Welcome to Gaia! ::

Show Online Status?

Yes 0.51923076923077 51.9% [ 108 ]
No 0.34615384615385 34.6% [ 72 ]
Friends Only 0.13461538461538 13.5% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 208 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Anxious Kitten

This topic is pretty simple and self explanatory.
            Under your account preferences, there are three options for displaying your online status.
            I'm curious to know which option you use and why!

For me, I keep my online status viewable to friends only. I don't like the fact that users who can see my online status can follow me to wherever I am on the site. It just weirds me out. Plus, I don't really think it's anyone's business whether I'm online or not unless they're my friend.

No spoons! If you can't find your own utensils for this meal...

Edit:
            *Facepalm* I don't know why people post in old threads... well, as an update, I have changed my online status so that everyone can see it, and I honestly do get more spam PMs and such now. *shrug*

Mega Noob

8,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Everyone can see when I'm online, since I don't really see a problem with it.

Invisible Phantom

11,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
I believe I have mine set to off.
I'm always on like six different sites at the same time.
I tend to forget I'm on Gaia sometimes so it's almost like I am offline even when I'm actually online.

Weird reason, but it fits.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Mine is hidden I think. (am I online or offline right now edit: coolz i r offlines!)
Why? Cause I tend to leave Gaia on in the background 24/7 so it seems like I'm on all the time but really I'm not.

I can imagine someone PMing me when my status says 'online' and I've been AFK for hours - they might think I'm ignoring them.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

I like the idea of seeming invisibly online. cool

Dangerous Loiterer

I had mine set so that everybody could see it, but it was never right. So I turned it off. It showed
me offline when I was on, so nobody messaged me. ; _ ;

Anxious Kitten

Shiver`

Yep, you're showing as offline.

charmsei's Prince

cutesy angel

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

☆☆☆ Alfred♥

I believe mine is set so everyone can see I'm online.
    It's kind of annoying when I can see someone posting or active, or I'm planning to trade with them and they've set it to "Offline".

I don't know, I don't see the point in having it set to 'Offline' when you're really 'Online'. Nyeeeh~ >///<;

Anxious Kitten

Caerthakatha

I had mine set so that everybody could see it, but it was never right. So I turned it off. It showed
me offline when I was on, so nobody messaged me. ; _ ;

Sometimes mine does weird things, too. I once was at a friend's house, and she was on Gaia, and she told me I was showing up as online.

Widow

Lonely Noob

My status is set to offline.

I just like having my privacy and the option to turn my status back on. If I feel like it.

edits:
I am amused with the fact most people using the word set. User Image

Tsukimio's Husbando

Aged Phantom

Mines set to online, cause I figure if someone wants to stalk me theyd start with my recent posts, that are available for all to see no matter my status

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Online. I'm not worried that someone is stalking me all over Gaia and if there is, the person is doing such a wonderful job at it that I haven't noticed.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Nope. I have my status set to friends only.

Beloved Conversationalist

10,175 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Online, because I am an attention whore, darling~

No but seriously, I believe there's nothing wrong with keeping a status set as offline.
Offline all the time yet still writing in forums, playing zOMG!, etc.= ZOMBIE!

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
I like to know when my friends are online, so I show them the same consideration. I have not prominence, nor any need for it, so it's not like people are constantly contacting me. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff