Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you enjoy achievements, and collect them?

I like them, and actively collect them! 0.42924528301887 42.9% [ 91 ]
I like them, but only went after a specific few 0.30660377358491 30.7% [ 65 ]
I am totally neutral 0.19339622641509 19.3% [ 41 ]
I dislike them, but don't mind people who use them 0.033018867924528 3.3% [ 7 ]
Achievements are DUMB and should get off my site! 0.037735849056604 3.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 212 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I Asche I
I love them. heart

There are some that I will never get though, like Conventioneer, the higher level Alchemy achievements, and (obviously) Event ones I've missed.

And there are others that I shy away from because they seem daunting. Namely Threadmaster and Firestarter, and also Invisibility (I dread posting in the CB).

Invisibility is kind of fun. Make a really boring-sounding first post, leave, and see what happens.

I've gotten it on multiple alts by making threads about a pairing of really minor Dragon Age NPCs rofl

Handsome Man-Lover

The titles make them worth it for me.

I missed out on a lot, due to my long hiatus (achievements were completely new to me when I came back and obviously there's event related ones I will never get), but for having been back for not quite 2 months now, I'd say 7600 pts isn't too bad XD

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

15,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Fluff Reclamation 250

I absolutely adore the achievements.
        Actually I like them even more than event items.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I Asche I
I love them. heart

There are some that I will never get though, like Conventioneer, the higher level Alchemy achievements, and (obviously) Event ones I've missed.

And there are others that I shy away from because they seem daunting. Namely Threadmaster and Firestarter, and also Invisibility (I dread posting in the CB).

You might be able to get Conventioneer even if you can't get to a convention. You get the achievement when you put in a code from one of the cards they give out at the convention. A lot of people receive multiples of the cards so you might be able to find someone willing to give you an extra code. cat_whee

But, yeah. I won't be able to get any of the high level Alchemy ones. I think there are a few event ones I missed. I managed to get most of the tougher forum ones through luck, but I still need Firestarter. I might try to get it but it would take a loooong time.
I just do the ones that would benefit me C:
title means nothing to me tho sad

Dedicated Seeker

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but you get two free Gender potions in your settings, so you don't have to spend that much gold to get Achievements as far as I know. Most of the items you have to buy (or use) to get Achievements are in the cheapish range or free. I like them personally, I like the options of getting titles and I like having the extra number by my gold and cash amounts. I actually am hopeful we will get to spend the points someday, like Ernya does for their 'Stickers'.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
They make you feel special?
* Special me sitting on 13k points*

Undead Enchantress

Titles seem cute, but I don't think they are worth achieving unless passively. I actually got Perfect Attendance for existing. Woot!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I like them because they're easier to collect than questing for expensive items.

fxxkin demon

I like the titles and all but I rarely go above and beyond to collect them.

If I think it's gonna take too much work then I don't bother. Like this past Easter's achievements. I missed most of the event due to a busted computer. When I finally was able to participate I saw how much I would have to do to catch up I passed. Life is too short.

But I have to say even not completing all of the available ones I'm sitting at 15,350 in points. Not too shabby. cool

Lavish Lunatic

I'm pretty proud and yet ashamed of my perfect attendance achievement. rofl

I just think they're fun and I try to get them when I'm bored.

Shadowy Loiterer

I keep hearing voices in my head.

I enjoy getting them, as it increases the amount of combinations of titles I have

Should I be worried?

Original Survivor

I remember some talk a while back about giving some perks for hitting a certain number, but also I remember Gaia saying they don't intend to put any kind of currency on them. Either way I glad I haven't missed one yet, aside from the 3 hair related ones that I personally find very unfair. And the only other 2 I'm missing are Backwing related.

Butterfly Prince

I figure they're just something to do, other than one specific store achievement which allows you to have extra store sale slots.

Shy Gaian

I just recently got the 180 days acheviement. I was rather shocked when I read, "You haven't missed a day in 6 months!" I really have no life.
I have gotten all the ones I can pretty much get on my own, so hopefully they release some more soon.

I do like them for the titles we can get though, they is probably why I like them. I wish they'd release something to do with the points though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff