Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Bloodsucker

Hello GCD!

Let's talk SIGGIES!

I tend to be quite the lurker on the boards now that my precious art shop/auction threads have gone a bit cray cray ( -_- ). But one thing I've noticed is how often I go through people's signatures. It's there that I've found some of my favorite art shops, really fun blogs, or seen galleries/rp threads which take my breath away. I tend to recognize certain people based entirely on images or links in their signature -- more so than their avatar or post layout. I was curious about how other people view signatures.

So what do you do, GCD?

gaia_spoons Do you ever click links in someone's signature? Or only if the link doesn't go off site?
gaia_spoons Do you use it as a means to find new artists, friends, blogs, or something else?
gaia_spoons Does the content of a person's signature color how you view their post?
gaia_spoons Are you more or less likely to donate to someone's quest if you see their tracker in their signature?
gaia_spoons How often do you change your signature, if at all, and what do you use it for?
gaia_spoons Do you disable anything in signatures? Like aquariums or cars?

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Usually I'd click into people's signatures and quest threads and try to see whats in there, and if I can help or not if its a quest thread.
I'm not social enough to wanting to talk to someone after clicking into their link rofl

I remember who are the annoying/fun people by seeing their signatures. Usually I can expect the type of reply based on what I remember about them lol
I don't change it too often because when I do, it's just that I make a new avi art. Which I am not, since I'm on another art block emotion_facepalm

Eternal Hellraiser

mm.
      I read just about everyones sigs. Although only click on links to da or artshops if they have a sample of their work I like down there as well.
      I don't really make judgments on people based on signature, what they say in their posts is enough for that. Although some signatures make me laugh more.. I suppose.

Pretty much have all the additional crap of cars, aquariums and whatever else disabled.

Fluffy Trickster

I barely notice them, unless it's avi art and picture which usually glaring enough to catch my attention
as for quest item in signature, it's 50:50 chance I will notice them.
since I don't care much, my own signature only displayed a gift art and some word to accompany the art credits.
I haven't changed them other than the sentence there ever since I receive the art

Ami Satomora's Waifu

God Eater

I use mine for my art shop, quest thread and my current stream link. I am also on mobile right now so I cant see them. I like reading oc back stories and if the person has linked a thread or gallery in their siggy it makes it easier to find extra info for when I draw something for them. In example my chibi thread has now a lot of regulars from a sailor moon breedable rp/shop knowing the link to the main thread and links to the characters profiles help me when I need to look for info on personality or more image refs ^^

Super Spirit

I'll visit a link sometimes but I usually just admire the artwork. emotion_kirakira

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
i have them 100% disabled emotion_yatta

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
I mostly like to stare at the pretty art in someone's sig... and possibly learn a bit about them.
As for my own signature: I just use it as a "promotional and titles" area
Free advertising ftw!!

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Fatcat

I usually just skim them - I lurk a lot and see the same people post over and over again, so I don't feel like I need to read it every time. I rarely change my signature...actually I think when I changed it last month was the first time I had done so in about two years. It's not really a feature I care a lot about.

If someone has a link to their tumblr or blog in the sig, I'll usually check out a few pages. Other than that, I rarely follow links in signatures.

Riisa Rose's Princess

Sugary Bunny

~ ~ ~ ~
I read signatures quite often. ...If the person has a quest thread in their signature then I will visit it, vote it up or vote in their poll if they have one. Sometimes I will wish them goodluck. I always wonder if people even care to read signatures... I used to change the image in my signature once a week. Nowadays I just change it every now and then.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
I feel like i look at siggies a lot. I love looking at avi art and reading people's comics.

I used to use mine for those adoptable eggs that hatched, but now I'm back to art.

fxxkin demon

All the time. It's the only way I can remember people on Gaia.

Aged Lunatic

16,975 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I read em and I know people read mine cause I do get messages from time to time.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
I like to look at em

Some signatures are meant to be read
*points at own siggy*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items