Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I used to do that until I started a few quests...namely the laurels, anklets, ninja band, angelic pendant and penguin slippers...

I'm takin' my time on the last two items namely because I'm tired of questing!
Oh it gets hard not to spend it all, especially when ya have a lot. Well a lot to me XD... i've got about 7k right now and i'm so tempted to spend it on something on my list. Although i'm saving up for the next donation items when they come out. sweatdrop
I bought a ton of things I neither needed nor wanted, just because I might someday want them in the future. Android Prosthetics, Trapjaw, Mami Pants, Blue Flame Shoes... I have no need for any of them. I didn't even want my Kiki Kitty, but I might someday and I got a good deal for it. Why buy them? Say it with me, now...

"I'm a sad and pathetic Gaia Addict."
-Have you ever bought totally useless items that you will never or have never used?
Yes, I suppose, but as far as donation items I keep them because well they increase in price. They're an investment.
-Why?
If only for investment.
-Have any of these useless objects come in handy with outfits/etc?
Occasionally, yes.
-If not, do you think money-blowers like me are foolish to waste our money?
Waste money?
It's hard to waste money on Gaia. I know that may sound weird, but the more accessories and clothes you have the more you can do with them. I suppose one should shop carefully though and look for good deals. 3nodding
-Anything you'd like to add.
I just want to mention I don't think your blowing money on clothes was really that foolish. I more so feel it was foolish of you to jump into selling a donation item. sweatdrop
One time, I had 30K so I was splurging, and buying sets of things, and I went to go buy ruffled tops. I saw I already had red, so I didn't buy that. I checked if I had yellow in my inventory, and I didn't, so I bought it. Then I noticed; I didn't have the yellow one in my inventory because I was wearing it. gonk I'm lucky it was a cheap item, and not a complex shirt or something, but I was still annoyed that I had wasted gold.
Iggeh
I'm a compulsive donator.
I see someone with some little item in their signature and go 'Aww, a mini
quest! OMFG MINI I LOVE MINIATURE STUFFS!'
Then go buy them whatever they want and get myself one.
Then flip out and block them because I don't want them to PM me and me
to respond and end up saying something wierd and sound like a creepy
old hobo or something. o-o;;

Your color whoring makes me cry. See -------> crying

Yeah to the topic. Ugh, im always blowing my money. I was on a nitemare headband quest, but then i blew 20k, on....on........I can't even remember now. Thats how pointless it was. God damn, i need to write down what my long term goals are on Gaia, and real life.

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Heh, I don't go to the Gaia Exchange much anymore because every time I do, I end up buying tons of crap my avvie really doesn't need just for the pleasure of buying new stuff. Then they only serve interest for maybe 3 days and then I end up selling them.

Sparkly Leaf

I used to blow my gold on stuff after I do a quest and give up. Now, I know better to save it, donate here and there and still end up with the item I wanted. 3nodding

Aged Glitch

10,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
CelesteSilverfang
Well...I did it. When the guitars first came out, I hated them, so I sold off my letter. With that plus what I had before, I had about 10k. And now, I went and blew 6k on clothes...WHY?!?! gonk

-Have you ever bought totally useless items that you will never or have never used?
-Why?
-Have any of these useless objects come in handy with outfits/etc?
-If not, do you think money-blowers like me are foolish to waste our money?
-Anything you'd like to add.

yeah there was a time that I had lot's of money and used it all on a letter and house items T______T
Iggeh
I'm a compulsive donator.
I see someone with some little item in their signature and go 'Aww, a mini
quest! OMFG MINI I LOVE MINIATURE STUFFS!'
Then go buy them whatever they want and get myself one.
Then flip out and block them because I don't want them to PM me and me
to respond and end up saying something wierd and sound like a creepy
old hobo or something. o-o;;

biggrin I like you.
I bought THREE guitars with the gold I had.
Then, I will sell them when they are worth lots more gold than what I got them for.

However, it did set me back quite a bit. I will have 20k before I buy anything that pertains to my current quest.

Dramatic Hunter

I blew everything. (and I /mean/ everything) in my inventory on an OMG.
Like I said questing can be tough which is why I divide my account gold. That way I know I'll have money for something else if it catches my eye.

Wintry Dragon

I like buying stuff. I do have some things that I have not been using for quite some time but I am hoping to have the oppurtunity to wear them once again. For instance, the angelic camisole makes for a very low cut brassier when mixed with the Scott's coat.
I blow off money on clothes all the time. Like these gauntlets and the robo dog thingy I'm going to buy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff