Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you enjoy achievements, and collect them?

I like them, and actively collect them! 0.42924528301887 42.9% [ 91 ]
I like them, but only went after a specific few 0.30660377358491 30.7% [ 65 ]
I am totally neutral 0.19339622641509 19.3% [ 41 ]
I dislike them, but don't mind people who use them 0.033018867924528 3.3% [ 7 ]
Achievements are DUMB and should get off my site! 0.037735849056604 3.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 212 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Starrydance's Queen

Blessing Devotee

So, I've recently been on a kick of getting some achievements. They add nice title options, and if customization is your thing, it's a great idea.

But there's some achievements that could run you up a good amount of gold, from a newbie's perspective. Buying the gender potion, for one!

So, what do you think? Is the time spent on achievements worth it? Are you willing to drop the gold? Why or why not?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I enjoy the achievements, even moreso after they added the titles.

Rare

I get the ones I can get, but I don't go out of my way to get any. I don't mind spending the gold on them though since it's not that expensive for me. The only issue I have with achievements is that I'll never be able to do some of them because I have to do others before they show up, and I'm never going to do some of the other ones. I wish I could just delete them or something, especially the ones that require me to actually create a thread.

Invisible Hunter

There's a link somewhere in your Account Options where you can get two gender-switch potions for free. It only works once, of course.

Starrydance's Queen

Blessing Devotee

Seamus McFarlane
There's a link somewhere in your Account Options where you can get two gender-switch potions for free. It only works once, of course.

I saw that!

It's just in the description of the gender-swap, it says PURCHASE the potion. So I'm not certain of if you need to buy it or not.

Green Gaian

They're like Pokemon, gotta get them all. emotion_donotwant

Lily-livered Vegetarian

30,415 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Must have all the titles! Must have all the titles!
I really enjoy the achievements. Nice little side-quests that keep me engaged and encourage me to put in extra effort participating in events. wink

Perfect Pumpkin

They don't do anything for me. I can't even get to half-mast for them.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
You SHOULD get two free gender potions per account, but I claimed them all on all my alts ages ago, so I suppose it's possible that they're not available any more.

I like achievements because it just gives a little extra something to work towards on the site.

Profitable Prophet

Since achievements are essentially vanity items, they're always worth it. I've dropped way more than 50k for some of the alchemy achievements. The fact that they're hard to get makes them more desirable.

Hoarding Hoarder

I love working for acheivements. I feel bad for missing out on a few of the event ones, and the alchemy ones I don't even want to talk about right now. emotion_0A0

Feral Saint

I believe achievements are just another "flashy-title", either it means something or means nothing at all. I used to work at achievements but it was just a waste of irreplaceable time. For me, right now, anything in here means nothing, I do what I think is right. End of the story.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
If I want the title bad enough I'm willing otherwise, no.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I love them. heart

There are some that I will never get though, like Conventioneer, the higher level Alchemy achievements, and (obviously) Event ones I've missed.

And there are others that I shy away from because they seem daunting. Namely Threadmaster and Firestarter, and also Invisibility (I dread posting in the CB).

Minsuil's Prince

Devoted Hoarder

Moonstone Dazzle
Seamus McFarlane

I saw that!

It's just in the description of the gender-swap, it says PURCHASE the potion. So I'm not certain of if you need to buy it or not.

It tells you to buy it, but I've never purchased a gender swap potion and I have that achievement, so you don't actually need to. c:!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff