front. Sometimes I wonder about who gets my items and what they're expression is. And for the holidays it's only expected that a lot of people are putting cheap items in for the energy, but I think there are still some people out there bringing joy to the holiday spirit. Even people that are donating items that they no longer equip anymore rather than selling them back.

gaia_spoons Have any of you gotten worthwhile items from the dive during the holidays?
gaia_spoons What have you been putting in the dumpster if anything at all?
gaia_spoons What is your reaction to receiving various items from the dive?

*Outside of the holidays can count.

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
Have any of you gotten worthwhile items from the dive during the holidays?
If by worthwhile you mean usefulness, I actually do like recieving papers/flowers/bugs because I can always use these for Alchemy purposes. As for price, the only "high" priced item I got from DD was Smashing Cities, which I think I sold on in the MP for about 12k. Every little helps!

What have you been putting in the dumpster if anything at all?
I feel ashamed now. I don't really put anything in the Dumpster. I just take, take, take! sweatdrop I did not realise you could donate to the dumpster for energy. Yeah, I'm pretty dim sometimes...

What is your reaction to receiving various items from the dive?
Like I said, I am always happy to recieve Town stuff for Alchemy but if I were to ever recieve an item on my wishlist or high priced item I would probably be more suspicious then happy. lol I think I would PM the donator (if their name was there) and ask them if it wasn't perhaps a mistake. lol

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
n o i r i s t

I feel ashamed now. I don't really put anything in the Dumpster. I just take, take, take! sweatdrop I did not realise you could donate to the dumpster for energy. Yeah, I'm pretty dim sometimes...
Nah man. Apparently you only get 3% /10 points from donating to the dumpster, so don't feel too bad about it. I would have had to donate...over 300 items to complete the event, eventually I just had enough and switched to gifting.

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
dreamsk
n o i r i s t

Nah man. Apparently you only get 3% /10 points from donating to the dumpster, so don't feel too bad about it. I would have had to donate...over 300 items to complete the event, eventually I just had enough and switched to gifting.

Hmm. This is the thing. Off-topic but I felt like this was a super quick event and pretty hard of us peeps who were working over the holidays and did not have as much time to be online. Anyways...

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
n o i r i s t
dreamsk
n o i r i s t

Hmm. This is the thing. Off-topic but I felt like this was a super quick event and pretty hard of us peeps who were working over the holidays and did not have as much time to be online. Anyways...
It was a little bit time consuming for me, as I hate caroling. sweatdrop And I ended up gifting about 100 items. Since the events not over yet, yeah I guess it was pretty quick.

In other news:
Congratulations! You Found:
1 Crumpled Newspaper

fxxkin demon

I dumpster dive at least once a day. I usually end up with paper. Been a long time since I've ended up with something decent neutral

As for the event, I have been dumping stuff in there all week. It's much easier for me to throw a bunch of zomg or aquarium stuff than to spend hours bumping or gifting. I'm not too comfortable sending strangers cheap random gifts.

Enduring Phantom

I've never received anything useful or nice from DD. sweatdrop So I don't use the feature. I don't want a ton of crap flooding my invo. Same reason I don't use DC anymore.

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Well, .... it IS a dumpster afterall..

Beloved Raider

7,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I don't dive since I like to keep my inventory neat and don't want anything extra I would not use in there. I rather give stuff there than take, most expensive items I've thrown in has been around 40-50k. But i've also thrown in a lot of pure trash, just to keep things interesting. wink

Fashionable Heckler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I used to, but ever since I kept getting trash and flowers donated by "Admin", I stopped.

The most valuable item I've ever gotten was Cat Faces.

Tiny Pumpkin

I dive everyday. I even got a MC once. It was Royal Keymaster.
It was a great feeling burning_eyes

Apocalyptic Lover

Mewsey
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I used to, but ever since I kept getting trash and flowers donated by "Admin", I stopped.

The most valuable item I've ever gotten was Cat Faces.

I am immensely jealous of you. ;__;

I've gotten animated wings once, but I gave them to a friend who wanted them. So... That's it really. D:

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

I always Dumpster Dive, especially on those days where I'm too lazy to go into Towns to collect trash for caches and cases. For the most part it is junk, but my hopes on getting something better were set when I pulled out a Crystal Box and a Taylor's Crowbar from there last month.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from Dumpster Dive. gonk

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I just got done organizing my inventory yesterday. So many items I dumped since they don't have a sellback price or worth the hassle of the MP. So your are all welcome for the junk I give thee~ Just be happy it's not town trash or amigo pants. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff