Welcome to Gaia! ::

How greedy are people? I regularly donate expensive flippin' items. Why? Because it's NICE to think that some poor little newbie who's still too low level on zOMG to farm might get a few thousand gold here or there, and it just might make their day. If it's under 5,000g what's the harm in donating? Go through your inventories--you KNOW there's something there you haven't used in forever. No, I'm not saying you should trash the very first little newbie outfit you ever had (I still have my dorky lil' starter items smile ) but at the very least, consider that there are people who use Dumpster Dive because they're still playing Jigsaw for money.

Sorry, that got a little more on-the-soapbox-and-the-rag-at-the-same-time-y than I intended, but I've played Dumpster Dive lately and the only donors I've seen are the admins.

If you DO donate, prove me wrong! heart

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I had donated a million to a Prince gumball cosplayer. And it was because I was in a fantastic mood. Huh. I haven't made the time to donate to newbies lately. sweatdrop

Buggy Mage

I donate sometimes, only to my friends though.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

I used to donate to random people, now I only help my closest friends.
I've dealt with ungrateful, irresponsible people.
I don't feel like dealing with that.

I know some people that don't donate at all.
It's a choice.
Most people work hard for what they have,
So they can choose if they want to give it away or not.
It doesn't make them greedy people.

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
It's a fine line between wanting to donate to newer users and not wanting to see expensive/rare/valuable items get lost in an account that ends up becoming inactive within a month. Or, for fear of sounding too "bootstraps-y", to give a false sense that one *deserves* to get high-priced donations.

For me, I'd rather donate my time and energy than an item or gold. I'll always be willing to help a newer user level up in zOMG to the point where they can earn gold on their own, or even go through runs with them to earn the gold too. I'm happy to chat with anyone who quotes me in hangout threads I frequent, if they're looking for a way to pass the time and earn some gold. And, if someone I've interacted with mentions that they're questing for something or feeling a little poor, I will certainly send them a gift or a trade.

I'll admit, the only things I typically throw in dumpster dive are loot/recipes I get on zOMG, but maybe I'll start tossing in a few more slightly rarer items.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Keakealani

Lol I just got your recipe xD

OG Member

I donate to people I deem worthy of my time/gaia gold. I usually find them worthy or not by speaking with them, usually within a quest thread, though. emotion_c8

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Baby Banirabu
Keakealani

Well... I can't say I'm going to *only* donate rare things. But I promise, I did donate a few! XD

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Keakealani
Baby Banirabu
Keakealani

Well... I can't say I'm going to *only* donate rare things. But I promise, I did donate a few! XD

Hehe no one is forcing you to give any of your rare items away.
I believe donating is a choice, and no one HAS to give anything away.
Nevertheless, thanks for the recipe <3

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I usually just give gifts to my closest friends.
Not because I'm a greedy son-of-a-gun mind you, but just because I know them personally. So if I see a reference item on the MP that I think they'll get a kick out of or something that makes me think of them, I might get it for them. I don't really tend to get gifts for people I don't know, because, well, I don't know them. I don't know what they would like, what they would have a use for, or if they even want a gift.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

People donate to popular people, people with exceeding good looks or a nice avatar, friends, or during charities. Begging threads get you nowhere but a gun barrel to to the face.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

I stopped donating because most of the time people are ungrateful. I've had people I donated to ask for more, or complain it wasn't enough.

Liberal Fatcat

I would donate a bit more if I ran into more honest users. One too many times Ive seen users purposely dress "poorer" in an effort to sucker others for their gold and items. I dont want to give anything to a liar.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I've donated large amounts before.
The largest donation I've done was 2Omil.

I sometimes venture in the Charity Forum and donate small items (1OOk-5OOk).

Anxious Friend

I don't usually donate unless they are my friends. It is very very rare that I will donate to anyone else and if I do I go into forums and look for threads. I don't like it when people ask me to donate to them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff