Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Bunny

I still put stuff in Dumpster Dive occasionally. Sometimes I forget it even exists, but when I remember, stuff goes in there.

I do proper donating too, except only on anon. I prefer to donate to people I've seen around Gaia, but it doesn't have to be people I've spoken to. I think I've donated a few hundred thousand in total, which isn't much compared to a lot of people in here, but I'm not very good at making gold.

Fashionable Flatterer

7,500 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
allison1996May
How greedy are people?

That's a bit generic, really. Not everyone you meet on this website is greedy, and I think it's good to keep that in mind. I think you'll find -- even past this thread -- that there is quite the community of users that will, and are willing to donate.

I myself donate every now and again. Sometimes I throw stuff in the dumpster, sometimes I browse the questing threads and see if I can help people in some way, and sometimes I just like tipping posts. Sure, tipping is used like a 'like' feature here, but 25g is better than nothing, and if I agree with something someone says I 'like' it, and they get a small little bit of gold back just for having someone agree with them.

If you looked in some of the other forums, there's even charity threads that often donate to members both new and old, and quite often all they ask for is a) activity and b) players not to be greedy and expect things. A little bit of kindness goes a long way around Gaia.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

I donate all the time and I receive donations quite a bit also.
        Like yesterday, I logged on after grocery shopping and someone who I don't know donated me 1M gold.

Demonic Detective

17,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
i only donate to my friends i dont donate to random people XD

Scurvy Wench

8,100 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
This is a trap, right?

Apocalyptic Rogue

This feels like a thin veiled begging thread.

“Does this hurt? Of course it does, that’s why I’m going to keep doing it.”

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Thread Flip 150
I did after the summer sale. Kind of got carried away and gave away my avatar items too. Oops sweatdrop but oh well. I'll get them back. 3nodding

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Thread Flip 150
Calelith

This feels like a thin veiled begging thread.

“Does this hurt? Of course it does, that’s why I’m going to keep doing it.”

It is. 3nodding

Heroic Senshi

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I only give away items that I can't sell in the MarketPlace, it's fun and better then giving away items that I use often.

Feral Elder

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I usually donate to guilds, it's up to them to do whatever they want with my stuff.
A lot of people donate still, and are quite generous with their gifts.
On my main account I post in the CB often, there is an anon there that spends thousands of gold on random CBers. You'd be surprised how much gold he/she has because some of the items they are donating are well over a million gold.

I donate to a lot of people, donated over several millions myself. Mainly to those who post in CB and when I'm feeling generous or not.

Muscular Traveler

Well, I sometimes become an Anon during either the Hallowe'en or Xmas events and, for those who're wondering, I have yet to reveal all three of my Anons cat_wink

...But... Beyond that... I don't donate much else unless I see a siggy in the GCD and am I'm like Oh, I have that and I'm not really using it... Time to present them! cat_twisted

Questionable Mage

I put daily chance/giftbox items with no store sellback in the dumpster. sweatdrop
May someone enjoy the android prosthetic mask...

Dangerous Warrior

20,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I try to buy birthday and holiday gifts for my friends (assuming they have a wishlist with items I can afford) if you count that as donating.

I've also gifted friends items if they needed something for alchemy that I did not need.

I do put items in Dumpster Dive periodically, but usually not anything really expensive. I can always use gold myself, so it's mostly small stuff I don't want to spend time listing in the MP.

I'll donate to a guild to help support it.

That's pretty much it. The reality is, no one NEEDS donations here.
This site is 100% entertainment, and when I see someone here expecting to get something for nothing I can't help but wonder how they act in the real world. I've had to deal with too many people who feel entitled to get stuff without working for it my regular life. I have no patience for it in a place I come to have fun.

Dangerous Warrior

20,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
hinotoriii
allison1996May
How greedy are people?

That's a bit generic, really. Not everyone you meet on this website is greedy, and I think it's good to keep that in mind. I think you'll find -- even past this thread -- that there is quite the community of users that will, and are willing to donate.

I myself donate every now and again. Sometimes I throw stuff in the dumpster, sometimes I browse the questing threads and see if I can help people in some way, and sometimes I just like tipping posts. Sure, tipping is used like a 'like' feature here, but 25g is better than nothing, and if I agree with something someone says I 'like' it, and they get a small little bit of gold back just for having someone agree with them.

If you looked in some of the other forums, there's even charity threads that often donate to members both new and old, and quite often all they ask for is a) activity and b) players not to be greedy and expect things. A little bit of kindness goes a long way around Gaia.

I agree about tipping. I tip posts I like all the time. I was not sure if that is considered donating, but I think it is a valid method.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff