Welcome to Gaia! ::

Handsome Man-Lover

Steeple
Bowie-Spawan
Ah, but doing it for parody is a different matter mrgreen I remember I once tried to simply pile on as many items as I could (no matter their worth) just to see how many I could make fit. I think I reached 98 or so XD Result was a glorious mess.

Turns out I still have the result in photobucket XD
User Image
User Image
Yeah i mostly piled on my PotX items with some MCs and toptier RIG items. It was fun and ugly as sin and i loved it.

Holy s**t, that's beautiful rofl Clutter to the MAX!!

Dante Rebellion Sparda
I don't even use the saved avatar slots. Aside from this avatar, coatless version and one of Sparda. That is it.
i ran out of slots so i have a folder for works in progress. sweatdrop honestly i admire people who have one look and stick with it. I could never do that...

I think it was an AT challange back then; who could reach 100 items equipped first. I didn't make it XD

And I'm the same about the slots...they're always filled at max and any new avi I make I like I gotta deliberate which to delete first to replace it x.x More lots would be so awesome.
I started saving the screenies of the avis and equip lists into a folder.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Bowie-Spawan
I think it was an AT challange back then; who could reach 100 items equipped first. I didn't make it XD

And I'm the same about the slots...they're always filled at max and any new avi I make I like I gotta deliberate which to delete first to replace it x.x More lots would be so awesome.
I started saving the screenies of the avis and equip lists into a folder.
i bet that was fun, ehehehe.

Yepppp. nowadays i mostly use the slots for recent things i'm playing with or interesting layering combos i want to use.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

While I find a few high-ticketed items appealing, if I were to given a massive sum of gold, I would most certainly commit it to other items before considering the highly coveted ones.

I also agree with other posters that 'need' is a strong word. It's more of want than need, I believe.

Q1 - Did you hated Gaia or your Avatar at some point because you just didn't know what to do with everything here?
Hate is quite a strong word. I admit that I have felt and still am disappointed with the direction, though.

Q2 - Do you use free items and gold shop items more now, with all the inflation?
I haven't seen a change with my habits.. which means gold items more or less compliment my avatar than to be the majority of my avatar's clothing. Although, by the time the economy became severely volatile, I had amassed a decent amount of premium items so I was not lacking in newer items. Rather, I revisited older ones and I'm more or less satisfied with what I have so far.

Q3 - If you used Tektek before to make Dream Avis, do you still use it, despite the market being unstable?
I use tektek very sparingly. I'm aware of my gold monetary limits and potential gains so I hardly partook in questing in the first place, lol. Even if I had, the item would generally not be impossible by my standards to obtain. I also tend to truncate items that is out of my limits from my wishlist so I don't fall into vying for the impossibilities (again, based on my limits itself).

Q4 - Is your Avatar still important to you, or do you focus on other things now?
.. considering how I change my avatar often.. I'm pretty sure my avatar has significance to me~ yum_puddi
I'm often a lurker of a few forums, and it seems that I haven't changed that habit very much. I hardly play Gaia's games, mainly because the rewards aren't very enticing. Lastly, my communication prowess hasn't been the strongest.. so I cannot say that I put a lot of focus in conversation.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
I totes do, Luckily I had some before the inflation hit, so I don't need to worry as much.
I don't want to spend real money because I'm still convinced Gaia will shut down and all my stuff will be gone, be pretty stupid to spend like 100 buck on this site for something not even there anymore. Also it's not worth it. I could buy like... yarn with that.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
*hides questbars*

I, for one, am unfortunate enough to have items that I absolutely adore be in the billions. As others said, no one really needs anything here. We don't even need the site.

But if you really really want it, go for it.
I don't need it.

Yes, I have a few multi-billion items on my wishlist. Having a wishlist keeps me sticking around.
I do believe if I keep at it, I'll eventually achieve it. I have a pretty decent sized inventory, that leaves me some room to barter and sell some of my items.

With Gaia's items, I have this "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!" mentality. Of course, only with my wishlist though.
Once upon a time, I spent a lot of time stalking the marketplace or Exchange. That's my usual source of income on this site. If I finish questing, I'll feel like I have not much of an incentive to be here. There are other things I can do to spend my time on here, but items are a huge part of the reason why I'm here. I'll probably have way too much time on my hands otherwise. xd

My inventory still consists of mostly cash items, the main reason being that gold shop items can be attained at any time, and there is no limited supply. If I really wanted a goldshop item, I wouldn't need to find a seller or wait for a price dip. I find it difficult to keep up with all these new CS updates, so I've always prioritized CS items first. Well, if I can. emotion_sweatdrop

I stopped using tektek because there are so many layering differences between the two. Gaia has 200+ different layers for sure. Also, there are some neat combo tricks that can be found on Gaia, whereas they would unlikely be available on tektek. I do use tektek to find items sometimes though. Having poses sorted by color is extremely useful.

Shapeshifter

*looks at alchemy backwings, then at lionfish*
... crying
Most things I've stuck on my wishlist are because I like them, not because I know what to do with them. I am ridiculously picky about things so more items is always better.
But those wings I have worked on forever and there's no way I'm giving up scream

Vampiric Knight

If someone gave me 10B?
I'd buy all the wings in Loyal's shop.
...then I'd take whatever's left and decimate my wishlist XD
Particularly Bewitching Beauty, goddamn.
Someone had posted one for 77mil and that pricing was stuck as lowest price for DAYS.
So much rage scream

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
I don't think I even have a wishlist item worth ten bil... The most expensive one, last I chucked, was two bil. So if someone donated that amount to me, I could buy SEVERAL high ticket items I want and be happier than a pig in s**t.

I'm an item whore. Variety keeps me sane and happy. When I get an anxiety attack, I fiddle with my inventory to bring myself back down to earth. If I stagnate, I get frustrated.

So while I don't NEED items? Items are nice to have, and I like having them, and I do appreciate them. So I'll go for them because ******** it, it's my time and my inventory, and so I'll do with them what makes ME happy.

Lonely Loiterer

I don't need any of the 1b+ items. But that are some that I want. The majority of the items I have are for making OCs, so as long as I don't run out of ideas, I'll keep going after items. If I was randomly given 10b, I'd probably buy a bunch of items I want, but I'd keep a good portion of it so I can make more gold. Because god knows 10b can't buy all the pretty wings.

- Did you hated Gaia or your Avatar at some point because you just didn't know what to do with everything here?
I've had moments of avi block, yes, but it didn't make me hate Gaia. I just felt overwhelmed at how many items I've obtained over the past few months. I've managed to ignore items that look pretty, but don't suit my style, so I don't become overwhelmed at the items we get daily.

- Do you use free items and goldshop items more now, with all the inflation?
Nope. Mostly use cash shop items, since those have the highest quality.

- If you used Tektek before to make Dream Avis, do you still use it, despite the market being instable?
I make dream avis once in awhile to keep track of what items I want for it. Never paid attention to price because it doesn't update right away. Now, the prices are just plain incorrect.

- Is your Avatar still important to you, or do you focus on other things now?
My avi is still the main attraction for me to be on Gaia. I think it's always been, while flash spaces and the forums are bonuses.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I def don't need them.
I just want them.
But actually what i want most on gaia atm is around 600mill.. which isn't so bad.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
Well as a cat collector, I do want to finish my collection one day, but I can wait until they decide to put the cats up for rerelease. So while I don't need them, I will certainly wait for when my gold reaches the point of getting one.

Intergalactic Recruit

First I'd like to say, you have an adorably sweet avi, OP. She is just so cute and the color combo is so pretty.

For me, I rarely have much interest in the very expensive items. Sure some are neat but, overall, they're just not must haves for me. The most expensive item I purchased recently was the Ace of Stars - I love bright vibrant neon colors and anything to do with space, so the Shooting Star Stockings was something I really knew I wanted.

I am a Cash buyer. I spend around $10 a month on Gaia (sometimes a max of $20), and only if there is something I really want. I vend CS items to make gold so I can buy items in the MP since it's cheaper for me that way, but the majority of items in my gallery, if they are in the bil rang, it's only because of inflation over time.

Most of my gallery consists of many many many cheaper items (both gold and cash items) I combine together to make either a cool cosplay or, the things I like just aren't that expensive or have deflated due to being re-released.

So for the most part, as an occasional spender with unpopular tastes, I'm more than content with what I have been able to get on Gaia.

And I still use Tektek, but I must admit, it is extremely overwhelming to create avis from scratch on there. There is just so many items to go through to look for that specific thing you're looking for. My avi is the most important part of Gaia for me as I don't have friends here and I am not social, but I enjoy art so I enjoy new item releases and RIG art and seeing if my fav artists are making anything new.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Most of the expensive items on here are things I halfheartedly want, though there are a very select few that I really want and if I have the opportunity to get it, I will. Otherwise, I'm content sitting on my gold until things are re-released in RIGs or bundles and get cheap. I'm also plopping down a lot of gold toward gold shops. I've bought all of Barton Boutique, Durem Depot, Gambino Outfitters, Buttercup Cafe, Skin Tyte and Barton Jewelers so far.

Kawaii Nerd

I want nice items, they just happen to be 1bil gold now. I think if a person really wants it their going to try to get regardless of the price

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff