Welcome to Gaia! ::

clarion's King

Super Model

Technical complications aside (that have already been mentioned in this thread so far), this just sounds like an excuse to be able to beg other users for cash and effectively hoard GC in the process.

No thanks.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Ven Loki Loraine
Lapsis Stella

Yes Gaia would be because then they would have to refund the money thay was stolen. Thisnis how Gaia makes an income and pays their employees.

How is that any different from people buying ITEMS with stolen credit cards? (Like the big ticket bundles?)

Whether a person trades off the GC or the items makes absolutely NO difference for Gaia since technically, GC is just an "item" too.

Don't act as if I am too stupid to know how Gaia pays their bills, please. emotion_facepalm

Obviously we are miscommunicating somewhere. Its not any different, obviously. We're not understanding one another.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Lapsis Stella
Ven Loki Loraine
Lapsis Stella

Yes Gaia would be because then they would have to refund the money thay was stolen. Thisnis how Gaia makes an income and pays their employees.

How is that any different from people buying ITEMS with stolen credit cards? (Like the big ticket bundles?)

Whether a person trades off the GC or the items makes absolutely NO difference for Gaia since technically, GC is just an "item" too.

Don't act as if I am too stupid to know how Gaia pays their bills, please. emotion_facepalm

Obviously we are miscommunicating somewhere. Its not any different, obviously. We're not understanding one another.
Yeah, seems like it. My whole point was: People can already use the cash shop to profit from credit card fraud and I don't think trading gc would make the issue any better or worse.

Ice-Cold Star

Deoxtri
>>>: Nope.
I don't think it should be tradable. Because if there should be some hiccup
with that system the whole site would turn into a raging inferno of mad users.
I do however think one should be able to buy GC for a friend on the GCash page.
Like when you buy games on steam and you can click for me or for a friend.
I like this idea.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
da, imvu, and secondlife all allow it, so i don't see why not emotion_yatta

PK Flash's Datemate

Dangerous Rogue

18,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
I do think this should be possible. Other sites I've been on have allowed the buying and selling of their version of GC as 'gift cards', and it helps solidify a precise price for GC and GC products.

Introduce gift cards, even if we're still not allowed to send the cash itself.

Revered Hobo

35,375 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Married 100
If Gaia gets the money and is used to only buy things on Gaia, I don't see the problem. People would trade GC for items/gold anyways. You can't even do anything with GC but buy Gaia things.

And it would really help out friends if they want something in the cash shop, but are a little short on cash. You could trade them a bit to get what they want. Especially if that item is limited quantity. Plus, what if you have a little left over from a purchase and know you're not going to use it? Might as well give it to someone who will.

I see a difference between Gaia's "no trading things for real life money" and trading Gaia Cash. With Gaia Cash, it all stays within Gaia. You can pay an artist with GC, and that artist can't go and take that GC and buy weed with it. They will go and buy an item and Gaia gets the money. I already see people in the exchange saying they have x amount of Gaia cash and people bid on what items they want bought with it. That is basically trading GC for money.

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Absolutely.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
missyrocksurlife
I already see people in the exchange saying they have x amount of Gaia cash and people bid on what items they want bought with it. That is basically trading GC for money.
That's against the ToS too and can potentially get both parties banned.
A staff member clarified this some time ago.

Sparkly Kitten

53,900 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Magus
Technical complications aside (that have already been mentioned in this thread so far), this just sounds like an excuse to be able to beg other users for cash and effectively hoard GC in the process.

No thanks.
oh this last bit is a good point. Al the savy vendors would find a way to hoard all the gc. It might make it even easier for them to monopolize the mp.

Revered Hobo

35,375 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Married 100
Ven Loki Loraine
missyrocksurlife
I already see people in the exchange saying they have x amount of Gaia cash and people bid on what items they want bought with it. That is basically trading GC for money.
That's against the ToS too and can potentially get both parties banned.
A staff member clarified this some time ago.
I find that ridiculous though. Gaia gets the money either way. All that person is going to do now is buy an item and sell it.

Feral Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Marathon 300
Yep.

Or...maybe have some sort of conversion system, where a certain amount of gold equals a certain amount of gcash. That way there'll be massive deflation as it'll act as a gold sink, and when users purpose items with that newfound gaia cash, either to wear or sell on the marketplace - that'll be another gold sink because there's the tax.

I know for one, I would use that feature if it became available. The conversion should be something like 1b = 1 gc or 10b = 1gc because everything's so damn inflated.

Otherworldly Gatekeeper

16,965 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
I'd like it to happen, but I doubt it ever will. If anything, it would be an IMVU-like situation, where there'd be a distinction between GCash you actually paid for and GCash you'd get for doing offers. If it's like IMVU, the different types of GC would spend the same, but we'd only be able to gift/trade the paid-for GC. Not sure if that would be much help to anyone interested in trading/gifting GC...

Magical Phantom

why not be able to gift gaia cash? ...and being able to trade cash would be great!
once its converted from real world money to game cash we should be able to do whatever with it. i never understood why we cant trade or gift it. what does it matter?

Ice-Cold Star

Il Corvo di Verona
I'd like it to happen, but I doubt it ever will. If anything, it would be an IMVU-like situation, where there'd be a distinction between GCash you actually paid for and GCash you'd get for doing offers. If it's like IMVU, the different types of GC would spend the same, but we'd only be able to gift/trade the paid-for GC. Not sure if that would be much help to anyone interested in trading/gifting GC...
I think that's a great idea, actually. Allowing users to trade AND gift their purchased GC, but have "earned" GC locked to their account would solve a problem that a lot of users brought up about people abusing the offers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff